Sign in to follow this  
x-plane 123

Jar A330 released

Based on their A320 I'm going to hold off.  I had many lengthy emails back and forth with the developer just to get some basic things working and even to this day the MCDU likes to draw some very interesting routes for arrivals that I have to go back thru and edit, plus the price tag is rather high.  The screen shots look great but then again so does the A320.

+1

Luckily I got the Neo on sale.  It's now off and forgotten in my e-dust covered hangar.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Just picked it up from the Org at 61USD. Pricey but from the feedback so far would seem worth it.

Just picked it up from the Org at 61USD. Pricey but from the feedback so far would seem worth it.

Dave, please do let us know how you get on with it and how detailed of a simulation it is. It's quite expensive for just an impulse buy, and especially since there is no Mac version yet.

Dave, please do let us know how you get on with it and how detailed of a simulation it is. It's quite expensive for just an impulse buy, and especially since there is no Mac version yet.

Sure Tony. I don't have much time tonight but tomorrow I will do a couple of flights with it.

FSStevenhas a great vid up - His comment to questions about the FBW, comparison to A320..

"Yes, I have the A350 of FlightFactor. Compared to the JARDesign A320 it's massively improved. Compared to FlightFactor A350, I think hardly any differences now! JARDesign did really a great job on improving their Fly by Wire system. Hand flying is a real pleasant and take-off/landing is even peanuts now. Also the Fly by Wire protections are covered very well as described in the Flight Crew Operating Manuals (FCOM). "

From the vid it looks great and JAR has proven record of providing support and frequent updates. Now its on the org and have a day off work... well...!!

Hopefully, they'll take what they've learned concerning FBW with the A330 and port it back to the A320. I'd be willing to pay for an update like that.

NAX669.png

Did a couple of flights today.

For the eye candy I can honestly day there is not a better-looking tubeliner in X-Plane, it's a visual treat inside and out.

Flight seems smoother and under better control than the JarDesign A320. Systems-wise it feels like a step up but still has some of it's older sister's "idiosyncrasies"; if you watch the videos you'll see what I mean. And the occasional annoyance (why won't it let me set r/w heading on the ground?)

Mind you I think for the price they could have produced a decent manual with a tutorial instead of banging together some Fcoms and making a few half-a***d videos. Some of us know Airbuses reasonably well but a lot of people won't.

Overall though I'm pleased with my purchase, no regrets at all.

Hehe, those ground roll "jumps" (at ~14:00). I thought it was me causing those but it seems like the devs also can't help.

Can some of you comment on whether or not the dials support the mouse wheel input? My personal preference leads me to lose patience with the click and drag operation for precise operations. :blush:

Click 'n' drag I'm afraid, but better actioning than some others I've used. Not as good as a scroll wheel but not too bad and not a deal-breaker for me (says he who has already bought it lol). I would go as far to say that the click 'n' drag areas are pretty good and I never have issues actuating dials in the 330.

How does it look from the cockpit when its raining in flight?

From EGFF to YSSY

I decided to pick this up too,

I am new to X-plane and have had some  great hours in the FF757

The first 2 flights I did were not too successful and that was completely my fault. I then watched a coupe of videos and saw a couple of areas where I had made mistakes in the setting up of the flight. I have a pretty accurate PFPX profile which I use for planning. My only gripe is I cannot export straight into the bus from PFPX and have to manually copy the flight plan into the text file. It isn't a huge issue.

I would say that this isn't quite at the level of the PMDG aircraft but I would say it's 95% there. I have a couple of good flights under my belt now and I am absolutely loving this aircraft. I never owned the A320 but I read they improved the FBW and it is simply a joy to fly by hand with my X-55 so much so I tend to leave it a lot longer before the autopilot is engaged.

It is as good if not better than the Aerosoft buses, I guess in hindsight I shouldn't have been so quick to get P3D & the NGX as I have hardly spent anytime with it since getting X-Plane :)

It isn't a cheap addon but for the quality and depth of the aircraft I would say it is definitely worth it. I am very happy.

For any one sitting on the fence take a look at the review just released

http://xplanereviews.com/index.php?/topic/274-aircraft-review-airbus-a330-243-by-jardesign/

I certainly am looking forward to some very happy flying in this bus 

Richard

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png