Sign in to follow this  
757 Fanatic

How can I report those who download torrents?

Bet the music industry would disagree with you there.

That's not true!! They like you to download their music, they even upload their music to youtube, that's how they become popular, they will make money from concerts!!! If your not popular you have no concerts so, no money!!!

Regards, Albert Miu
                                                            CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.6Ghz GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 8GB OC Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VI Hero RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 1866mhz 
                                               PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G2 Case: Corsair VENGEANCE C70 Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H110 Monitor: BENQ 1920x1080 Windows: 10 x64 Professional

X-Plane 11 Group:     Facebook

That's not true!! They like you to download their music, they even upload their music to youtube, that's how they become popular, they will make money from concerts!!! If your not popular you have no concerts so, no money!!!

That's only true now because of modern digital media and piracy. The industry caved. They had no choice.

Musicians used to sell things called records to make money.

Then how come  film companies do not upload their movies on youtube? If we follow the same logic... (Some do it, but not most)

Then how come  film companies do not upload their movies on youtube? If we follow the same logic... (Some do it, but not most)

Because usually you will listen a song more than once while most of the time movie is something you watch only once, at least within short period of time. 

So if they uploaded movies to youtube people would watch them there and after that there would be no need to actually buy the movie. 

Hi 757,

If you suspect a law is being broken call your local law enforcement agency for advice on how to proceed.  

By posting your concerns in various forums my suspicion is that you are either envious of these "people" or have an ax to grind rather than have concern for the betterment of the hobby.

If my suspicions are ill founded please post as to what action you do take.  I hope you're prepared to confront those you are accusing.

Jim F. 

At least with the movie industry, studies have shown that those who download movies from the internet illegally are also likely to buy more DVDs/BluRays and go to the movies more often.

In other words- those who steal from you might be your best customers at the same time. 

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "Hangar Chat". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

I was surprised that NL2000 developers after years of work decided to post their Amsterdam EHAM Airport and scenery on Torrents. That in itself is a recognition of Torrents

C:|mydocuments\mypictures\my signature.htm

Wow... the attitudes in this thread... pretty much paints the condition of humanity as a whole.

It's pathetic.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

NL2000 is huge. Using torrents in this case makes a ton of sense. It spreads the load off their servers.

There is nothing inherently illegal about torrents...

I was surprised that NL2000 developers after years of work decided to post their Amsterdam EHAM Airport and scenery on Torrents. That in itself is a recognition of Torrents

If you would like to stop those bad individuals you could call them and tell them that you will now personally pay for any and all of their payware addons. That way everyone wins, you stopped all the bad pirates and they get their free payware. Also you should offer to pay for any of their future hardware updates and also buy a sweater for their grandmothers. 

I just heard of someone getting busted for pirating a 777. I don't think it's entirely out of the realm of possibility that nothing can't be done. Let em rot I paid for mine so you will get no sympathy here...

My "solution" for proven pirates and other such scum-of-the-earth types would undoubtedly have me quickly labeled as a sociopath by many... :LMAO:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

That's only true now because of modern digital media and piracy. The industry caved. They had no choice.

Musicians used to sell things called records to make money.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You actually think musicians make money from record sales? Maybe in a pie in the sky world where their contracts aren't rip offs that entitle the record companies to absurd shares of their album revenues.

Why do you think record companies are the ones who are most angry about digital piracy of music while the artists are far more likely to upload their music free to the internet? I'll tel you why, because most bands make their money from touring, not from record sales, unless they're one of those mega super stars that sell millions of singles every year or the lucky/smart few with a contract that allows them to actually control their music better.

I shed no tears for record companies because they're already stealing from the artists. If you want to support a musician the best thing you can do is buy a ticket to his show. He'll get more money directly from a $50 ticket than from buying every album he's ever released.

As for the topic at hand, I seriously doubt that most people who pirate software would end up buying it if it weren't available. Most of the biggest and most loyal simming customers are old guys looking at or in the midst of retirement with huge swaths of disposable income (bless them). I mean really, how many kids haunting TPB are going to drop thousands of dollars on ORBX and PMDG and UK2000?

Thing is piracy has existed for about as long as the payware add on industry for flight simming has. It hasn't stopped it yet and any attempt to say that its responsible for damaging sales is probably misleading since there's no way to prove it anyway. Best way to look at piracy is to consider it waste. Every business and industry has some measure of waste, but in the case of digital distribution piracy is actually a really good thing!

Now bear with me, I did just call piracy good, but in a unique way. When someone steals a loaf of bread thats a finite amount of resources and labour you've lost for no gain. When someone pirates software its not like you've lost anything because that labour is infinitely reproducible digitally so its more like digital piracy just doesn't pay you. Actual theft in real life costs businesses raw material. Its a fine point but worth noting. At least with FSX payware being pirated the developers aren't actually out of pocket on every single copy that isn't paid for because there are no raw materials lost. So, lets call that a mitigating factor in the consideration of waste.