Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

05MAY13 - Release Dates on the 777 and Our Silence on Same

And don't forget that fabulous MD-11:

The best of the best Oliver

Can anyone confirm those 400+ crew alerting messages are actually implemented? ... Anybody? ... No?

I believe only 399 have been confirmed to date :lol:

Chris Sunseri

@olli4740 look at the "So how detailed will the 777 be?" topic (-:

And don't forget that fabulous MD-11:

Can anyone confirm those 400+ crew alerting messages are actually implemented? ... Anybody? ... No?

You're begging for a T7 release and haven't even learnt your MD-11 by now??? Come on ...

I will hang my head in shame, but i have never been a great fan of the MD-11, yes i know its like sacrilage (another big word for me) and its got nothing to do with the PMDG model, it just in reall life its never really captured my imagination.

It wouldn't have captured mine - if it hadn't been for PMDG ...

Such system depth - and so easy to interface with in MSFS.   :smile:

Just to please you, lucky Luke: Will it have VNAV?!?   B)

EGLL77W, on 08 May 2013 - 8:11 PM, said:

Just to please you, lucky Luke: Will it have VNAV?!? B)

No Ollie,

Please stop giving people the incorrect information, i heard from an insider, that VNAV will be modelled but LNAV wont as it doesnt really help the die hard fly by your pants type of pilots out there!

Also the headphone and mic plugs will not be modelled in for the jumpseat, because who needs a backseat driver in this baby. Another thing apparently they wont be putting up the Air France livery, why do you need to paint it in such a livery if the plane will never be cleaned, just leave it cant save a few bop.

Another fantastic expansion pack will be coming out soon after the original, its called "the Service Centre V1.0", the base pack will not have the tyres inflated, so you wont be able to taxi or takeoff or land, according to this insider its because PMDG wants you to make sure you first know what all the buttons and dials are for, on release of the expansion pack you will be able to inflate the tyres through the CDU requesting ground crew to top off the fuel, check the oil and inflate the tyres!!

(...)

Another fantastic expansion pack will be coming out soon after the original, its called "the Service Centre V1.0", (...)

Any news concerning v1.2 ...?     :rolleyes:

I will hang my head in shame, but i have never been a great fan of the MD-11

Same.  Just dont like the jet so much and I HATE the CDU...I find it confusing compared to the Boeing one.

spacer.png

Helo_Head, on 09 May 2013 - 4:12 PM, said:

Same. Just dont like the jet so much and I HATE the CDU...I find it confusing compared to the Boeing one.

That MD11 CDU is a MCDU - just to start reducing confusion step-by-step ... :P

I heard from a friend that the 777 will have an adjustable release date that is selectable from the CDU PMDG options page. On full power, the 777 will be released in the next few weeks but it can be de-rated to be released in July or August :P This information is also visible on the EFB or even on the weather radar if not obscured by the rain effect :lol:

This insider i have, just gave me some more info, apparently and this is really secret, the radome on the 777 will have a different function, for ease of loading cargo this area will be used similar to a 1964 Volkswagen Beetle, because of the seriously derated engines the engineers have decided to move the radar to the tailcone as the 777 might be overtaken by a Cessna going "balls to the walls".

To make this aircraft more compatible with the future vision given by Boeing's Design team and the 777X, this PMDG version will have the folding wingtips, unfortuntely due to battery issues further power requirements can not be handled to to the strenght of the batteries and to save weight no further batteries cab ne installed, Boeing engineers did look at using AA penlight batteries but it might not suffice as relacing these in flight could be dangerous and have serious Health and Safety issues, for this reason the commander of the aircraft would need to stop the aircraft, and allow the First Officer to disembark and use a Alluminium ladder which would be located in the aft cargo hold, he would then need to remove the clasps underneath the wing tips to drop the 5 inch outer wintips.

As soon as i get move info i will let you know, please keep this hush hush!

A friend of mine spent a night with a PMDG beta-tester's girlfriend - they were just discussing release dates, of course ...   happy.png

... wait, I'll start a separate topic for that!   tongue.png

every day extra we wait equals more bugs and annoyances fixed.. considering that just one unsolved bug can lead to hundreds of frustrated posters starting and commenting on threads that clog up the avsim forums its a no brainer to get on with your life until it turns up..

.. when your wife announces WE pregnant you don't say hey i want it NOW you just wait full term and love whatever pops out afterwards..

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK