Sign in to follow this  
x-plane 123

Jar A330 released

i am hanging on a thread on if i should buy this plane

I guess only you can make that decision, 

I have the NGX, 777 & Aerosoft Airbus in FSX, NGX & Aerosoft Airbus in P3D and now the FF757 & JAR A330 in X-Plane. I know which aircraft in which Sim I will be spending time in  B)

I certainly don't regret the purchase. Read the review and check out some of the videos

Richard

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

Same, ......I am waiting and debating, I think X plane is the better sim and I'm waiting for a good quality aircraft with a nice VC and sounds etc, will wait another week or two I think, from the couple of videos I've seen it looks great!

Regards Paul

EGCC

Regards

Paul EGCC

i can fly the a320 in p3d but the x-plane a320 confuses me with the load manager, and the lack of airports,i assume the a330 will be almost the same as the a320,i am always opened to learning

Though lacking some advanced features in MCDU (like ALTN FPLN and so on), the A330 by JARDesign is still a great airplane to have.

a330_18_zpsi5fdqfq3.jpg

a330_20_zps257snxob.jpg

a330_28_zpsrrtqxkia.jpg

a330_8_zpslszulyvw.jpg

Now this is what I'm talking about!!! I've been waiting for a proper 330 for years!!! here I come xplane!

The sound effects are a atrocious though, but oh well... I just wanted an aircraft that I could do all the normal preflight procedures according to the fcom.

Does anybody know if you can fly this aircraft from power up to power down according to the FCOM? Or are there some things not modelled?

Brian Nellis

Brian Nellis

There is a nice in depth review at X Plane.org on the JAR A330.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

cant stop flying it, lot more workload then the aerosoft ... procedure are mandatory and complex , you cant cut the corners with this bird , very nice vc , FMC is very good , but also challenging ,, totally worth it ... this is a new era of aircraft in xplane , so nice to fly with out the fear of OOM with HD sceanery etc , xplane is so awesome ...

I just flew an entire SID followed by the approach by hand, something I've never done before in any sim. Have to say this bird handles like a dream. Even with a 23 knot headwind coming into runway 33R at CYYZ :)

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

richard / charles

I am guessing there are many custom commands for this aircraft.

has the developer provided a plug-in / interface to allow a simple assignment of keys / buttons for these commands ?

for now, cheers

john martin

have a pretty accurate PFPX profile which I use for planning. My only gripe is I cannot export straight into the bus from PFPX and have to manually copy the flight plan into the text file. It isn't a huge issue.

If use EFASS flightplanner it has support for the JAR A330. I have used it without any problem. It is compatible with Aerosoft Navigraph for the AIRIC.

Have done several flights with it, a few 1 hour trips and 2 >10 hour long haul. Really enjoying it, manual flying is very good. FBW is also very good. External model is fantastic, sound could be better though. All round it is a great addition to the stable.

so nice to fly with out the fear of OOM with HD sceanery etc

Which renders it THE platform for detailed addons in my eyes. Keep 'em coming, just like this (from the reviews) nice A330. :smile:

For those of us with Macs, am I correct in my understanding that we download the Mac files from the Jar site, manually move the downloaded folder to the "Heavy Metal" aircraft folder in XP, then purchase the Windows version to get the activation key?

Anything that's additional to the above to get this bid working on a Mac?

Thanks, Bruce.

richard / charles

has the developer provided a plug-in / interface to allow a simple assignment of keys / buttons for these commands ?

Hi John,

I am not aware of such a plugin, I may be wrong however. I use my Saitek radio, multi & switch panel using the Xsaitekpanels plugin. The basic functions work. Hopefully someone will write a custom set of commands for this equipment as in the FF757.

I am on my way from Malaga (LEMG) to Gatwick (EGKK) just northwest of Cordoba and the scenery is stunning. X-Plane is so smooth and fluid. This plane is a real game changer for me. I will find it very hard to fly in either FSX or P3D

Richard

mmBbmS1.png

Which renders it THE platform for detailed addons in my eyes. Keep 'em coming, just like this (from the reviews) nice A330. :smile:

TOTALY agree

richard / charles

I have a Saitek x 52 and all of my switches and buttons are assigned with the xplane interface , flaps , spoilers , reverser , landing lights , pitch etc very happy