Sign in to follow this  
Alex Kulak

How close to realism

How close is the NGX to realism. I mean theres the Acars which is so far non functionable, the cockpit door switch doesnt open the door. 

Other than that how close is the NGX?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Other  than the cockpit windows are too large,  missing  rivets  here and there  and  the toilet door  fails to open when requested :P  its very close to the real thing other  than flying the  actual ng itself

You aren't going to get any closer to the real thing other than PMDG.

Yes because an opening cockpit door is much more important than a fully functional HUD....

Yes because an opening cockpit door is much more important than a fully functional HUD....

Maybe not the cockpit door, but a functional toilet door is damn important!

Will they ever fix the sizing of the cockpit windows...

i hope they do there right now working on modeling the wings with scimitar winglets i think.

i hope they do there right now working on modeling the wings with scimitar winglets i think.

I doubt there's anyone working on the NGX SP2 right now. They're trying to roll out the T7 SP1, and they have a team working on the DC6 as far as i know. The earliest we can expect work to start on SP2 is after the T7 SP1 is released.

Not really. 777 Sp1, DC6, P3d Licensing, 747 v2 is the current priority according to Rob.

The smell of the cockpit is totally unrealistic. And I know because once when I boarded a 737-800 I peaked through the open cockpit door. And it was much more kinda coffee-ish....-like..!

Not really. 777 Sp1, DC6, P3d Licensing, 747 v2 is the current priority according to Rob.

Well.. P3D licensing doesn't require a dev team, right? But i do hope they start work on the NGX SP2 before or at least at the same time as the 747v2. I don't want to wait 2-3 years for a weather radar... :Worried:

Well.. P3D licensing doesn't require a dev team, right? But i do hope they start work on the NGX SP2 before or at least at the same time as the 747v2. I don't want to wait 2-3 years for a weather radar... :Worried:

and the atcive acars system that ASN can connect too

Simple, but perfect....

Will they ever fix the sizing of the cockpit windows...

Repeating what PMDG stated many times - the cockpit windows are the way they are because of the HUD. To make the windows any smaller, you would lose the HUD. And NO they cant make 2 versions with and without, that would require the entire cockpit geometry to be redone. Put simply, more people would prefer to keep the HUD than have smaller windows...

and the atcive acars system that ASN can connect too

If bu that you mean the winds uplink that the 777 has, then yes, i think it will most likely be implemented. But keep in mind that ASN isn't connecting to any ACARS. It just puts data in a file that the 777 can read. There are other programs that can do that (PFPX being another example).

Also, please sign your posts with your full name.

I remember reading a manual that said that the cockpit door was non-functional on purpose, and that its something only real world pilots and the cabin crew should know how to operate

All to relevance, I believe we all understand. So much resource, so much time.

Hi,

Lack of beautiful stewardess who bring you a coffee into the cockpit (and maybe..give you their cell-phone number) is the most serious issue...

Ciao

Andrea

Hi,

Lack of beautiful stewardess who bring you a coffee into the cockpit (and maybe..give you their cell-phone number) is the most serious issue...

Ciao

Andrea

Haha brilliant

Overall it's pretty close, but not perfect.  VNAV in particular does not quite behave the same as the real airplane does, but again it's pretty close.  Other little things, such as the tendency of the A/T disconnect light flashing amber while decelerating, I've never seen the actual airplane do that but that probably has more to do with FSX flight dynamics than anything else.

None of this is intended as a complaint or nit-picking.  Overall the accuracy is impressive.

...During single engine approach (fail operational version) real plane has the possibility to re-engade autothrottle ( the APU generator of the affected side (the side with inoperative engine) must be on) and execute a completely automatic (A/T and A/P) autoland (page 208 Boeing 737 FCTM). Our NGX can execute single engine autolands very well but you've to use manual throttle..no chanche to re-engage A/T after an engine failure...

I don't believe that VNAV is not well-modelled: also on the real bird you haven't to trust always in VNAV capacity: during descent i.e. a strong tailwind can create a lot of problem also to the real VNAV...I experience this situation often in a real "Fixed Base Trainer" B738 simulator...sometimes you need to use FL CHG playing with SPD INT knob and speed-brakes..and always you've to think ahead during descent phase veryfing continously your distance to go vs. your altitude (the famous "3" thumb rules i.e. FL300 100 miles etc.)

If I well-remember there is something missing regarding some kinds of RNP approaches: i.e. VNAV BARO approaches (executed in LNAV/VNAV).

It's seems to remember ngx can do i.e. IAN approaches (i.e. VOR approach flown like an ILS in approach mode till minima) but it's missing about some other rnp approaches procedures..(radius to fix vnav baro or some other)..

Ciao

Andrea

Can someone explain to me what they think ACARS is?

I rarely come across a post where it seems people actually comprehend what it is.

the cockpit door switch doesnt open the door.

The only thing that opens the door in the real airplane is someones hand on the knob. 

I rarely come across a post where it seems people actually comprehend what it is.

It's the piece of software VAs use to track pilots, no?

*ducks and runs away from Kyle in a zig-zagging manner*

It's that thing that vastly improves your on-time performance when it's not operational. :)