Sign in to follow this  
RafikPokrovskyMD80

FS Labs A320 Dev Update

Hello everyone,

I don't know if you have already seen this, but in my opinion this is the best picture FSL has ever posted. The exterior model looks fantastic and the livery looks amazing with the dirt.  B)

Posted on october 8th 2013 over the FSL-forums. 

("If I'm not allowed to post this image, please remove the post")

AEE320X.jpg

I'd say the A340s will stay around for longer. http://www.aviationweek.com/Article.aspx?id=/article-xml/awx_10_04_2013_p0-624039.xml And while it's not the main focus of this thread, I'd love to have a A340-600 in the sim. :wub: I think X-Plane has that, no?

If FSL finishes their Airbus core structure, they could expand. Don't ask me about the year though. :Peace:

I'd say the A340s will stay around for longer. http://www.aviationweek.com/Article.aspx?id=/article-xml/awx_10_04_2013_p0-624039.xml And while it's not the main focus of this thread, I'd love to have a A340-600 in the sim. :wub: I think X-Plane has that, no?

If FSL finishes their Airbus core structure, they could expand. Don't ask me about the year though. :Peace:

There is one in FSX the Wilco Airbus Vol 2. Replace the external model with Tom Ruth's freeware model, and you have a pretty good aircraft. (Same for the A330's)

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Thanks for the tip, Tom. I actually own the Wilco V2 series but.. nah. I wouldn't install it these days.

As 2013 comes to a close and 2014 is ringing our doorbell, we wanted to show you a very small glimpse of what it's bringing to all as a present... we'll be posting a new album of images of our latest work as soon as we're back in the office after the new year's celebrations are done. Until then, we hope that, above all, you and your loved ones have the most cherished gift of all: Health!

post-13-0-02301400-1388523902.jpg

Source: http://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/5034-wishes-for-the-new-year/

Nah, FSLabs are full of nonsense. I don't even know why these guys bother showing us useless external model pictures, so so many people have made External models of the 320, no one really cares. I wish sometimes these Dev's would just not mention anything until like about 3 weeks before release.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

So the lead developer decided to post a screenshot on his private forum and he's full of nonsense?

Shouldn't you be playing call of duty or something? only useless nonsense I see is in your post...

Rob Prest

I wish sometimes these Dev's would just not mention anything until like about 3 weeks before release.

What harm does releasing some external pics do? Most developers do it all the time.

If you don't like them I would suggest you not to look at them at all or at least not  to post such an useless rant.

I sure prefer seeing any pics, even external compared to not seeing anything at all, like with a certain 757 which is said to be still in development although we haven't seen a single pic in years. 

They have nothing to show us, an external model means nothing in this and age.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Reading not one of your strong points? "we'll be posting a new album of images of our latest work as soon as we're back in the office after the new year's celebrations are done"

What more do you want? They're damned if they do and damned if they don't. At least they're showing some sort of progress. People scream for updates, then scream because it doesn't fit their idea of a suitable update.

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

Ron, I will give you the benefit of the doubt since you may not know who Lefteris Kalamaras is.

The main guy behind this project was the lead dev at PMDG for 8 years, in fact it was his work that got me into PMDG.

FSlabs are not some new kids on the block, frankly they can take as long as they want to develop this addon and get it right before posting more then external shots.

If by 'this day and age' you mean devs pandering to the 'I want it now!' Kids that fill forums across the web, then I am glad fslabs are playing by their own rules.

Rob Prest

If by 'this day and age' you mean devs pandering to the 'I want it now!' Kids that fill forums across the web, then I am glad fslabs are playing by their own rules.

I like this comment because it is the developers that hold back to fix the rivets that keep me flight simming.  I'm glad there are still a few of those left in the business.