Sign in to follow this  
TornadoA319

Favourite Carenado Aircraft

I've noticed a massive sale on at carenado around 80% off for fs2004 products! I'm definately going to pick some of their stuff up. I was just wondering, what are your favourite carenado aircraft? I have the C337 skymaster and I love it! Thanks

The 337 that you already have is still my hands-down favorite Carenado, but with an aftermarket soundset (Arezone) on the Malibu Mirage, it's gradually become my second favorite Carenado plane.  Third is probably the 210, but the 210 does require a few tweaks to tame a couple of issues.

Scott

I'll cast my votes for both the Stationair (C-206) and the Skylane (C-182Q). Both of them fly just like their RW counterparts; docile and predictable..

With the 'Mega' Sale, I'm leaning towards one of the Bonanzas. Any recommendations regarding which one? I have Mike Stone's V25, and was thinking about the F33, but I dunno...

:unsure:

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

The V35 was developed back in 2003 - so it is a very old model. Quite frankly, in my opinion, it is not worth it to buy at any price and should have been freeware ages ago. However, if you really want it, $4 really is a pretty decent price if you're going to pay for it.

The F33 is the first of their second-wave FS9 models and is a conversion from an FSX model. As such, it makes use of the unlimited polygon export techniques and may possibly cause low FPS on your machine - however, this is not likely as the model is not insanely detailed. The extra polys are used here to make curves smoother and to model small switches and such, not to add wrinkles to the seat-fabric, like they are in some of the later models... so you should have no problem if you've never had a problem with any other Carenado release. The F33 is a beautiful flyer and I love it... so poly count issues aside, I'd say go for it.

I have the Bonanza V35 because I wanted the V-tail. It's a good plane but old. My only gripe with it is that the panel and VC are pretty dated. I really wish they would do an update on that as some of the instruments are not that clear. Still, fun to fly and you can't got wrong at the price. The new F33 is fun as well and a much better cockpit. My only gripe is that for some reason Carenado ties the night time panel lighting to the landing lights.It's a little bit harder on frames but not much.

Myself, I have the 337, F33 (new one), Caravan (frame hog), Mooney, 182Q, 206,and Cherokee. I've been wanting the RG for a while so I think I'll get that one and  also the Seneca looks pretty nice.

Seneca or Baron? I'm still deciding.

ematheson... if the F33 is like the Skymaster, I'll probably have some framerate issues with it as well... I'm not running a multi-core CPU equipped rig.

Sad to hear about the V35, too.

:(

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

Keep in mind I use FSX.

C182Q - Great with FDE mod though the gauges are old.

C337 - Great. I don't fly it much these days but I'll be back.

C208 - flew it once and hangared it.

B200 - flew it twice...refund...too much not functional.

PA46T - flew it 10 times or so then hangared it due to CTDs.

PA49-350P - hundreds of flights...not hangared.

C206 - bored me...refund.

C210 - still fly it, though, not as often. Nice FDE after fix to config, nice avionics package.

A36 - fly it sometimes...no nav2 DME...one flaw in FDE. Nice airplane otherwise.

PC12 - sitting in hangar...has some issues...not inspired by it...maybe someday.

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Guys,

I'm thinking about the T-34B and the C152. But as there's also a sale action for the Flight1 C152 at the German Aerosoft shop - which one is better?

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

I'm thinking about the T-34B and the C152.

Harald, the C152 is a fine model but for some reason I didn't warm to her. I still fly the freeware French version. The Aerosoft version looks nice though!

Hm, looks as I will prefer Dreamfleet once again over Carenado for the C 152...

However (to stay on topic), I love the Carenado C 185.

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

I'm loving the C208 after a few little fixes.

Jon, would you mind sending me your modifications? I love the visual model but fly the C208 rarely because performance is off and I find it a little challening. Also I lack the skills to modify the plane myself!

Cheers,
Sascha