Sign in to follow this  
SirStiggie

Bored

You probably have a good point, been eyeing the Q400 for a while now.

The Majestic Q400 is a truly fantastic and revolutionary addon but you have to be up for the challenge and willing to do a bit of study; it's got some major flight handling quirks you'll see represented in the sim that ensure it lives up to the Crash 8 name!

However, despite the Q's greatness I still find I spend more time in the J41, there's just something enchanting about it.

I should add both the PMDG J41 and Majestic Q400 have FS2Crew Voice available, there's a steep learning curve associated with it but it really adds realism and immersion. Again, it gives you more to do in flight since you do the checklists and flows properly.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

the biggest contributors to FS boredom are longhaul and automation.

Same here, never understood why some people love long haul. 

Another suggestions I would give is to do group flights, although some of my beta testers frown at me when I suggest to group flight into a default airports at different locations to keep it interesting.

Joshua C.

WSSS

coloraerosofta320extdev.png

I used to be a big fan of the Colin Mcrae Rally series until Codemasters killed that created that ###### called Dirt. Maybe time to give gaming a break altogether. 

They never killed anything. They're working on Dirt 4 at the moment, and they're also removing GFWL from Dirt 3.

Master ALL the rotorcraft missions.  You will not be bored and there will be some surprises.

Codemasters certainly do a good job with the F1 series.

The Majestic Q400 is a truly fantastic and revolutionary addon but you have to be up for the challenge and willing to do a bit of study; it's got some major flight handling quirks you'll see represented in the sim that ensure it lives up to the Crash 8 name!

However, despite the Q's greatness I still find I spend more time in the J41, there's just something enchanting about it.

I should add both the PMDG J41 and Majestic Q400 have FS2Crew Voice available, there's a steep learning curve associated with it but it really adds realism and immersion. Again, it gives you more to do in flight since you do the checklists and flows properly.

Thanks for the info Chris. Sounds like they don"t leave you much time to get bored.

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

So I sat down in front of my PC this afternoon, fired up FSX and stared at the screen wondering what to do.Should I fire up the 777 and fly to Seattle from Kingston? DoneShould I load Orbx PNW and fly around in the RealAir Legacy? Done thatShould I load up the ESDG CX 2.0 and fly around the Caribbean? Done that tooAfter 15 minutes I closed FSX.I've spent a lot of money on FSX add-on's and yet, nothing jumps out at me as something I want to do now. The only thing I'm really looking forward to right now is the MilViz P180 Avant II but that's probably 12 months away.Am I the only person to ever have this problem with summing boredom?

Take up RC flying. I took up RC Helis, believe me, it's not boring. FSX will be a nice diversion from the wreck you just left behind.

This used to happen to me often.. until I got married and had a child. Now I don't have enough flight sim time!

Edit: I was also into Train simulators, as well as RC cars and airplanes. That would keep me occupied when I was bored of fsx.

Give this site a try.  Plenty of interesting things to see.

http://www.simtours.net/

Hook

Yeah, I've been discovering some great places on there to visit! Plus I copy flights on the news, historical flights, flights from Dangerous Flights or Ice Pilots, flights I've been on too. I'm thinking of trying to replicate Amy Johnson's map and compass flight from London to Australia in a Gipsy Moth sometime soon, just thinking about the challenge, the planning and actual flying!!!

the biggest contributors to FS boredom are longhaul and automation.

Tbh when I was really into it I found longhaul LESS boring because of the fewer cycles, hence the the reduced frequency of the fun parts - takeoff/departures and approach/landings. Lh for me has it's own mystique in simming, it's a bigger challenge (with bigger reward) to plan properly depending on route, weather, aircraft etc etc etc. I planned such trips days in advance where applicable. Plus, despite the 'leash' I DID get a lot of other things done (or just slept)

Eventually, it ALL become too much anyway, but we're all different.

Regards,

Mark

http://www.pilotedge.net

...You're welcome  :wink:

+1 and a little website called myflightroute.com.  Select IFR or VFR and then you can choose random routes, TEC routes, etc. to numerous airports.  Get out your charts and be prepared to deal with traffic, real departure/approach procedures, traffic patterns, etc. and talk to real controllers in every airspace.  It keeps you very focused on what you're doing and is as real as flight simming can get imo.

Ryan

Wow, i thought this post would get 3, maybe 4 replies and then disappear into the ether...

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I downloaded and installed the latest update of the Crash 8 last night  and did some circuits. It is definitely interesting when landing. I've also installed the JS41. managed to start it 3 times in a row without blowing up an engine.

Time to figure out the FMS in those birds  B)

Flying activities are relative.  If all you do is fly from point A to B, it doesn't really matter what you fly, it is all the same basic process with minor variations, regardless if it is a 777, Legacy, or Citation.  You plan your trip, take off, turn on the AP, watch the magenta line or HSI for a while, then land.  Ultimately it is all the same. 

There is a lot more to flying than just going from A to B.   Riding thermals and ridges in a glider, aerobatics in a sport plane, sight seeing, mastering a real thoroughbred of an airplane like a warbird, air racing, combat, learning to fly a chopper...etc.  Do things in airplanes that are considered 'fun' in real life.  People don't go to airshows to watch tubes and GAs takeoff and land all day, they go to airshows to watch planes do exciting stuff.  Why not try some that exciting stuff in FS?

I guess a "simmer" is a "simmer".   I know "simmers", and you don't sound like a "simmer" to me.

Stan

I was in the same boat for boredom, so I went to Arma3. Arma3, multiplayer,king of the hill, its the best, other than flying.

I was in the same boat for boredom, so I went to Arma3. Arma3, multiplayer,king of the hill, its the best, other than flying.

I bought Arma 3 on the summer sale and so far, I have no idea what I'm doing. I just walk around and drive a car. Hehe.