Sign in to follow this  
Budbud

I'm all about that bird!

Hi,

I have hundreds of hours of flights with the T7 in FSX (all three -200LR, -200F, -300ER) and I keep being impressed and enjoying the flights with these birds.

Last flight:

744116YSSYLFPG.png

Leaving the bird (B77L) after a 20h flight from Sydney (YSSY) to Paris (LFPG), in real time and conditions with CFMU validated flight plan and ASN weather.

Left Sydney with 203 pax and 162200kg of fuel, still 12900kg remaining at arrival.

Definitely a great experience!

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Thx for sharing.

Yes, it's  a great model. Probably the most advanced ever in the PMDG line...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I only bought it recently and I agree completely. Amazing machine.

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

I have this plane, I don't fly it as much as I should (not much of a heavy pilot) the model is beautiful, love the colour.

Definitely a great experience!

Glad people are enjoying it. Working support tickets, I see lots of frustration, and the occasional thanks for an assist, but given the nature of product support, I don't often see people enjoying it and showing it off. Thanks for posting this!

Kyle Rodgers

I wouldn't mind trying that route myself, sounds awesome! Truly is an incredible simulation, that's for sure. 

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Glad people are enjoying it. Working support tickets, I see lots of frustration, and the occasional thanks for an assist, but given the nature of product support, I don't often see people enjoying it and showing it off. Thanks for posting this!

Well Kyle, I think it is a human kind's specificity to tend to criticize quicker than to congratulate but how not to be admiring the PMDG's work?

My experience so far with all PMDG's products I own (B744X, MD11, JS41, NGX, T7) has been bugless and flawless and by far the most advanced I have ever got.

So looking at all the topics on the forum I may think I'm lucky, but still because it's easier to blame than to thank.

The PMDG's T7 simulation is flawless (as demonstrated by a 20h flight!) and with the NGX the best experience I have ever had in FSX so far. Only another developer brought me the same level so far with their Concorde and maybe with their coming Bus but it's another topic.

So once again thank you PMDG for your fantastic work! I was dreaming of a good and realistic T7 up there as it is my favourite aircraft and after hundred hours of flight with it I can definitely say you did it. I bought it since it was released and never regretted it.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

And the most remarkable thing is that you did it without an OOM! :P:lol:

Yep. I did have some at the beginning but after a complete fresh reinstall almost a year ago, I don' have anymore. But I use only airport sceneries (Fly tampa YSSY and Aerosoft LFPG in that case) no region or city scenery, it helps greatly. I ended up the flight at around 1Gb VAS remaining.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

And the most remarkable thing is that you did it without an OOM! :P:lol:

I was about to say the same. Especially that the arrival was LFPG (by Aerosoft I Imagine, which is a very heavy scenery). But maybe Budbud saved the situation and panel state in the middle of the flight and then reloaded them to play it safe  ^_^

Otherwise I think I voiced already my satisfaction in the past, but it's a pleasure to say it again: I really enjoy the T7!  :wub:

Beautiful, realistic, stable, full of features, pleasure to fly. And I found some compromises and appropriate FSX settings to avoid OOM so far, most of the time.

Many many thanks for the different "intermediate" tutorials or revisions of the documentation until the Tutorial version 2 comes out. This is the era of videos etc.but I really appreciate the effort made by PMDG to write documentation and tutorials. I value this very much and for one like to read. Hope you will continue to produce quality doc and tutorials.

- TONY -

But maybe Budbud saved the situation and panel state in the middle of the flight and then reloaded them to play it safe 

Nope, I thought, I would have to but eventually I didn't.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Good report Romain, it is a great aircraft...not quite sure what could possibly be the frustration from so many users, I just installed and went flying (well after learning a few things first).  I really think anyone that flies this aircraft should do so with FS2Crew.  On a highly automated aircraft where there is a lower pilot workload it is paradoxically more interesting to have FS2Crew because it add more stuff going on.  btw Romain, I really hope you are not flying around all over the place in the default PMDG livery....its OK but not as good as the real deal liveries available from the OC.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

its OK but not as good as the real deal liveries available from the OC.

Well to be honest, I don't care that much about liveries as I fly exclusively from the VC. And for that flight, as no company ever did that flight for real I stuck to the PMDG's one.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Well to be honest, I don't care that much about liveries as I fly exclusively from the VC. And for that flight, as no company ever did that flight for real I stuck to the PMDG's one.

I tend to only be in the VC as well but still change the liveries....although I almost always fly a real world route.  Only time I look outside is to inspect the the tail section when I get the "tail strike" message    :Shame On You: .  Thankfully that has been almost eliminated now!

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Hats off to you guys who can fly those ober long routes real time. I guess that's why I prefer NGX. T7 is a fun bird though.

Vic green