Sign in to follow this  
megatransat

PMDG 777-300ER Release date?

Didn't they just recently announce that they would soon announce an announcement announcing when the announcement of the release date would be?

...but to answer your question, there's something called multi tasking:

Hey Kyle,

Now to get totally off the subject (because heaven knows we need to)...I see you're flying on an Asus ROG!  That happens to be what I fly on too. :smile:

A rather old GS53SW with a  2630QM which is an ancient CPU compared to what's out there now.  I'm ready for an upgrade, but of course there are other priorities in life.

However...just yesterday I installed an SSD...and now I think this old laptop has more mileage in it!  For anyone who's reading this and has not made the move to an SSD...this is without a doubt the single best performance upgrade you can make to an aging machine you're forced to fly with longer than you'd like.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words...

6-15-201411-22-39AM.jpg

I installed it, backed everything up...cloned my existing drive onto the new SSD, done.  Windows boots in seconds now, flightsim loads equally faster, and now the HUGE PMDG paintkit files I paint on load incredibly fast in my paint program!

With all the other tweaks I've learned over the years, flightism is running quite acceptable now.

Hope your ROG has an SSD in it as well. :wink:

Speaking of multitasking...now I can actually paint while I'm flying. :LMAO:

Regards,

Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Didn't they just recently announce that they would soon announce an announcement announcing when the announcement of the release date would be?

Yes, last Sunday they said that this week they would tell us. They've got a few more hours before that promise is broken.

I take it you're not in a good mood Kyle?

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

Tough to be when under constant criticism for speaking truth and common sense.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Finally, someone else that gets it. I don't know what's so difficult to understand about how you don't get everything you want, when you want. These people act as though PMDG is purposely holding the expansion pack back from us. Do you think that PMDG is enjoying being under fire like this because of impatience? I mean, I'm sure tired of waiting but there's NOTHING I can do about it, so I let it go, and pray that they update us as they said they would.

we all admire you Kyle, especially for your great wisdom and life balance. one advice, (i doubt you will take it) leave the forum alone for a week and do a few of those things you mentioned instead. things will be a lot easier here and you will be relaxed and more productive... after all, at the point we are, the SP1 will not be released sooner due to that.

Sure.  Why not?

I didn't know there was an age requirement to be a fan of Guns n' Roses…….

So basically what you should have compared the FS release in question to was G n R's release of Chinese Democracy. The point is, most artists (except of course for Guns n' Roses) do work with deadlines.

I don't recall saying there was one.  My point was more of one on a common sense level.  You know, the basic logic of "if they were popular before you were born, chances are you might not be their biggest fan.  Granted, there are exceptions - I love some Pink Floyd here and there - but ask the average 15 year old about a specific Guns n' Roses album and I'll bet you'll get a blank stare.

And since you keep pressing the issue, you might want to reach out to the likes of Macklemore, the Foo Fighters, The Glitch Mob and the rest of that lot to get cracking and make sure they hit their deadlines.  And then we could get into the whole fact that there exists this concept of independent artists...

Regardless, the analogy was a lot more sound than you're giving credit, and at its very base, it's a lot more sound than the construction argument that the person in question always bandies about.

...Why...

I don't get it...

...to have a second monitor?  What, you think I should be using HDMI or something?

I'm still in a good mood.  There have been a few times that the forum has left me in a sour mood for a while, but it usually doesn't last too long.  In other words, I had a good weekend, and there's still some of it left.  Regardless of the lack of logic shown too often here, I don't plan on letting it change that fact.

...and since Oscar was so amazingly nice to give me permission to leave the forum alone for the next week, I'll have a lot of time on my hands to do more cool, fun stuff!

Kyle Rodgers

nothing wrong with that as long it is done in correct manner, but I have read many replies which weren't

I don't get it...

Gamer's Inside joke. Don't worry 

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png