Sign in to follow this  
N405GJ

The Hawker is Released

So let me get this straight. You didn't read your receipt so you are blaming them. I'll admit I don't read all the fine print on most of my receipts too but you know what I did when I wanted a refund on their S550? I emailed their support staff and politely asked for a refund. I'll admit their customer service is a little slow but a week later they did reply to me and I did receive a refund. That was it! It was really that easy, just ask. If a company doesn't have a refund policy clearly stated somewhere then it doesn't hurt to ask them, the worst they'll say is no.

Did your self a favor and Google F1 refund policy and then Google Carenado refund policy.

But first just have a guess, which one appears as the very 1st search result and which one doesn't even appear?

Maybe you really are naive and dont get it.

In any case Im glad its come out in the open so buyers that put their faith in software that should deliver whats promised only to fall way short have a way out.

ZORAN

Did your self a favor and Google F1 refund policy and then Google Carenado refund policy.

But first just have a guess, which one appears as the very 1st search result and which one doesn't even appear?

Maybe you really are naive and dont get it.

In any case Im glad its come out in the open so buyers that put their faith in software that should deliver whats promised only to fall way short have a way out.

Read the receipt! Or do what I did when I didn't know what the return policy was and ask customer service. Despite what many may think Google does not answer every question about everything. Is that where you stop when you are trying to find information? If Google doesn't have it then it must not exist?

What exactly did Carenado promise that hasn't been delivered? I am reading the features on their aircraft and everything they have listed is included in their product. I don't think the problem is that Carenado is falling short, I think the problem is people are expecting more than what Carenado offers. Everyone here knows full well what to expect from a Carenado aircraft so why is everyone still complaining? What really baffles me is why people who have not even purchased the product are complaining about it. There are several Carenado aircraft that did not look appealing to me so I didn't buy them but I also didn't come to the Carenado section of the forum and talk about how horrible their products are when I didn't buy the aircraft.

Samuel Scully

I am reading the features on their aircraft and everything they have listed is included in their product. I don't think the problem is that Carenado is falling short, I think the problem is people are expecting more than what Carenado offers. Everyone here knows full well what to expect from a Carenado aircraft so why is everyone still complaining?

The $50 asking price suggests otherwise! That pits it against some very detailed products (basically they're asking Mercedes money but delivering a Kia). Carenado have hyped it a lot (endless teasers) and the community is desperate for an in-depth business jet so folks had high hopes.

Carenado seem to have done the bare minimum to fulfil listed features, they don't fully deliver (the below comments are from an owner of the product, not myself, so I can't vouch for their veracity but I have no reason to doubt them):

1. "Flight plan creation based on real procedures"

Well it isn't because the route page doesn't allow you to select and insert SIDS/STARS, or EXEC the flight plan

2. "Two navigation modes: VNAV and NAV"

NAV engaged on FMS course line does NOT follow the flight director or AP commands. And VNAV button disconnects autopilot and goes into ROLL holding mode, with no vertical guidance.

3. "Set different altitudes for different waypoints (VNAV)"

Whilst this is possible there is no VNAV or perf page in which to dictate parameters to the FMS

4. "Real behavior compared to the real airplane"

Aircraft engines are overpowered, no ITT overheat at full blast for too long. Had engines running full the entire flight, no overheat whatsoever

5. And of course there are expectations of any product that includes an FMS, such as the "Direct to" function (which doesn't work in this addon).

6. And then there's just careless stuff, such as beacon lights continuing to function when the batteries and generators are off. Or FLC mode not maintaining selected speed (e.g. 180 kts at full thrust) so it eventually stalls.

Similar comments at http://forum.avsim.net/topic/467306-hawker-my-first-impressions/#entry3225645

Based on feedback from owners of the product, I will not be purchasing the H850XP despite intending to. I hope that a service pack and the wonderful Mr Bert Pieke can salvage it in to something reasonable.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Read the receipt! Or do what I did when I didn't know what the return policy was and ask customer service. Despite what many may think Google does not answer every question about everything. Is that where you stop when you are trying to find information? If Google doesn't have it then it must not exist?

Your not getting the Google reference, its nothing to do with the terms and conditions of the refund policy.

ZORAN

I am really glad that AVSIM provides an unofficial Carenado support forum.

Seeing that even the 'lite' feelThere Phenom 100 has a working FLC mode,

... that this mode should have been implemented in the Carenado P100 as well,

... that this mode still doesn't work in the Carenado Hawker ...

... thank you, AVSIM.

Based on feedback from owners of the product, I will not be purchasing the H850XP despite intending to. I hope that a service pack and the wonderful Mr Bert Pieke can salvage it in to something reasonable.

Some of those things you mentioned work, but now how you'd expect (and not true to the real unit).

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Some of those things you mentioned work, but now how you'd expect (and not true to the real unit).

Then they don't work. That's like purchasing a car, finding out it's got oval wheels and being told it works... but not how you'd expect it to.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I'm glad that I decided to see this for myself, in my system, with my own eyes.

128ad0.jpg

291340.jpg

38da53.jpg

463cc2.jpg

So far:

No issues at all installing with as admin.

Just lovely lighting, especially the landing lights and how the illuminate the ground.

Handles beautifully and the sounds are very good to my ears.

Excellent FPS at dusk and in complex airports.

I have not tried the FMS or Autopilot. This is an area where the community usually steps up and delivers.

Overall, I'd say I'm ecstatic with my purchase.

Jose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Well this is all rather unfortunate.  Again. I've put my credit card back in my wallet.

But maybe it'll be another one of those...'After SP2 and 15 mods from forum members, this baby really shines!' products.

I'm glad that I decided to see this for myself, in my system, with my own eyes.

128ad0.jpg

291340.jpg

38da53.jpg

463cc2.jpg

So far:

No issues at all installing with as admin.

Just lovely lighting, especially the landing lights and how the illuminate the ground.

Handles beautifully and the sounds are very good to my ears.

Excellent FPS at dusk and in complex airports.

I have not tried the FMS or Autopilot. This is an area where the community usually steps up and delivers.

Overall, I'd say I'm ecstatic with my purchase.

Jose

This just goes to show that you shouldn't believe everything you read in forums. Ten people witness an accident - ten totally different stories. All may believe their version to be true.

A lot of satisfaction can be gained with the proper attitude and the desire to want it to perform correctly. There will be improvements soon.

Thanks Jose.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

This just goes to show that you shouldn't believe everything you read in forums...A lot of satisfaction can be gained with the proper attitude and the desire to want it to perform correctly.

No one has complained about any of the items Jose mentioned though (except for a couple of FPS moans), the vast majority relate to the FMS, autopilot and avionics. If an owner doesn't use/test those functions, I would expect them to be happy (except for the price anyway)!

No one desired the product to perform correctly more than me, but it doesn't and no amount of desire on my part will change that. When basic autopilot functions such as FLC don't work properly, the product is ruined for most people; that's what you're reading in this forum.

Having paid $50 for a new product, it shouldn't be reliant on community fixes to function properly!

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

LOL Ray/ Jose. The fact that the community has to step up and fix the FMC and autopilot is the problem. People are getting fed up of spending this kind of money for an unfinished and buggy product. You seem to think thats ok - I dont believe it is.

A lot of satisfaction can be gained with the proper attitude and the desire to want it to perform correctly. There will be improvements soon.

I have a real desire to buy this aircraft but as gullible as I am sometimes, even I can recognise that no amount of desire is going to fix something that is fundamentally broken.

You seem to have some emotional connection to Carenado and this Hawker, were you a beta tester by any chance and if so why was it released with systems so broken ?

As a real world pilot how do you rate the fidelity of the Avionics, Autopilot and FMC and do you feel the addon is worth $50 when compared quality wise to something like the Realair Duke v2 which is cheaper.

Appreciate your thoughts on this and look forward to your review.

A lot of us are looking for updated bizjets.  And this was a possibility.  I've had a quick look with it (once I got the gauges up and running).  Not great... needs a lot of work.  There's a lot of bugs (when isn't there), but there are some positives,  Sounds are nice, I think the handling is really good, performance seems ok to me... as long as you set your weights etc.  Fully loaded it's slow obviously.  Ya needs some work.  Not worth 50 bucks for sure.  You can get an A2A Skylane that works for that.

Well, it´s not that I´m not eagerly waiting for one, too.

But I guess it´s not too harsh when I say that it is known that Carenado fails horrendously on creating things bigger than a Cessna Prop plane.

Agreed! It's like eating a rotten food from a empty fridge cause you're very hungry, vomit all of it, open the fridge and eat it again. Can't understand that phenomena, seriously.

Me too!  As I don´t have that much time and money, I need to make sure that what I pay for is good enough. It´s not that difficult for them to make some good money out of that phenomena.