Sign in to follow this  
Ianrivaldosmith

W.O.W!

I built a new system:-

i5 4670K @ 4GHZ

16 GB corsair vengeance

Nvidia ZOTAC GEFORCE 770 GTX 4GB

I installed FSX, REX and FTX ENGLAND.....

WOW!

That's all I can say. Its unreal! Amazing! After all these years, its come together.......! Now I am total awe struck!

Ian

I was awe struck when I built my new rig and it powered up great the first time! :lol:  Congrats!

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Good for you! May you have happy days in the virtual sky ahead of you!

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Now you have to avoid tweaking it to death.

Has bit me more than a few times...

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

Curious you guys...my system is 3 years old and I might need to do an upgrade.

What sort of $$ damage will this do to me for building a new rig.

Bryan

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Are you re-using the case,p/s,fans etc etc....all this factors in. I started from scratch, so that added to the cost. All in all a conservative estimate around $2K in bills.  That's including yokes, pedals etc etc.

7f84x.jpg

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Good to hear, always a very nice sensation trying FSX out on a new rig!

Just upgraded my system too but have been busy overclocking and stability testing so haven't had the chance to install FSX and all addons yet but will do the next coming days and I'm really looking forward to it :-)

Richard Åsberg

I built a new system:- i5 4670K @ 4GHZ 16 GB corsair vengeance Nvidia ZOTAC GEFORCE 770 GTX 4GB I installed FSX, REX and FTX ENGLAND..... WOW! That's all I can say. Its unreal! Amazing! After all these years, its come together.......! Now I am total awe struck! Ian

Please post your FPS result in my FPS comparison thread here in FSX forum. Thanks!

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

I built a new system:- i5 4670K @ 4GHZ 16 GB corsair vengeance Nvidia ZOTAC GEFORCE 770 GTX 4GB I installed FSX, REX and FTX ENGLAND..... WOW! That's all I can say. Its unreal! Amazing! After all these years, its come together.......! Now I am total awe struck! Ian

Enjoy!  I'm continuously awestruck with how much it's improved.  I put my new sys together a few months ago and was so pleased w/ the performance improvement which was substantial.  Installing and learning the PMDG T7 has added a huge new boost in enjoyment as well.  Enjoy!

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

are you guys now running sliders on max?

YES!

Installs new super detailed add-on from XXXXXXXX design team ..... wait ....

NO!

I should also mention, I Purchased the DX10 fixer and I run in DX10. So I've tweaked all I need to as per there guide. It's simply stunning!

I should also mention, I Purchased the DX10 fixer and I run in DX10. So I've tweaked all I need to as per there guide. It's simply stunning!

Can you post a link where can I buy it? I've only found DX10 Shader Fixers V3.2.2 and it's freeware.

Can you post a link where can I buy it? I've only found DX10 Shader Fixers V3.2.2 and it's freeware.

First post on this link: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/421399-dx10-fixer-released/

It is an amazing program and well worth the cost, IMHO. There is also a wealth of information in the DX10 forum. (that's the link I posted)

Lyn

EDIT: Posted the same time as the above post - different link but same end result!