Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

05MAY13 - Release Dates on the 777 and Our Silence on Same

I purchased the NGX on the evening of its release, and I flew bug-free.  I appreaciate the PMDG standard, and I know the 777 will be well worth the wait.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

It's so simple. Isn't PMDG's logic not clearly stated and sensible regarding all this release stuff? Reminds me of a Country Western song " What part of No don't you understand" Yet everyone keeps pushing the topic.Go get some fresh air people. Does a world of good.

Shameful that Rob has to waste his time, "calming the children" ...... the irrational sense of entitlement is something that seems to be sweeping the globe these days .... strange.

We all want the T7, but those who descend into childlike, impetulent 'spats' and dummy-throwing tantrums, are truly just embarrassing themselves.

To those (the minority); show a little bit of restraint and maturity...... oh and perspective.

The more PMDG have to waste their time with crocks like this, the longer it will take to deliver the 777.

+1

Some of the comments are frankly shocking.

I think the one thing we can all take from this is just how much people are wanting this product and probably all PMDG products. 

I can't think of any other company whose products inspire this level of devotion from Flight Sim fans.

Ian R Tyldesley

One of the big reasons i'm not clamouring to get in the cockpit right now is that i'm still learning the NG, I've had it since the release date and fly it every week and theres theres still a huge bunch of stuff to learn. That is amazing in my opinion and the learning  is the fun bit. I remember when i was 16, my dad told me i was getting too old to play computer games when i bought the latest wireframe sim for my ZX spectrum 48k, 24 years later sorry dad!

Ceri

I cannot understand why you keep hassling the PMDG  team for release dates when you have ngx ,j41,md11 etc to fly with.It takes years of practice to master even one aircraft alone ,and PMDG have produced incredible aircrafts that should keep you occupied for many many months . If you can fly them all masterfully since their release dates then it's an insult to the real pilots, whom have trained painstakingly for many years to reach their goal to fly either one of these aircrafts.I have my hands full learning and always finding something new . Be patient and let PMDG do their job if you want the best . Keep up the good work PMDG !

I agree about not giving dates and think your right, but the statement I have to say makes me lol. Why?

Still on you web site is the vid showing the "NGX coming this summer", nope...it was around 14 months later, you posted the vid and later you said it would be that Christmas.

Feb last year you said the DC 6 would be in our hands very soon? 14 months later....nope

The 777, no release dates but you went into great lengths to explain the NGX was the building block for all your aircraft to come and you expected the 777 to only take around 6 months and implied you could bring the 747v2 within the same time frame.

So 1 1/2 years later and.....nope

So I think it no surprise people asking Q. No "release dates" but ....come on. How about "no release dates or silly hints on them"

I'm happy with my Q400 so I've all but forgot about the 777, but pls don't make out "we never give release dates", come on! Really!

Your products are first class and I love and have all of them, and there done when there done is fine, but its you that comes out with all the "hints" and "dates".

Exactly, self inflicted :rolleyes:

Will there be a fully working EFB and weather radar when its out?

no (at least for the initial release) and no (no need for explanations anymore)

Regards,
Chris Volle

i7700k @ 4,7, 32gb ram, Win10, MSI GTX1070.

Hello,  To whom it may concern, may I suggest that the content of Captain Randazzo Post although related to the 777 also pertains to other aircraft in development after release of the 777, so please bear this mind and as a reminder I suggest you print his Post  and place it in a prominent position thereby reducing the need to post for future release dates. Let common sense prevail.  Richard Welsh.

They told that the plane will be out with all the systems working so I thought that these will be included.

Those aren't systems.

If I made a simulation of a human body and said all of the systems were modeled, I'd be talking about the circulatory, digestive, and nervous systems.

...not the inclusion of an iPad, and night vision goggles.

Kyle Rodgers

EFB has been discussed in other PMDG threads already. For sure it's not included in the initial release.

Wx radar has not been considered to be modelled in a realistic way by PMDG, so they leave it out completely.

They told that the plane will be out with all the systems working so I thought that these will be included.

Those aren't systems.

If I made a simulation of a human body and said all of the systems were modeled, I'd be talking about the circulatory, digestive, and nervous systems.

...not the inclusion of an iPad, and night vision goggles.

Hehe, actually I would prefer the digestive system to be an optitional add-on, a PRO version you might call it, as I am not sure if I am ready for that level of immersion :) :)

23.png

Anyways they are included in the 777, it would be better with them.

So are lavatories, passengers, and a flight attendant call system, though I don't really think they would add too much to the sim.

Both the EFB and the weather radar have been discussed at length, several times.  It's not worth getting into the arguments that follow, all over again.

Kyle Rodgers