Sign in to follow this  
shaddyy

New Nvidia drivers out.

Also, do you still see approximately a 30% increase with SLI?

The latest driver 353.30 seems to be more than 30% improvement, but I have NOT repeated the same test flight and ran Fraps time frame logging to determine the accuracy of my "observation" by comparing with my earlier results.

I have no experience with the Sony C model (assume you mean the XBR49X830C) ... only concern with that model is no 3D support, 3D support usually means 60Hz support is "required" ... so you'll want to make sure you can get 60Hz out of the Sony C if you plan to operate games that require 60Hz/60fps.

If you come up to NorCal, do PM me ... happy to show you the setup.

Cheers, Rob.

The latest driver 353.30 seems to be more than 30% improvement

Is this only sli - I would assume you do not know otherwise running two cards - thanks Rob

Rich Sennett

Is this only sli -

Yes, SLI ... I have not tested performance difference with just one GPU running.

Cheers, Rob.

Yes, SLI ... I have not tested performance difference with just one GPU running.

Cheers, Rob.

Thanks Rob :)

Rich Sennett

EZDOK does not work on Win X due to it trying to write to invalid memory locations. These just threw piles of windows event errors in 8.1.

Happily using A2A AccuFeel as a replacement.

Cheers

jja

huh? I have ezdok running on the latest windows 10 tech preview. Also had it running in Windows 8.1 before I installed Windows 10

Massive problems with grey screens with this driver on Win7 with a single 980 and 2.5.12945.  Screen goes to solid grey and sim continues to run, and computer can be shut down remotely via a command from another PC over the LAN.

Back to 352.86 for me.

(Postscript: it appears that a dodgy factory overclock on my EVGA 980 is responsible for the gray screens...this driver just seems to bring them out quicker.  Used PrecisionX to bump the voltage up a tad and reduced the factory overclock by 25MHz to 1266MHz.  The problem now appears to be cured even with this driver.)

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

The drivers work great for me on Windows 10 (build 10130), no problems.

Also, I have no problems with Ezdok on Windows 10 build 10130.

Actually, I have yet to find anything that does not work on Windows 10.

Kay Morten Magelie no.png

The drivers work great for me on Windows 10 (build 10130), no problems.

Also, I have no problems with Ezdok on Windows 10 build 10130.

Actually, I have yet to find anything that does not work on Windows 10.

Hi, Have you tried REX Texture Direct? Seems to crash when going to Themes for me but all other addons are stable in W10 as you say. 

Does upgrading to W10 mean you have to install everything all over again?

Edit: I figured out there's a choice between updrade and custom (clean) install. 

Does anyone have experience with the upgrade option on the machine where P3d is installed?

Hi, Have you tried REX Texture Direct? Seems to crash when going to Themes for me but all other addons are stable in W10 as you say.

No, I have only installed REX Soft Clouds. To tell you the truth, I have not installed it because I'm confused by all the updates and service packs for Texture Direct. :blush:

Anyway, I'm quite content with how my simulator looks, and I use some freeware sky textures, so...

Kay Morten Magelie no.png

Cheers, Rob.

Hi Rob...I know you are very into the SLI side of things but if you have the time, there are many of us still non 

sli and would love to hear your opinions on these new drivers and developements and if good or bad for us. Thanks for all you do!!

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

sli and would love to hear your opinions on these new drivers and developements and if good or bad for us.

Along those lines I've purchased a few domain names (P3DWiki.com, .net, .org and P3D.Wiki) and will be moving stuff from my personal web site over to a new home (long over due).  But, it's going to take some time for me to develop the web site and get it uploaded ... so stay tuned.

The site will primarily be a resource web site for people to use or not use information presented ... it is NOT a "bible" nor anything more than information, videos, screenshots, and maybe some freeware apps I might developer, etc. etc. ... it will not be supported by ads (or anyone else) so it's all out of my own pocket.  It will NOT be "officially" support by LM either ... but I have passed it by them and they are OK with me doing it.  It will contain no forums, it may contain unofficial leaked information or it may not ... depends how I'm to be used ;)

But whatever it becomes, the idea is to make a central location for P3D information and get that information off my own personal site.  It is NOT intended to be a developer resource site (those already exist) it's focus will be end users.  It is NOT a money generator, just the opposite it's a money consumer.

Cheers, Rob.

great news Rob, looking forward to it. things are moving quite fast on the flightsim front so we need to catch up so this is a good move.

Just installed a 980ti and going well at the moment, slight hick-up, didn't check the cfg file for double entry for gpu.

also installed latest drivers and new HF4, no surprises ASN and flifgt1 gtn750 needs a fix. (running asn sp3 beta)

bob