Sign in to follow this  
Rob Ainscough

Update on LM's web site being down.

Lockheed Martin requested I pass this information along:

Prepar3D.com is experiencing issues due to a snowstorm in the U.S. Northeast and a huge traffic increase related to v2.5.

We assure you this is an extremely rare occurrence and we are adding addition capacity to ensure this never happens again

The issues will likely last another 24 hours and after that we should be back up and running at full capacity.

We apologize for any inconvenience and we will be back shortly!

Cheers, Rob.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

At the moment I'm flying into the snowstorm (KJFK)... Oh lord this will be a bumpy ride...

But thank you Rob. :) Nice to know, what happend.

Just got this ...

WordPress Login Temporarily Disabled

We apologize for the inconvenience! You are seeing this message because your site has recently been targeted by attackers attempting to gain access to your WordPress Dashboard. In order to protect your site your WordPress Login page has been temporarily disabled.

Unfortunately, you will be unable to login to the Dashboard until the block expires.

???

thanks for the heads up Rob

i've passed this along on AS and MH sites

I tried to log on .. got xfer to a WordPress page to fill in  .. look like the wanted a new pw.

I put in new data .. that was accepted .. then I was informed I was already a member ... if so, why did I end up there?

No real explanation on the page as to what or why I was there or what was required.

Later I seen the site looked ok prior to a login .. but that had error ... so then using my original PW  .. site has the temp lockout in effect ..

All a bit of a mess ..............

Crazy happens when you try to use cheezy blogging software for a forum. :smile:

All that snow is slowing down the bits causing a global disruption of service.

Glad to know that it isn't a cyber attack by North Korean hackers :smile:

Glad to know that it isn't a cyber attack by North Korean hackers :smile:

What the hell did i just read?! :lol:

Crazy happens when you try to use cheezy blogging software for a forum. :smile:

Yeah...where did they dig that mess up. It's a terrible framework populated by great folks.

Beats me... I've noticed that tech support requests by commercial developers has all but disappeared since they changed the format. Perhaps that was their goal.

Beats me... I've noticed that tech support requests by commercial developers has all but disappeared since they changed the format. Perhaps that was their goal.

I'm not commercial. I wouldn't know. I do notice though that the Lockheed Martin team seem to surface less frequently than they used to. I don't mind so much given they have Saul and Robin to answer questions on their forum. Good thing, as it allows the LM folks to concentrate on development of the product.

I've seen a lot of software get trashed because of diminished developer participation...either directly or through moderators. Nature will not tolerate a vacuum. Customers invariably make assumptions...usually wrong, which eventually are taken as fact.

I can't fly into the snow storm. My ASN is not compatible with v2.5...yet :(

and their back up B)

login doesn't seem to work though

This may be the factor which does not allow me to activate the simulator online

This may be the factor which does not allow me to activate the simulator online

I had the same problem. Maybe tomorrow.

Maybe tomorrow.....

.....I'll wanna settle down.

Until tomorrow I'll just keep movin' on.

Extract from "The Littlest Hobo".

As of 12:35 Z on 18 Feb. the LM site now says:

"We are currently processing system upgrades. We apologize for any inconvenience and we will be back shortly!

If you have any licensing issues, please contact licensing@prepar3d.com.

Thank you,
The Prepar3D Team"

It would be nice to see:

We expect to be back up approximately Date/Time

Paranoia mode on.

This past weekend the server hosting REX, FSS and a few other websites was having problems. I placed an order on FlightSim Store Sunday morning (my time) and it seems to have gotten lost. Connection?

Paranoia mode off.

This is directly related to the fact that I just made the decision to purchase P3d.  So everyone can blame me.  :BigGrin:

Click the download link....and I get....

We are currently processing system upgrades. We apologize for any inconvenience and we will be back shortly!

"Shortly" is a relative term.  Shortly in comparison to how long it takes to convert dinosaur bones into fossil fuel..... Not even a blink.

Shortly in comparison to when you've made that decision to buy and are now waiting with credit card in hand.....eternity!  :LMAO:  

Been trying all morning, obviously if I was successful I wound't be typing here. Hehe.

I just hope they use the person-wanting-to-buy algorithm vs fossil fuel conversion algorithm 

EDIT:  And as luck would have it....just coming here to whine about it was just the thing to do to make the site start working.....I'd like to think it was me that fixed LMs site with this post.  :ph34r: