Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[27FEB15] Latest News/Release Planning Notes, etc

Doesn't matter. Same installer. Think of it as SP1d updates that happen to have an FSX:SE installer option.

Okay, good. Can I rely on the update being distributed within the PMDG Operations Center? Thanks,

Well done to your teacher, and to you for getting that correct. I know English can be a tough language to learn.

ahahah thanks :lol:  But does that mean it's impossible to release the update this week? Yes it is but I find my native language even harder...:P 

If i was to ask, which version of the Dash 8 you got? i suffer from rather bad indecision and looking at the 3 i don't know which one fits a 'casual' sim pilot like myself. 

Pilot version, the base model...that's all you really need unless you're into 2D panels and circuit breakers. ;)

So, many minor updates. My post was to say there are no major updates. Both are correct: many updates are included, and none of them are significant overhauls of the product. FD geometry and RTF legs are not included in SP1d.

Still hoping that the minor fixes include the VSI being fixed to the 50ft increments instead of 100ft steps with this update. Anyway - looking forward to the WXR and more realistic TERR :P

Pilot version, the base model...that's all you really need unless you're into 2D panels and circuit breakers. ;)

I think this is the only version available at the moment ? When the shared cockpit version is available, I'll be grabbing that one. It would be nice to see this feature in the NGX, FS2Crew will suffice for the time being :-)

When the update is released, will I be a:

1) Able to update without losing all of my liveries?

2) Can I back up my sounds to use my aftermarket ground-roll sounds after updating? 

Checks forum for P3D release news on NGX. Nothing :( Walks away sad again

Barry Hicks

From EGFF to YSSY

Checks forum for P3D release news on NGX. Nothing :( Walks away sad again

Barry Hicks

They aren't even working on the P3D version until after SP1D is released for FSX and FSX:SE.

Checks forum for FSX:SE release news on NGX. Nothing :( Walks away sad again

FTFY :P

They aren't even working on the P3D version until after SP1D is released for FSX and FSX:SE.

I'm sorry but source for this?

Last I heard they were working on them both simultaneously.

I'm a little disappointed, I expected it by monday at the latest yet monday is almost over and there hasn't even been word or update about a snare or problem, I know i know - it'll be done when its done, but i really had my hopes up that their estimated windows would be right this time. Though thats my own fault, I probably should stop refreshing the forum every few minutes in hopes that the update has been released - its driving me batty 

Your wrong, if you take a look below at what is said here you will find out that they are working on both.

PMDG 737-8900NGX Base Package and PMDG 737-600/700NGX Expansion Prepar3D:

In some positive news, the quality level of the Prepar3D version is doing better, in our opinion, than the FSX/FSX-SE update described above.  We have found a few more platform-specific problems that we are working on- and we hope to have those resolved in the coming days.

I mentioned last week that the platform differences broke the HGS- but this has now been fixed....  Vin, Jason and Alex have been drilling really deeply into P3D to make sure we get the most out of the platform- and I think it shows in the version we are working with right now.

We have some memory management issues we are running down- as well as a few "what the heck is causing THAT" items... but those always pop up in every project...  we will have them wrapped up soon.

It would **almost** be funny at this point if the P3D version reaches release stability before the FSX/FSX-SE update....   (I said ALMOST... put away the knives!  LOL)

Can't wait for the Prepar3d release at least I can fly longer routes with my VA then.

I guess the Beta pics Kyle has been posting are fake then

Richie Walsh

FTFY :P

I will let you make those changes :)

Barry Hicks

From EGFF to YSSY

I guess the Beta pics Kyle has been posting are fake then

Photoshopped shadows :P