Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

REX SOFT CLOUDS SP1 still NOGO

Ok, give me just the bmp (s) back!!! :smile:

I really liked SC sans the UI, I don't mind moving them manually

Works great, it's you end with the problem.

Don't make sweeping statements.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

And I'm not alone by far, check out their SC support section if you are a legitimate user. 

I will if I deem necessary.

Ok, I got it, that was my late night outcry tinkering with SC installation. Honestly I really liked the files that I could use manually before SP1. And now after SP1 I don't even have any bmps under the main folder at all. it's not me, it's something with the installer, we all have different systems. Something tells me a new installer is on the way, hopefully.

Yay! Tinkering further with the installer I finally found a way to install it! It's still a little convoluted but whatever works. After downloading the initial files last time I did not accept the installation routine. Instead I just closed the downloader/installer and went to the location where the *.msi and setup.exe were downloaded to. So I ran setup.exe manually and it installed OK this time. All works now, including that DXT checkbox (pre-sp1 problem). Again, I really like these soft clouds.

Can I ask the mods to change the header to "REX SOFT CLOUDS SP1 installation RESOLVED"?

Thanks,

Dirk.

I can't get SC to work, either, but I suspect it is on my end.  UAC issues I suspect.  Watching NFL,  when that is done,  I will contact support.  

First things first, LOL!!!

I have spent the past ten minutes trying to log into the REX forum, with no success thus far.  I signed up, and then clicked the link in my email inbox, which automatically signed me into the REX forum, or so it seemed.

I could see my user name at the top of the REX forum page, indicating that I was logged in, but then when I tried to submit my order details under the product verification topic, the system logged me out, and would not allow me to log in despite multiple attempts.  Returning to my email, and clicking the verification link there, I was informed that my user name had been verified, indicating that this step did not have to be repeated.

Returning back to the REX forum, I again found that it as impossible to log in, which leaves me with no choice but to pose my question about REX Sift Clouds here, for the attention of Reed Stough, of the REX Company.

Despite what seemed to be a normal error-free download and activation process for my copy of REX Soft Clouds purchased a couple of days ago from Sim Market, I am still unsure as to whether this product is active within my FSX, since I don't really notice the sort of dramatic improvement in the appearance of clouds that has been described by other users of this product.

Compounding my predicament with REX Soft Clouds, I have also been unable thus far to access the opening menu, by clicking on the desk-top icon.  What I see instead is the first screen depicting a cloud, which then fades away, after which nothing happens, and no REX Soft Cloud user menu opens on my desktop, no matter how long I wait for it to appear.

Any clarification that can be offered by help that can be offered by Reed Stough in this forum would be greatly appreciated, since I followed all purchase, registration and validation instructions to the letter, only to wind up going in circles in an endless holding pattern,  unable to log in and ask any questions there.

Much thanks in advance.

Best regards from Tony, at the helm of the flying desk.

since I don't really notice the sort of dramatic improvement in the appearance of clouds that has been described by other users of this product.

I didn't note a  "dramatic improvment" either.  However, both the log in the REX Soft Clouds directory and a look at my textures in FSX confirmed that the soft cloud texture was present in FSX.

I think that any noticable improvement may depend upon weather conditions, altitude and type of flying.  For me 5500 ft MSL and GA just doesn't make for a good combination.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

Thanks for the reply Ernie.  I will try and see if I can locate the FSX Textures file to see if the REX Soft Clouds files are indeed included there.

It just occurred to me that the reason I didn't spot much difference between stock FSX clouds and the ones from REX is that prior to installing REX, I never really did pay close attention to the appearance of clouds in FSX, other than to note that they were present, meaning that I am now comparing REX against a vaguely defined entity to begin with.

Thanks for the reply Ernie.  I will try and see if I can locate the FSX Textures file to see if the REX Soft Clouds files are indeed included there.

It just occurred to me that the reason I didn't spot much difference between stock FSX clouds and the ones from REX is that prior to installing REX, I never really did pay close attention to the appearance of clouds in FSX, other than to note that they were present, meaning that I am now comparing REX against a vaguely defined entity to begin with.

Are you running Rex4 TD, if so, have you checked to see that 'low clouds' is unticked.

Yay! Tinkering further with the installer I finally found a way to install it! It's still a little convoluted but whatever works. After downloading the initial files last time I did not accept the installation routine. Instead I just closed the downloader/installer and went to the location where the *.msi and setup.exe were downloaded to. So I ran setup.exe manually and it installed OK this time. All works now, including that DXT checkbox (pre-sp1 problem). Again, I really like these soft clouds.

Can I ask the mods to change the header to "REX SOFT CLOUDS SP1 installation RESOLVED"?

Thanks,

Dirk.

Dirk -  Glad to hear that things are working well for you.

I could see my user name at the top of the REX forum page, indicating that I was logged in, but then when I tried to submit my order details under the product verification topic, the system logged me out, and would not allow me to log in despite multiple attempts.  Returning to my email, and clicking the verification link there, I was informed that my user name had been verified, indicating that this step did not have to be repeated.

Returning back to the REX forum, I again found that it as impossible to log in, which leaves me with no choice but to pose my question about REX Sift Clouds here, for the attention of Reed Stough, of the REX Company.

@FleaJump - We have been experiencing some issues over the last week with our forum as they are upgrading our servers.

Have you been able to get verified since?

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

Ah that explains things.  Thanks for the reply Reed.  I will give it another try and report back here before the day is over.

Absolutely spectular! We have had a very unsettled week in terms of weather. I have been trying to emulate the  dramatic cloud formations and this program comes through with its leg in the air.

Jon