Sign in to follow this  
RafikPokrovskyMD80

FS Labs A320 Dev Update

Aerosoft is currently working on the A318/319 buses with fixes and improvements on the base A320 code.  These will be rolled back into the A320 as required.  Much more functionality will be implemented, but it will still be aimed at the entertainment market.  That's not a bad thing - I enjoy the heck out of the extended bus, but will also pick up the FSL bus when it's available.

DJ

These will be rolled back into the A320 as required.

My understanding is that is not true.  These are all new products and carry an upgrade price

Ian R Tyldesley

My understanding is that is not true.  These are all new products and carry an upgrade price

Yeah, charging for a service pack is something I find unacceptable. I'm not [planning on] buying it for that reason.

The A318/319 are new products and will be charged accordingly.  The technology and added features will be rolled back into a service update for the A320 - I made no comment about marketing or pricing.

DJ

I wonder if this will ever see the light of day, 4 years and counting.

Sadly its turning into a joke. I alway thought hold out till this one comes out but it's like flogging a dead horse.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

The A318/319 are new products and will be charged accordingly.  The technology and added features will be rolled back into a service update for the A320 - I made no comment about marketing or pricing.

DJ

The new features will be added to the A320 FOR A PRICE. The update will not be free but it can be combined with the A318/A319 purchase which will make it slightly discounted. I posted a piece below that states that the aircraft you have now will require a pay-for update to get it to the most recent version. I will not purchase the aircraft because of this. See this thread: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/82081-airbus-projects-preview/

It says: Upgrade from Airbus X Extended -> Airbus A320/A321                           12,11€   (14,95€ incl EU VAT when applicable)

Charging for a service pack is something I find unacceptable.

Should you feel the upgrade is not worth you money, you can not purchase it, no problem. However, its not a service pack. Its an expansion pack.

I personally spent quite a lot of time on the IAE Engines just to nail everything down together with my FDE guy and you want that free? The Weather Radar itself has a development lifespan of over 8 months+ now and you also want that free?

I think lets be realistic here. We have already gave improvements on the original extended release by miles, by adding features that we didn't even promise. I think that its reasonable to charge for new features that cost money and time to develop, we are not a charity after all.

PS: Sorry for off topic

Joshua C.

WSSS

coloraerosofta320extdev.png

Should you feel the upgrade is not worth you money, you can not purchase it, no problem. However, its not a service pack. Its an expansion pack.

I personally spent quite a lot of time on the IAE Engines just to nail everything down together with my FDE guy and you want that free? The Weather Radar itself has a development lifespan of over 8 months+ now and you also want that free?

I think lets be realistic here. We have already gave improvements on the original extended release by miles, by adding features that we didn't even promise. I think that its reasonable to charge for new features that cost money and time to develop, we are not a charity after all.

Can you  guys  make it so when i look out the window with my trackir i can see the wings? Just adds to the realism.

I'm going to buy it. Just comes with the hobby. Shoes cost money. I know Aerosoft has already upgraded my AXE a lot, and even made a patch to make it work with P3D. They are releasing two new versions along with more features than the existing ones. I fail to see why people would question the fee.

PMDG does just that....how many varients do they have for the 747 now? 737? 777? Sometimes I don't understand where these issues are.

I wonder if this will ever see the light of day, 4 years and counting.

Sadly its turning into a joke. I alway thought hold out till this one comes out but it's like flogging a dead horse.

It has been a long, long wait, and updates are few and far between. I can't believe I am saying this, but it will likely not be out this year.

Thank you for providing some insight. I was unaware of most of these efforts concerning expansion of many systems, I just thought it would delete bugs and perhaps just add a small bit of function. I can understand how it may not be able to be added to a former version easily.

I think you guys should go over to their Facebook page and have a look as they've actually posted a recent update there.

https://www.facebook.com/flightsimlabs?ref=br_tf

Looks like they've done some work with HiFi similar to PMDG and have incorporated a working weather radar to use with ASN and even provide a screenshot showing it working in all it's glory.

In my humble opinion they've had there time and this has run its course for me...

Had our time? You mean like AirlinerXP and Air Simmer?

We're doing fine - we're quiet because we're busy wrapping up the A320-X. Maybe because most of us at FSL have been developing MSFS products for around twenty years now, we have a different approach: call us old fashioned, but we believe in releasing a complete, tested product. Of course we could flood our forums with updates, screenshots, videos - but you won't get the product any faster. In fact, it derails our development as time then needs to be dedicated to such press releases.

What we're doing with the A320-X hasn't yet been accomplished for FSX. We're actually very proud of what we have accomplished in four years, and we're excited to see this project through to completion.

Andrew Wilson

sig_fslDeveloper.jpg

FSLab's A3XX might be the ** only ** reason making me re-install FSX.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...