Sign in to follow this  

Solution to P3D v2.4 and v2.3 vertical cloud issue

Keep an eye out on LM forums today.  ;)

Cheers, Rob.

Rob: Keep an eye out on LM forums today.  ;)

If this is some sort of announcement of 2.5 I will punch someone in the face (*figuratively, of course), considering what I just spent the morning reinstalling today.

(I say that with a smile on my face, by the way - progress is always good)

Rob: Keep an eye out on LM forums today.  ;)

If this is some sort of announcement of 2.5 I will punch someone in the face (*figuratively, of course), considering what I just spent the morning reinstalling today.

Hmm.

It would be horrid if 2.5 was announced that soon. 2.4 was a very insignificant update, and for the next one they really should take their time.

It would be horrid if 2.5 was announced that soon. 2.4 was a very insignificant update, and for the next one they really should take their time.

I wouldn't over think Robs statement :)

Rich Sennett

LM fixed an issue with the coloring of clouds (oversaturated looks) from v2.3 to v2.4.  As it turns out, a lot of people preferred this look and thought that the fix implemented in v2.4 was actually a bug!

Looks like in addition to the vertical cloud issues, they are also adding back in at least some of that coloring.

Breathing a small sigh of relief that my morning efforts were not for naught. :)

Let. The. Weekend. Begin.

Installed the new cloud.fx and did a short dusk flight. Beautiful color in the clouds and no spinning, no "running away" as you approach them and nothing vertical. Great job!

Lyn

Installed the new cloud.fx and did a short dusk flight. Beautiful color in the clouds and no spinning, no "running away" as you approach them and nothing vertical. Great job!

Lyn

Same here - Looks great, no spinning, great colors and contrast !!!

Excellent work by the LM crew. Thanks Rob, for keeping us Prepar3D.

Cheers, Craig

You guys crack me up.

Super duper Rob - thanks for the video also

Rich Sennett

Keep an eye out on LM forums today.  ;)

Cheers, Rob.

Thanks again Rob for your effort and your work you put into the sim.

Merry xmas

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

Rob,

Nice, the immersion is perfect. Or maybe it's because I just spent a few hours installing FSX SE and all my add-ons.

There's really still no comparison, even with FSX SE in DX10 mode with the DX10Fixer.

It's getting there, LM still busy working on it (although I wouldn't expect anything until next year).

I was a little worried the new Cloud.fx would bring my setup (3840 x 2160) to it's knees, but it didn't - all good on the FPS front ... I've just spent the past 4 hours programming more of my GoFlight gear for the CS 777 ... sitting on the runway with a thunderstorm and when it shifted over to night I got distracted from searching for Lvar/triggers and just gazed out the VC window and was amazed at how good it looked with thunder dancing around me on a moonlight night.

Back to GoFlight programming ... man this CS 777 has a lot of functional buttons and knobs and dials and switch ... seems almost endless.  Imagine when the PMDG 777 hits P3D ... probably even more functional knobs, buttons, switches ... hmmmm, what's the OS limit again ... 255 USB devices :)

Cheers, Rob.