Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FBC57

PFPX is coming. Perfect for NGX!

The PFPX home page says it will be available mid to Late August. At last, an end date.

For those that don't know what PFPX is, find out, it's going to be one of the best add-ons for any airliner, but especially the NGX!!!!

Frank Cooper

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

And for everyone who immediately thought "yeah but August of what year?", it does indeed say 2013.  :lol:

The PFPX home page says it will be available mid to Late August. At last, an end date.

For those that don't know what PFPX is, find out, it's going to be one of the best add-ons for any airliner, but especially the NGX!!!!

Frank Cooper

.......Bahahahahahahaha!!!!

Seriously, they should have a warning label on their announcement telling people not to hold their breath. Christmas...August the following year...what's the difference?

Frank Cooper

Yea, they had 4 different "end dates" now.

Great news!  Something else to look forward to, along with the PMDG T7.   It's going to be mindblowing, two complex pieces of study worthy software to wrap our minds around!

What is PFPX?

http://www.flightsimsoft.com/pfpx/

Seriously, they should have a warning label on their announcement telling people not to hold their breath. Christmas...August the following year...what's the difference?

I think that the original date was near Christmas 2011. But what's a year or two or almost three?

I'll believe it when I see it. I would say it is bull excrement right away if it were not for Aerosoft.

And it creates this: www.pfpx.com/Sample.pdf

That looks purely professional, it's just awesome! But I am not quite sure if I should get excited over the announced release date! (once more...)

I think with Aerosoft now behind it as the publisher, I think the August date will more than likely stick now.

It's an incredibly exciting year for Flight Sim!

Ummmm, so much for the paperless office...I hope to download the output to my Ipad rather than kill off a dozen trees per report.

Of course you can put it on your ipad in PDF format for instance. However how are you going to fill in the actual figures for fuel burn off, ATO, etc (A).

Mmmm, another flight planner...

This one really is promising, developer(s) aimed to lift it to a close to professional level software.

Howard, this is not just a flight planner. It's about as good as it gets for simulation. 

And come on guys, cut them some slack. If you have followed the progress you'll see that they had to wait for incorporation of Navigraph and all sorts of needed input.

I don't even know the developer, but from all of the stuff I've seen on it, it is going to be a very usefull program, especially for airline use.

Frank Cooper

Of course you can put it on your ipad in PDF format for instance. However how are you going to fill in the actual figures for fuel burn off, ATO, etc (A).

I think it's possible to make notes at pdf documents with appropriate software (not sure if thats available at iPad?)

I think it's possible to make notes at pdf documents with appropriate software (not sure if thats available at iPad?)

Then that would be a decent solution.

And come on guys, cut them some slack. If you have followed the progress you'll see that they had to wait for incorporation of Navigraph and all sorts of needed input.

Amen.   Quality takes time, and it looks like they are really making sure they are compatible with the full breadth of addons out there.  This is no easy task, the logistics of it all must be a nightmare, and I'd rather wait for them to make sure they get everything correct so that we can have as pleasant an experience as possible.  

I wonder what 'large aircraft database' means.  While I have the NGX, I don't fly it much.

Adobe also allows you to write on pdf documents as well.

I use 3 programs for simming a lot. Firstly, if I have documents or charts or whatever, I usually print screen them, open up photoshop and then adjust the size, etc.

After that, I save them out as pdf documents and then save them to my dropbox.

Open up dropbox on the ipad and Voila!

I also use OzRunways (because I predominantly fly the Australian and New Zealand routes with my NGX) and it has dropbox integration now, so I have a beautiful moving map, all the info and dropbox as well for my charts, etc.

This system, together with PFPX will have me in heaven.......or close enough!

Frank Cooper

I think that the "aircraft database" is the thing that will make or break PFPX.

At launch, mainly Boeing and Airbus aircraft (plus MD11) are catered for. It will then be up to the users to create profiles for other aircrafts.

If NGX profiles are added to Topcat, then NGX pilots will be extremely happy with PFPX+TOPCAT combo. If you happen to fly other aircrafts like Embraers or the new Majestic, then things might not be so rosy.

If you can export winds to the FMC,that would be great.