Sign in to follow this  
Geofa

Carenado f33/vtail updates

Just announced on facebook-don't see them yet on their site yet though...

Great, just in time to get some money from me!  After a while Jet flying is boring, time for slow and low flying and it looks like the Xplane version is well worth trying for me.  Mind you I am not a r/w pilot but I am always interested to know what it feels like and it sounds like the feel in X-Plane would be the closest to reality.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Carenado has just posted their updated X-Plane V10 64-bit Bonanza V35 and Bonanza F33A at http://www.carenado.com.  This brings the total V10 updates to seven, including:

Mooney M20J

Piper Saratoga PA32R-301 

Piper Archer II PA28-181

Cessna C172N II

Cessna C152II

Beechcraft V35 Bonanza

Beechcraft F33A Bonanza

Get your updates from the vendor from whom you made your original purchase.  If you bought directly from Carendao, go to your "My Account" page and click the download link.  Even though your product list doesn't title the aircraft as V2, the new download will be the most current version.  Your number of downloads should be augmented to allow for the new download.

If you're a new Carenado customer, your new purchase will be the most current model available.

Yep-long time-but looks great...

Just took the V-tail for a quick test flight. Looks and flies great in 64 bit.

Im happy!

Rob

The V-tail will be my next purchase from Carenado. One of the few planes I actually had a little time with.

I've had the V35 for a year.  This update is very welcome.  The sounds have received a major overhaul!  In particular:

- The sounds are stereo.  So if you have track IR and turn your head, the sounds shift around.

-  Stick your head outside the plane and the sounds are so much louder!

-  Startup sounds no longer disjointed.  When you start the ignition, the sound from initial crank to steady running engine is seamless.

-  You get the gyro whine when you start the batteries.  They've also fixed the bug where you had sound with avionics master switch on, but a dead battery bus.

However Gyro whine, door opening/closing, stall sounds and "gear up" alert are eactly the same as those on other Carenado aircraft.  That's a little disappointing.  I think every aircraft should have their own "signature sound"

Stall speeds still aren't as described in the book.  I'm managing 70kts flaps up and 65kts flaps down with 50% fuel on board.  This is quite a deviation from the White arc lower limit of 52kts.

Now if only they would release the Seneca update!!! I'm waiting patiently :lol:

And the Baron 58 ;-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

F33 v2: Plane sits on the ground with a 10 knots crosswind. Starts turning with parking brake off. The ground handling is really annoying. Carenado did a great job but the ground handling of XP needs much work if you want to fly GA planes. Back to Peter's Bus family. B) 

F33 v2: Plane sits on the ground with a 10 knots crosswind. Starts turning with parking brake off. The ground handling is really annoying. Carenado did a great job but the ground handling of XP needs much work if you want to fly GA planes. Back to Peter's Bus family. B) 

Ralf, there is such a simple fix.... Everyone can easily do it, after making backups, of course....

Also, having access to real world data for the aircraft - namely the speeds - or simply looking at the speed arcs in the ASI, will help getting better results.

1) Open the aircraft in Plane Maker, move to Expert - Artificial Stability.

2) Pick the speed at which you want the aircraft to gain the normal tendency to weathervane. This can be a speed near the normal takeoff speed (a bit lower, so that the transition is felt while the aircraft is still on ground, but with it's nose gear getting light...)

3) On the LOW SPEED SYSTEM, central row (heading) set the target deg/sec yaw rate to a value you find as an acceptable yaw rate for that aircraft. Start with 030 (30º/s) if no other number looks better to you..).  On the fraction deflection per degree per second difference enter, for a start, 0.3500 (explanation given when you get the mouse cursor inside the field...). Finally, use the speed you chose above (let's say it was 75 KIAS) and enter it there as 0.075...

What will happen is that your aircraft will be under Artificial Stability Augmentation during the taxi and takeoff phases of your flight, and your rudder inputs will be "added" by that system and adapted to keep the sideslip / ground veering angle you aim at.

Once above that threshold speed, all will return to "normal law" and you will be freed from art stab... 

Beware that the effects will come to play everytime you fly really slow, or approach you stall speed or even get bellow it!

Adjust the target deg/sec yaw rate and the fraction deflection per degree per second difference until you're satisfied ;-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Tested the F33 here. Man, if it wasn't for this constant Roll issue, this aircraft would be amazing for flying, much better than my FSX addons...

Alexis Mefano