Sign in to follow this  
peppy197

PRO-ATC/X version 1.4 is out

Pilot2ATC does that

Yep agree ,and it quite easily  installed no need to install new airacs  etc and runs first time anyway it  did with me  no issues at all

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Yep agree ,and it quite easily  installed no need to install new airacs  etc and runs first time anyway it  did with me  no issues at all

It's good that you have found a choice that suits your type of flying.

In order to support SIDs/STARs and many other features, airac import is required. Just like you B737, A310, MD11, will not give you full automation/features if you do not have the navdata in the computer.

In order to support SIDs/STARs and many other features, airac import is required. Just like you B737, A310, MD11, will not give you full automation/features if you do not have the navdata in the computer.

True but I read than you need to buy the latest  version from navadata or  where ever to run pro atc  where as in pilot2 atc you don't need to it works on what you have installed

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Before it had a really hard time differentiating between North American STARs and European and other STARs. There is a different way its approached and the program could not distinguish this. Some things are just needing human interaction.  

If it did get it right on the rare occasion, then the vectoring to final was often messed up and unrealistic. Had plenty potential but lots of issues before. Would be great to see this actually be useable. 

The STAR handling has been improved, but it also worked in the past. Just make sure, that you "file in your flight plan" as you would in Vatsim/IVAO for example:

When flying in Europe, do not include the SID/STAR in your flight plan as SIDs/STARs are bound to specific runway (or at least runways with same heading).

When flying in the US, make sure, that the correct SID/STAR and transitions are selected in the flight plan window. This is because in the US you include the SID/STAR in your flight plan.

---

About the vectoring, I tend to agree on that being true in the previous version. This is why v1.4 now has support for approach transitions. 

True but I read than you need to buy the latest  version from navadata or  where ever to run pro atc  where as in pilot2 atc you don't need to it works on what you have installed

That is not true. ProATC does comes with navdata/airac pre-installed just like any aircraft you would buy.

For best result, you will want to keep you aircaft and ATC working on an the same version of the navdata. If both the aircraft and ATC both have (lets say) cycle 1210 installed, then you are all set, no need to purchase navdata.

For the most realism, you would want to have the latest navdata both in your ATC program and your aircraft. Otherwise your plates/charts will not be in sync with your navdata.

Ok need to add "dcts" 

KLAS DCT BFF DCT RWF DCT SSM DCT VBS DCT YYY DCT ALLRY DCT 5150N DCT 5240N DCT 5330N DCT 5320N DCT MALOT DCT GISTI DCT NORLA UM140 MERLY UL149 DIDEL UN514 GIBSO EGKK

that works.

Yes you are correct, for the best results, you should have DCTs between waypoints not connected by airways. Good to know that the issue was resolved!

The STAR handling has been improved, but it also worked in the past. Just make sure, that you "file in your flight plan" as you would in Vatsim/IVAO for example:

That did not work. Im referring to the transition points. The option never came up correctly to pick the correct entry with the right STAR. It would skip way ahead into it and expect you to join somewhere in the middle skipping a whole bunch of waypoints all because of the entry transition.  Its a big reason why I stopped using it as there was no point if it couldnt get that right. 

In Europe the STARS are more encompassing and individualized per runway approach whereas in NA there is multiple transition entries to the same STAR, obviously only where needed. 

The whole idea of it all is to get a traffic pattern going according to the winds, and hopefully it somehow be coordinated properly with AI.  

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

The  1.4 version seems to be working more or less. I do not seem to get vectors to the runway tho. Once I'm on a downwind leg  atc just tells me to  basically line up and land.  if i declare a missed approach I 'm told to  climb to say 5000 ft and basically line up and land all on my own.Radar contact does  line me up with the runway btw

That did not work. Im referring to the transition points. The option never came up correctly to pick the correct entry with the right STAR.

It should have worked, but I think it was confusing in the previous versions. In v1.4 all the STAR transition waypoints are now included in the ProATC waypoint list (with altitude limits) in order to better indicate how you are expected to fly the SID/STAR transitions.

FWIW During beta, I imported US routes from FlightAware (including SIDs and STARs) and ProATC now also selects the STAR indicated in the flight plan. You still have to choose the transition manually (because FlightAware doesn't use the STAR.TRANSITION notation and even if it would, it isn't supported by ProATC).

One last small note. During beta we discovered problems in the Navdata. To give you an example. BULLZ6 with MYRRS transition at KORD. The navdata from navigraph doesn't list waypoint MYRRS in the transition waypoints. This is why ProATC doesn't know how to connect your route from MYRRS to BULLZ6 STAR. I have a ticket pending on the subject with Navigraph. In the PMDG dataset, the transitions are complete, but not in the ProACT dataset. (A good thing we had this discussion, I forgot to cross check Aerosoft's data)

The  1.4 version seems to be working more or less. I do not seem to get vectors to the runway tho.

Thank you for the report. Info on the route and airport with log included would be greatly appreciated. Preferably on the official forum so one of us from the beta team can have a look at it.

I shall be trying it out today, ill stream a EGKK-LEPA-EGKK from 1115z to 1730z today 

http://www.twitch.tv/tebbsie

Great! I hope you will store the flights as I won't be able to join in live tonight :)

It's still the same issue people were having last year. See here  http://www.fsatc.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4268

Are you referring to the EGFF approach? In case you are, then no vectors are needed/expected (at least on my flights). After passing over the airport, you are expected to execute the procedure turn on your own.

More info would still be helpful, as vectoring is a hard thing to master especially at airports that are surrounded by high terrain.

Are you referring to the EGFF approach? I

No, I'm referring to most  airports. ATC does not line you up with the runway.If you  are expecting/on vectors atc just tells you to intecept the ILS and then you're on your own. no vectors whatsoever. Same happened, as I mentioned before ,in case of missed approach.

No, I'm referring to most  airports

I have flown to many airports and I'm still trying to get my head around to what the problem is.

For me ProATC doesn't say "intercept ILS". For me it says "cleared for ILS approach". That means it's up to me to navigate laterally and vertically to the approach path.

Again more info would be most appreciated. Origin and destination airport. Filed route. Filed altitude, ProATC aircraft config used and the aircraft used for the flight.

Alternatively a log file would work as it would contain all of this data and also what happened before the missing vectoring.

I'm not saying that there isn't a bug, I'm just trying to find a repeatable test flight so to problem can be fixed.

Thanks!

Glad to see a new update for this software: which are the new features for this release?

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

Can I get weather from ASN in ProATCX?

I was told I was cleared to BGR fifteen times in a row, until I finally cleared BGR then the next waypoiint was repeated ad nasuem

Can I get weather from ASN in ProATCX?

Yes you can. The settings are under Options > Folders. I think there should be a mention in the manual.

I was told I was cleared to BGR fifteen times in a row

Please report on the official forum. Log file is greatly appreciated.

Glad to see a new update for this software: which are the new features for this release?

The complete list is in the manual, which is included in the update. From the top of my head:

- Long list of bug fixes/enhancements

- ATC now talks to AI aircraft

- Holdings now supported. For absolute realism, the holding info can be entered by the user (as this data isn't available in the Navdata).

- Ability to request different departure/arrival/approach/runway.

- Automatic gate assignment (any conflicting AI aircraft will be removed)

The list was about a page long, but those were the main points for me. Especially the first item: bug fixes.