Sign in to follow this  
z06z33

Any updates on 744V2?

Why don't we all start asking questions that have already been answered to annoy lots of people and watch their reactions. That sounds like good fun.

There is no need to make a concerted and organized effort to ask questions that have already been answered.

That already goes on within the PMDG Forums without any effort on your part. Apparently people have never heard of or refuse to use the search function.

Apparently people have never heard of or refuse to use the search function.

Welcome to 2004 and beyond. If people whould read and use ctrl+f in all the manuals I wrote for work then A: the service department of my company was less occupied and B: I got a better feeling out of my job.

But because that is not the case we still help our customers no matter how stupid the question is.

Ive been away a long period from flightsim but boy, has that period changed things around in the flightsim community.

I knew a time that if a question was asked twice the first answere in the post was a friendly remider with a link to the first discussion and the second post was a little thank you note. Topic closed. Even telling the person that the topic has been discussed and he could search for the answere by using the search function was helpfull.

On this forum though there seems to be an urgent need to burn eachother down constantly.

All you forum users who jumped on this guy for asking a question here should be ashamed of yourselves.

Kyle you are not a moderator here,what gives you the right to dictate forum policy to anyone and

if you don't like the what in a post don't  get involved in it.

If you have PMDG employees being rude to forum users it encourages the other forum users to do the same.

when i read the OP i took it as a tongue in cheek post ,not rude or nasty.

steve

I have to say Ryan's response really "surprised" me and not what I would have expected having read just about every post he has placed here and enjoyed immensely PMDG's products.  I think a simple "no" answer to the first post in a 2nd post should have been about as long as this thread needed to go.  I learnt many years ago if a post annoys you, sit back, wait a bit and then think about posting.....and then forget about it all together.

It was the 747-400X which got me back into Flight Sim.  I have Aerowinx's 747-400 Precision Simulators V1.2 and V1.3,  and PMDG's own bound 747-400PS1 User's Guide so I've spent a lot of money on "realistic" 747 sims which sadly don't work now in my win7 environment. Frankly as great as PMDG's 737 and 777 are and I have them both, the Queen is my first true love.  Then again I'm also going to buy PSX.

Kyle is not being employed by PMDG. B)

That depends how you define employed Oliver.

Beta testers are employed to carry out a task, and paid with a free copy of the product.

In addition, as a Just Flight moderator, I'm not employed by Just Flight. However... I do watch my behaviour so as not to reflect badly on the organisation I'm assisting.

Being an employee is different from being contracted temporarily for the specific task of carrying out a beta test. You don't officially represent a company as an external "freelancer".

But I actually agree to your "do watch my behaviour so as not to reflect badly on the organisation I'm assisting" statement:

Every time I'm behaving badly I would insist on not acting on anyone else's behalf, but just my own!     :lol:

You get all sorts of people coming to the forum from kids to mature adults and many of them don't have time to research the topics that the answer has already been given.  Nothing wrong with asking the question again, that is what the forum is all about.   I did have a strong debate with Kyle a while ago and he wasn't helpful at all with his manner and sarcasm.  I am two minded about purchasing anything from PMDG product in the future, as I don't want to be asking questions only to get kicked in the teeth like other members have experienced.   Overall, this Kyle is representing PMDG and is ruining PMDG reputation in the forum,  I am surprised no one from PMDG has sent him a private email saying enough is enough.

Regards

Mo

Mo45

And of course your opinion alone should set what we do here - no one else matters... right.

The 300ER is now the most popular variant of the airplane and a heck of a lot of people are interested in having one.

Whats the point if its not P3D compatible.  I am not buying any more aircraft from you until you switch, why should I pay and have to pay again.  Waste of money.  Ifly do a lovely 737

Whats the point if its not P3D compatible.  I am not buying any more aircraft from you until you switch, why should I pay and have to pay again.  Waste of money.  Ifly do a lovely 737

The point is that it is FSX-compatible.   :P

PMDG have never offered a P3D version to you so far. As soon as one is available, you'll have to make up your mind, whether you want to have a FSX version or a P3D version (or a XP version, of course).

So you will not have to pay and to pay again.     B)

And the point being you totally missed what I said.  I said I am not willing to pay twice.  As they are developing for P3D. 

And the point being you totally missed what I said.  I said I am not willing to pay twice.  As they are developing for P3D. 

The only way someone would have "to pay twice" is to buy a FSX version first, fiddle it into P3D, and to buy a genuine P3D version later.

EDIT: The "only other way" ( :P) is to use several base sims simultaneously - my bad!  

Edited by olli4740

Being an employee is different from being contracted temporarily for the specific task of carrying out a beta test. You don't officially represent a company as an external "freelancer".

As I said, it depends how you define employed.

"To engage the services of; put to work"

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/employed

The definition above applies in this case.

Whether someone can be defined as "officially" representing the company isn't the point in my opinion. What is important is that the individual has a relationship with the company and thus, others will associate that individual with the company in question.

Kyle is not being employed by PMDG.   B)

wasn't aiming that at kyle.

absolutely spot on Mo.this is a forum for people of all ages .we should all be encouraging the younger members to use these forums ,Not scare them away with what amounts to a lesser form of bullying.why should the he be worried about coming here in case he gets jumped on.

steve

Whether someone can be defined as "officially" representing the company isn't the point in my opinion. What is important is that the individual has a relationship with the company and thus, others will associate that individual with the company in question.

So if someone who happens to be employed, however loosely, by Boeing posts on this forum what they say represent Boeing's views? I think member's posts should be taken as their own opinion unless they post explicitly on behalf of a company.

BTW, referring to your earlier post, I don't think accusing anyone of being a troll is at all helpful. It's potentially inflammatory, and in this case very unfair. If anyone is being disruptive it is those who open threads which are clearly covered in pinned topics at the top of the forum. That's bad manners on any forum.

ki9cAAb.jpg