Sign in to follow this  
falcon7xx

Radar Contact 4.3 vs Pro ATC X

Don't you need MCE (?) with RC4 to make it voice capable? 

edit -- just reading the RC4 website now -- you can use 'SuperATC' -- http://www.itsyourplane.com/press/2009-12-03.htm

Yes RC4, PFE, and Default ATC require MCE (or SuperATC for RC4) for voice recognition capability. Only VOXATC has it out of the box!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I would shy away from RC4.  The developer clearly stated there will be no future updates, and they are never in the support forums.  Like many FSX addon developers, they only collect money nowadays.

ProATCX may not be the best, but it works AND the developer is always in their forums to help out.  In addition, there is a new version in the pipelines.

Call me crazy but I would rather give my hard earned money to someone who is actually continuing to work on their product. 

PS: Mad dog, why are you repeating yourself and saying things that are not true?  wow

Call me crazy but I would rather give my hard earned money to someone who is actually continuing to work on their product.

PS: Mad dog, why are you repeating yourself and saying things that are not true? wow

What have I said that is not true ?

ProATCX may not be the best, but it works AND the developer is always in their forums to help out. In addition, there is a new version in the pipelines.

Have you even read the ProAtc forum, The Developer has not been heard of for the best part of a year.

The fabled update was due in January, it is now nearly June. good luck with waiting for the update.

Radar contact just works perfectly, has done for years now and the support is first class.

What?   You said PATC is not supported when in fact it is supported!   RC4 is what's no longer supported, or did you miss the message on their forums AND miss the fact that the NEWS on the RC4 website has not been updated since 2007!

Yes I read the PATC forums, the developer himself may not be posting but his teammates are (for example the guy who made the tutorial videos).  Go read the post about the next update currently being tested, I think it is dated last week.  Now tell me how much support you get from the RC4 developers?  ZERO, they posted that they clearly have no intentions of even updating the product.   To me that means they will just sit back and collect money from sales.  Good luck getting any bug fixes or new features like SID/STAR support in RC4

If someone is silly enough to throw cash at a dead product, sobeit.  But don't run around making up false stories about the competition!

PS: If RC4 website news is 7 years old, they can't even update the news so imagine how quickly they update bugs.  I bet they collect the direct deposit fast though.  I love FSX but am getting sick of the 3rd party add-on developers who continue to sell unsupported products.

But don't run around making up false stories about the competition!

If you feel that any statements I have made about ProATC or its Developer are untrue then sue me.

Radar Contact does not need any fixes as it has been stable for years now, plus the developer is still active on the forum.

ProATC does not use anything near correct ATC procedures, Radar Contact uses  the correct phrases depending on what area of the world you are flying in, it is many times more accurate than ProATC.

If you are enjoying ProATC then I am happy for you and really hope you get the legendary update.

For my ATC needs Radar Contact works perfectly, has done since I bought it in 2006, you really ought to try it, it is light years better than ProATc

I refuse to try RC4 simply because the developers have abandoned it, and can't even take the time to update the news on their website since 2007.   That to me is just plain lazy.  I also think RC4 sounds too robotic, very difficult to hear/comprehend something that broken up (again, IMO).  In addition it does not support SID/STAR, which is something I personally want.

I don't really care what other people use, PFE, PATX, RC4, VoxATC or even FSX.  But why make statements that are not true. 

PS: If I were going for accuracy, I would be using VATSIM, not any of these packages except maybe VoxATC.  But I think the voice recognition in VoxATC leaves something to be desired based on what I have seen.

Have you even read the ProAtc forum, The Developer has not been heard of for the best part of a year.

To be fair, there was an official update post in February of this year! Which estimated release 2 to 3 weeks later, which obviously was another missed target date!

http://www.pointsoftware.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12774&sid=30c7bfabcfda7ebc7f0926e7e00356df

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

If you read quite a few of the complaints, you'll see they are from people who are trying to pre-select their SID from their flight planner.  That isn't playing to ProATC's biggest strength and it's also unrealistic: correct me if I'm wrong, in the real world pilots don't know their SID until they get their clearance, which is exactly what ProATC does.  That's even more the case by the time you get to a STAR and the weather has had even more time to change. 

SIDS/STARS are probably the most misunderstood procedures in Flight Simming... and for good reason.  The "problem" is that there is no one-size-fits-all definition of how a SID or STAR is assigned.  Many SIDS (especially in the U.S.) are independent of the runway but are assigned based on the direction of departure (i.e. the most efficient way to get on course).  The same applies to many STARS -- one STAR is assigned if you arrive from the northeast, another for southwest arrivals, etc.  At some airports, SIDS/STARS are assigned based on runway in use and different transitions are used depending on which direction you are departing/arriving.  SID/STAR assignment may indeed change based on weather/winds... if weather shuts down an arrival gate, a STAR to a clear gate (I'm talking about gates in the sky, not gates at the airport) will be assigned (airlines don't like it because it increases the fuel bill... but it beats holding indefinitely or diverting).  Different SIDS/STARS are also assigned based on whether the aircraft is RNAV equipped or just uses traditional radio navigation.  Different procedures are also often assigned for props, turboprops, and jets.

Misconceptions:

* You don't file a SID/STAR in your flightplan.  NOT True - Airlines file for them all the time based on their experience of which procedures are usually assigned for the route of flight (check the filed flightplans on Flightaware if you don't believe me).  Of course, you're not required to file a SID or STAR - but doing so keeps ATC from having to constantly issue amended clearances and it lets pilots pre-plan and plug the procedures into the FMS.

* Flying a STAR eliminates vectors to final.  This may happen occasionally; but the majority of the time, ATC will vector you off the STAR (usually on base or downwind).  It is very hard for ATC to setup a landing sequence without being able to turn the airplane  :rolleyes: .  The same applies to SIDs.  Once any conflicts are resolved, ATC will often take the aircraft off the SID early and get them on course where they want to go.

I've never used ProATC; but if it correctly assigns the correct SID/STAR based on all the different factors at different airports, I'd be impressed (and very surprised).  Personally, I use Radar Contact and file the most applicable SID/STAR in the flightplan -- it's not perfect but it's reasonably realistic.

RC4 is what's no longer supported, or did you miss the message on their forums AND miss the fact that the NEWS on the RC4 website has not been updated since 2007!

Incorrect accusation. RC4 continues to be supported primarily by Ronzie and occasionally by myself. We are both former beta testers and know the product well. As there hasn't been a new version since 2007 there's no need to update the website.

Now tell me how much support you get from the RC4 developers? ZERO, they posted that they clearly have no intentions of even updating the product. To me that means they will just sit back and collect money from sales. Good luck getting any bug fixes or new features like SID/STAR support in RC4

If someone is silly enough to throw cash at a dead product, sobeit. But don't run around making up false stories about the competition!

For someone who has no interest in RC4 it's interesting you watch the forum so frequently to come to that conclusion. If you read John's statement there are personal reasons why v5 work has been suspended. But v4 works very well. The product is certainly not dead.

I have just one comment about Pro-ATCX having experienced it at a friends. He always flies a British Airways B737. The Pro-ATCX controller referred to his aircraft as "British Airways 123". He should of course have used "Speedbird 123". if something as basic as that is wrong how many other glaring errors does it contain?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I don't really care what other people use, PFE, PATX, RC4, VoxATC or even FSX. But why make statements that are not true.

You still have not told me what it is I said that was not true.

To help you here is a short list

The Developer abandoned his previous effort at making an ATC program

The Developer has not been on his own forum for around a year now

The total re coding is because the version still being sold does not work properly

The new version is now five months late

The Program does not use correct ATC procedures

I am starting to think you may actually be Mourad,

To be fair, there was an official update post in February of this year! Which estimated release 2 to 3 weeks later, which obviously was another missed target date!

No, there was no official update from the Developer in February, the statement was made by Alpha117 and followed by another post from Rjord.

Mourad has all but vanished, not a screenshot, list of features or progress report from him.

I refuse to try RC4 simply because the developers have abandoned it, and can't even take the time to update the news on their website since 2007.

Didn't Microsoft abandon FSX? Even so (to quote you),  "To me that means they will just sit back and collect money from sales. "

RC4 on the other hand, DOES have an active forum and a look at it will confirm that folks are getting help as needed. Further development was not "abandoned" but ended for very good reason.

I would like SIDS/STARS also but even without them, I find RC4 a superb program that is literally bug-free.

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

If someone is silly enough to throw cash at a dead product, sobeit. But don't run around making up false stories about the competition!

You are the one who is throwing accusations about the competition. The statement in the RC forums says that there will not be a new version but never said that the current version is not supported anymore. I just asked for a new key two days ago and got it promptly. So, stop spreading lies about the competition.

I own RC, PFE, VOXATC, and PROATCX. And PROATCX is down the list. It lacks AI interaction and it lacks basic features like requesting runway change and requesting vectores to final which both are provided by the default ATC.

P.S. I wish all supports forums were like RC's.

Naif Almazroa

My Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Youmou0205

Incorrect accusation. RC4 continues to be supported primarily by Ronzie and occasionally by myself. We are both former beta testers and know the product well. As there hasn't been a new version since 2007 there's no need to update the website.

For someone who has no interest in RC4 it's interesting you watch the forum so frequently to come to that conclusion. If you read John's statement there are personal reasons why v5 work has been suspended. But v4 works very well. The product is certainly not dead.

I have just one comment about Pro-ATCX having experienced it at a friends. He always flies a British Airways B737. The Pro-ATCX controller referred to his aircraft as "British Airways 123". He should of course have used "Speedbird 123". if something as basic as that is wrong how many other glaring errors does it contain?

By support I mean bug fixes and new features, they are not doing either of those, it is an abandoned product.  It is dead!

I have been a software engineer for almost 30 years (ever hear of Photoshop, that is one app I worked on), if I treated my projects like that my career would have been over a couple decades ago.

No reason to update the website?  How about taking the announcement they posted in the forums and put that in the news?  Oh wait, any customer who reads that (not everyone frequents forums) will likely not buy it.

You still have not told me what it is I said that was not true.

To help you here is a short list

The Developer abandoned his previous effort at making an ATC program

The Developer has not been on his own forum for around a year now

The total re coding is because the version still being sold does not work properly

The new version is now five months late

The Program does not use correct ATC procedures

I am starting to think you may actually be Mourad,

No, there was no official update from the Developer in February, the statement was made by Alpha117 and followed by another post from Rjord.

Mourad has all but vanished, not a screenshot, list of features or progress report from him.

You are a hopeless cause, I have answered you multiple times.

Keep up the lies, I am done with you.

Didn't Microsoft abandon FSX? Even so (to quote you),  "To me that means they will just sit back and collect money from sales. "

RC4 on the other hand, DOES have an active forum and a look at it will confirm that folks are getting help as needed. Further development was not "abandoned" but ended for very good reason.

I would like SIDS/STARS also but even without them, I find RC4 a superb program that is literally bug-free.

Hey brighteyes, I bought FSX when it was released.  Imagine that!?

RC4 is dead