Sign in to follow this  
hmsdreadnought

Good bye and thank you for the fish

Just did a clean install of FSX, and for the first time did not install the Level D 767.   Too many other excellent planes on the HD now.  

It had a good run though - there has been a version of this plane on my computer since FS 2000, when the Wilco version came out.

Thanks Level D. It's been fun.

Colin

• Upvote 1

which 767 is better than Level-D if I may ask?

Personally, I think the CS 767 is slightly better in terms of graphics quality and how up-to-date it looks. I don't think anyone can beat LDS 767 systems really, except maybe PMDG.

so basically CS767 > Level-D: Eyecandy, Level-D > CS767: everything else.

Yes Level D still holds up very well. I would welcome however a 2014 version with full systems like some competitors offer.

I fly for BA Virtual who stick very closely to its "real" airline.

757s have been phased out for some time now, and the 767 fleet will follow soon after.

What ever happens with LVLD will soon be irrelevant to me.

which 767 is better than Level-D if I may ask?

None.  So I don't fly the plane any more.  I have two terrific long haul jets in the 777 and MD11 from PMDG (actually like the MD11 better - the fly by wire and trim action in the triple 7 still feel awkward to me) that have better systems and visuals.   

Would have loved to have seen a 757 from Daryl and co...there is not a good one of those either. 

I have the CS 763 and 757, both are FPS hogging junk.

spacer.png

CS may be crap in many ways, but I love my cabin views and CS 757/767 are my favourites.

I bought cs 777 expecting cabin view, only to get this dull idea of loading a/c with cabin view for use during cruise only, wount catch on

Beware what you say, many of us here stand to defend CS, if only for their eye candy.

So watch out.

More cabin views please, PMDG please

I believe I still have the installers for the CLS 767 and A340 (if I got the manufacturers right).  It was at a time, a long time ago, when I hadn't caught on to the sub-par payware that Wilco sold (the E-Jets Series not withstanding).  Maybe I hang on to them as a reminder that not all payware is greatware.  Although, I still have my installer for the PMDG 747...sort of little God I pray too now and then in anticipation of the V2 version, whenever that gets released.  When it does though, I'll be the strange bearded homeless-looking guy in the tent next to the front doors wating patiently. :)

-Jim

• Upvote 1

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

More cabin views please, PMDG please

Yikes NO!

The PMDG 777 is already bad enough on VAS, don't want eye candy preventing me from completing a flight.

People who like eye-candy already have CS, leave the systems guys PMDG.  :mellow:

Ian R Tyldesley

Yikes NO!

The PMDG 777 is already bad enough on VAS, don't want eye candy preventing me from completing a flight.

People who like eye-candy already have CS, leave the systems guys PMDG.  :mellow:

Let's take VAS out of the equation for a moment and concentrate on the real reason we use flight simulator.  For me personally, I was one of those people who enjoyed getting a bird in the air, flying around my house and then nitpicking about how scenery wasn't 100% accurate.  From there, it was a relentless search for better scenery which I found.  THEN I got educated on how flight sim operated.  Upgrades later, I got a stable sim and then I started to read into a lot of what was written in the past, during my "###### scenery" moments, and realized that flight simulation was more than getting a bird off the ground.  I noticed how serious of a hobby it was.  Thousands of bucks later (still cheaper than drugs and not as destructive), I revisited what I had in my arsenal of flight and made the conscious decision to really learn because why not, right?

Lately, it's been all about learning so I'll have to concur that more views inside the aircraft is a waste of resources.  You start in the cockpit, stay there and learn. :)

If it's cabin views you want, buy a ticket, and take the ride.  Maybe you'll enjoy some good food and drink along the way too!

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

I believe I still have the installers for the CLS 767 and A340 (if I got the manufacturers right).  It was at a time, a long time ago, when I hadn't caught on to the sub-par payware that Wilco sold (the E-Jets Series not withstanding).  Maybe I hang on to them as a reminder that not all payware is greatware.  Although, I still have my installer for the PMDG 747...sort of little God I pray too now and then in anticipation of the V2 version, whenever that gets released.  When it does though, I'll be the strange bearded homeless-looking guy in the tent next to the front doors wating patiently. :)

-Jim

I found Wilco's 737 (the original, not that fugly evolution) to be pretty good, and with FS2Crew I kinda like it. Wish FS2Crew could've made something for those E-Jets, which are easily the best of Wilco's offerings. Love my regional birds.

As for the Level D, I still use her and get many many hours of enjoyment from her, with Zinerteks cockpit upgrade for it and FS2Crew, its an absolute dream to fly. No need for the fancy graphics (though now they do look pretty good), just the fun of flying something like that! :BigGrin:

FS2004 Forever

I think the LDS767 is still a great plane (not that I have really flown it lately) but the VC graphics need an upgrade.  I know somebody did this with the PMDG747 (and yes I know it was shutdown due to a EULA issue).  I don't think that applies to LDS767 as we do have a number of users who made VC textures that were modified.  If that were done in HD to todays standard then I think it will be quite acceptable.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I think the LDS767 is still a great plane (not that I have really flown it lately) but the VC graphics need an upgrade.  I know somebody did this with the PMDG747 (and yes I know it was shutdown due to a EULA issue).  I don't think that applies to LDS767 as we do have a number of users who made VC textures that were modified.  If that were done in HD to todays standard then I think it will be quite acceptable.

Add wx radar and zoom! I would probably hanger my PMDG T7 to spend more time on that bird. But I fear Level D has closed shop at least in the PC sim department.  Love the 767 though for it's versatility from short to medium to long haul routes as well as just being a pilots plane to fly. Sure wish there was a really good updated one.

Vic green