Sign in to follow this  
captjames

MILVIZ 732 RELEASED!

After  4 hours of constant "above and beyond" support from Jonathan Bleeker, coder on the MilViz 732, I just thought I'd let you know that we've found a way to get keyboard assignments on ALL of the new version of the MV732's SP177 autopilot functions.        

The standard functions were assignable to standard FSX variables anyway, but we've not got LVL CHG, EPR and VS (which is custom) working with key commands too (all using FSUIPC). 

The fact that they work with key commands will mean that they'll work with most hardware   :wink:

.......... but it wasn't a straight forward job!

It involves entering raw hex vales into FSUIPC's <custom_controls> dialogue, and also using a Macro (.mcro) file.     (Both are required to get both the functions themselves working with the key commands, but also the AP button lights and indications).

If anyone else is interested in this, drop me a PM and I'll forward you the instructions.

this is excellent news.   PM sent.  

Allow me to disagree here. As a software developer who sell products, you should know that there are plenty type of customers. Well i belong to the type that don't use the refund policy, although i admit it's good that you use it. Firstly because if i buy it and get disappointed and frustrated with it, i won't give it another try. Secondly because not all have the time to fly every day and check if it's ok or not, if it lives up to the things it promises in a 30 days period. Thirdly because if you buy it the time it gets released, it won't be clear if the company will continue supporting it or not. 

Don't get me wrong, i've read good things about Milviz to a point that i feel you can be trusted as a company, but as i said, there are plenty types of customers out there...

Changes were posted on their FB page yesterday...

Replying from Australia where I'm reading your post, Dave. Excellent work as I was notified of the latest SP Update, etc a week or two ago.

Good for me now.  All I wanted was to outclass John Travolta's 707!  Now perhaps Kelly will be mine!

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I have doubts about that....

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

I'm still unable to get this new update, my system is inexplicably blocking any connections to or from the installer. A shame too, I was really looking forward to using this so much more often.

Disable your anti-virus...

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Disable your anti-virus...

If that is what it takes then the update needs to be configured to be more user friendly.  The universe of software updates that do NOT require such a risky maneuver is so overwhelmingly great that suggestions like this..... <fill in the blank>. 

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

The update is not an update.  It's a brand new installer.   And, if you bought it at all, ever, you MUST have gone through the process at least ONCE.

Besides, it's a well known fact that the F1 wrapper sometimes causes a false positive. 

As well, I have allowed for a not "unfriendly" method of purchase.  No money back guarantee.  It's cheaper too.  See the sales page.

If you want the guarantee, you go through F1.  Sorry but that's the way it is.

As well, if Wendall wants the update, he can contact me via pm with his contact info and I will arrange it for him, once I see his proof of purchase. 

It is really, really worth getting the new installer;   Compared to the previous version with nasty default FSX AP, the aircraft is now "night and day", with the new custom SP177 autopilot (with EPR Hold and FL CH), and the new Config Options (you can now have the FMC with both the SP77 and SP177 versions).

By far the best 732 out there now.

It is really, really worth getting the new installer;   Compared to the previous version with nasty default FSX AP, the aircraft is now "night and day", with the new custom SP177 autopilot (with EPR Hold and FL CH), and the new Config Options (you can now have the FMC with both the SP77 and SP177 versions).

By far the best 732 out there now.

+1 :lol:

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Hey guys...

Do you know how long, usually, does it take to a forum account and support forum access given after contacting road......@milviz.com?

I like the b732 a lot and a already lots of fun flying it! Best flight so far was from El Alto SLLP to Quito SEQU. it's a lot of fun taking off from SLLP and rotating in last 100 metres after rolling for almost 4km! :-D

At Quito, doing the procedure turn into the runway without a modern PFD is also good fun!

The only thing I'd change would be disabling the Z key (fsx default autopilot key) to engage it. I'd like to able to use it only to disengage the autopilot. Dunno if it's possible thou... using fsuipc or something!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

When did you send him the mail?

Hey guys...

Do you know how long, usually, does it take to a forum account and support forum access given after contacting road......@milviz.com?

I would bank on about 3 days;  that's how long it took for mine to be activated, and it seems others have been waiting a few days too.  It's done manually, and you'll eventually receive an email with your confirmed login details and password.   I love MilViz and what they do, but I'm not going to lie; the forum registration process is far from customer centred, and can be frustrating.      I appreciate it is probably done this way to prevent spamming, but still it feels a little like it's the genuine customers who are paying the price, where a system like this is used.