Sign in to follow this  
757 Fanatic

How can I report those who download torrents?

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You actually think musicians make money from record sales? 

No, I don't. Read my post. The one you quoted. Yes that one.

Do you make a habit of trolling members' previous posts after they politely disagree with you?

:huh:

No, I don't. Read my post. The one you quoted. Yes that one.

Do you make a habit of trolling members' previous posts after they politely disagree with you?

:huh:

No its pure coincidence. Not entirely unlikely when two people are posting regularly on the same forum at the same time, probably checking threads via the same list of recent posts.

I believe you missed entirely what I said, namely that at no point in time did most musicians make the bulk of their money from record sales, before or after digital piracy.

One thing I cannot fathom, reading the OP, is how would one know someone is a pirate unless you are within the pirate fraternity.

What I mean is, unless my neighbor told me he was into pirating software, I would never know.

For one, I would not know were to find one even, unless i went looking on pirate sites. If the OP knows the ip address of the pirates, how does or did get that information ? And why is he going to all that trouble.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Do I send an email to the company whose product they are illegally downloading?

That's the way to do it.  Let the company in question decide how to proceed.  Start off by letting them know you have this information and asking what they want you to do.

I don't know the current situation, but in the past I've heard of companies offering rewards for successful prosecution.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

757, your posting sounds somewhat sad.. 

This really sounds like a 'teacher's pet', as in who can I tittle-tale to?

Yes, piracy is bad. Can we eradicate it? ... Of course not.

A lot if companies distribute their wares via torrents. 

Maybe, as suggested, contact those you say you have the contact details of, tell them of your concerns, and then post their comments, if you are really worried.

Methinks a better idea would be to apply yourself to enjoying & learning to fly.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

There's really no point in attempting to stop piracy - for one thing, it's technically impossible (all you could do is to delay some torrent sites, but they're going to pop up again anyway) and, more importantly, the payware developers don't seem to be terribly affected by piracy in the first place.

As far as I can see, the flight sim industry (i.e. payware developers) is thriving, with new products appearing ever more often and with, in general, increasing quality. So, in the end, it seems that despite piracy the developers are making good business and we who are honest customers are enjoying the benefits.

On another note, I think many publishers need to learn an important lesson: To provide a demo version of their products so users can test whether it works on their particular system. I have no doubt that this would keep many from simply pirating a product. Some publishers already offer time-limited demos, which is a great way for people to see if the product is worth purchasing. I hope more will adopt this practice in the future.

Definitely agree there. 

I bought more FSDT and Flightbeam products because I was able to "try and fly". 

I was surprised that NL2000 developers after years of work decided to post their Amsterdam EHAM Airport and scenery on Torrents. That in itself is a recognition of Torrents

The Linux OS is also hosted on torrents.Nothing evil there ; :girl_devil:

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Torrents are not evil or bad.  They have just gotten a bad rap being associated with shady groups.

I'd rather download large files via a torrent than a server any day as the speed is usually 3x faster and can easily resume if disconnected.

Some people see a torrent application on the desktop and think you must be pirating software.  I think I remember Froogle uses a torrent for something and somebody asks on his facebook page why he has a torrent downloader;  I say mind your own business.

Concerning the music industry I wonder what todays generation would think of us that grew in the late 70's and early 80's.  My Sunday morning I would record my favorite music on my hifi stereo with a built in tape recorder listening to Casey Casem top 40 countdown.  I guess I was a pirate back when I was 12 oops.

Sean Green

Just don't worry too much about what is piracy and what not. Life is short and should be enjoyed both flying in FS and of course our outside real life. If you want to pay, then pay, if you want to pirate, then pirate... We honestly don't care and it seems the community has gotten more lax about it as there's obviously nothing that can be done.

About huge music retailers they're just screwing people over, even non pirates. I had some really important files of a relative who is now dead and I lost it due to disk crash, and the fact megaupload was shut down by the ****** fbi sticking their nose in everything. Yes, illegals use it, but also legals. Same with torrents. I also know people from Spain who make a living selling pirate media on the beach to the tourists due to the economic downturn, and do I care? No. I'm not a pirate but the anti piracy organizations have targeted me badly due to megaupload fbi case.

Hello 757 Fanatic,

im not that kind of religious bible true kinda guy but there is one sentence in the bible which brings this subject to the point "Let He Who Is Without Sin Cast The First Rock!" My question to you, are you 100% without any kind of sin? You never drove to fast, you never lied, you never had unrighteous thoughts, you never felt rage etc... even then i wouldnt believe you. Who gives you the right to judge other people?

Piracy is bad no matter what. The developers suffer from that some of them vanished due to piracy. That is too sad. Just for myself i dont like people trying to be the judge of the planet and think they are better than other.

I suggest go and post the names and IP addresses on every forum you can find. Maybe justice will find its way but dont cry if somebody will sue you for steeling their private data.

FS Piracy is killing future development. I am a happy customer of a lot of FS stuff and so i will continue !!! But i am not a saint i am just human.

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

Life is short and should be enjoyed both flying in FS and of course our outside real life. If you want to pay, then pay, if you want to pirate, then pirate...

Would you be so care free if it was your property that was being stolen?

Musicians used to sell things called records to make money.

The recording companies sell records/tapes/cd's to make money. The musicians tour to make money. The recording industry has been ripping off artists for decades. That's why some artists are now doing their own recording /marketing and distribution of their music. They control the entire process.

NAX669.png

Hello 757 Fanatic,

im not that kind of religious bible true kinda guy but there is one sentence in the bible which brings this subject to the point "Let He Who Is Without Sin Cast The First Rock!" My question to you, are you 100% without any kind of sin? You never drove to fast, you never lied, you never had unrighteous thoughts, you never felt rage etc... even then i wouldnt believe you. Who gives you the right to judge other people?

So what you're saying is that virtually no-one has the right to accuse anyone of anything ever? Does that mean I can start downloading software to my hearts content? Because I can't think of anyone who has the right to judge me over it. But why stop there? I'd like a new car...

FS Piracy is killing future development.

No it isn't. Piracy has been around for as long as there's been home computers. It didn't kill anyone 30 years ago and it won't kill anyone now. That's not saying it's good of course, just that it isn't as big a problem as some people want to make you think it is.

If you want to pay, then pay, if you want to pirate, then pirate...

If you want to rob someone, just do it... Right?

Rolf Lindbom

wHDDh6t.jpg

Would you be so care free if it was your property that was being stolen?

Copying isn`t stealing.

Stealing is taking what is irreplaceable.

Copying isn`t stealing.

Stealing is taking what is irreplaceable.

Call it deprivation of income then. Still not something you want happening to you.

Rolf Lindbom

wHDDh6t.jpg

We honestly don't care and it seems the community has gotten more lax about it as there's obviously nothing that can be done.

It is not lax here at AVSIM and we do not condone known pirates in our community. When we discover someone is a pirate, he/she is banned permanently. We have a lot of members who come here for support for their pirated product and eventually admit they are using "cracked" software. Some report crashes or issues with a product that was purposely placed in the product by the developer to help identify pirates. IMHO, individuals who download pirated software are nothing but shoplifters and shoplifters are not welcomed in our community whether you think the community has gotten more lax or not. You indicated that 95% of everyone in Russia downloads pirated software. Respectfully, I hope you are not one of the 95% in Russia who is a shoplifter!

Everyone reading this topic needs to read the AVSIM Terms of Service again and fully understand our policies in regards to pirating.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10