Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sesquashtoo

nVidia 320.18 driver gives about a 20 percent boost in FPS....

in XPX, on my system. Two others have already reported a healthy FPS boost with this latest driver as well. This is the first time ever, that I have actually benefited from a newly released driver to boost FPS in a flight sim!

Ses

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I have never updated my drivers on my GTX 680. Only had it about 6 months. Can somebody tell me what the process is for upgrading?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

I have never updated my drivers on my GTX 680. Only had it about 6 months. Can somebody tell me what the process is for upgrading?

just run the new file to overwrite the old

Its not like Ati drivers were you would have to delete the old ones first I take it? Terribly sorry to hijack the thread' but am keen to finally try a new driver set and this one looks like a winner.

There is a procedure I think to save your old card settings for FSX. 

Does any one know it?

I go to the nVidia website and follow the directions on the website.  Do a manual driver search and find you card.  Download from the search results and install per the nVidia instructions.

I do not let Windows automaticly update my drivers.  :smile:

Billy Bluestar

There is a procedure I think to save your old card settings for FSX. 

Does any one know it?

If you are using Inspector just export your current card settings (profile) for FSX to another directory by choosing the export icon on the inspector page.  After your have updated your driver you can then import the profile back into FSX using the import icon.   Hope this helps! 

Airbus

If you are using Inspector just export your current card settings (profile) for FSX to another directory by choosing the export icon on the inspector page.  After your have updated your driver you can then import the profile back into FSX using the import icon.   Hope this helps! 

Airbus

aaah thanks matey to easy

After reading here, I tried the new driver. After 314.x, no improvement with this driver, FPS remained absolutely the same.

If using Nvidia Inspector, did you make sure your "Antialiasing - Behavior Flags" is re-set to "None"? It will set itself to "Treat 'Override any application setting' as 'Application-controlled'" after driver installation.

Very nice! I hope I see some performance increase with FSX as well using these new drivers.

Has anyone tried this driver in FSX and found any improvement in FPS?

I will probably upgrade soon to the new driver, no rush for me really, but I think we would appreciate if an expert could conduct some extensive tests to see if there is a noticeable improvement in FPS.  I sure hope so, but given the age of FSX, and Nvidia's stance that it is not worth optimizing their drivers for such a small niche software base, I kind of doubt it.

Eric, during installation, ensure you do so via the custom option and not automatic. It's mportant to select JUST THE DRIVER and not all the other bollocks, which can have a big negative effect. 

Has anyone tried this driver in FSX and found any improvement in FPS?

I got a 4-7 FPS boost.

Tried it, and reverted it to 314 version. No FPS improvement in FSX DX10 at all. Lots of bugs generally, mouse cursor freezing, catastrophic FPS in NBA2K13 and rthdribl. I saw many threads on various forums with users reporting same issues. Big fail by nVidia. By the way I have GTX 560OC.

I didn't notice any performance change after installing this driver, however similar to the OP, a new driver about 3 months back did give me a slight uptick

Tried it, and reverted it to 314 version. No FPS improvement in FSX DX10 at all. Lots of bugs generally, mouse cursor freezing, catastrophic FPS in NBA2K13 and rthdribl. I saw many threads on various forums with users reporting same issues. Big fail by nVidia. By the way I have GTX 560OC.

+1