Sign in to follow this  
SVA1181

Essential Addons for xplane - payware/freeware

Dreamfoil embraer 110

Flyjsim 727 and 737-200

FIightfactor 777 and 757

Carenado c-90 b-200 and b1900

You have a lot of nice payware products out there.

For freeware products I recomend you the fokker 27.

Best regards

Is 16GB enough to run hdmeshv3 and OSM stuff? I currently have 8GB and am debating on getting 16GB or 32GB replacing the 8GB.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

I run the thing on a Lenovo laptop at 1080p and 8gb mem.  I had to jump the virtual hard drive space to 12 gb to keep from OOM erros, but I can run it with several addons no problem.

Is 16GB enough to run hdmeshv3 and OSM stuff? I currently have 8GB and am debating on getting 16GB or 32GB replacing the 8GB.

At least HD Mesh Scenery v3 should work most of the time with 16 GB nicely. If you add OSM ... well, in some very dense city areas it might push you above 16 GB .. but again ... it depends (and will very likely work in many or most areas).

Simply put: if you can afford 32 GB, then go for it (as it makes you much more future proof ... because who knows what else you want to use beside HD mesh + OSM) ... if not, then at least go for 16 GB.

thanks a lot guys for your advice, seems that i have a lot to do today. for the utilities I will download the ones you suggested. for the aircrafts i will stick to Jar design airbuses (I am more into airbuses and will use my pmdg boeings on fsx). as for the sceneries, i found a lot of interesting FREE sceneries on .org (more than happy for this  :smile:).

thanks again and happy flying,

regards,

Just a little heads up for Jar.

After you buy their product, make sure to go to their site and manually download the LATESTS version.

I bought their a320 and used outdated version becuase I downloaded the product uing the link in the email they sent me. They are pretty nice planes with LOTS of liveries you can download form their site for free too.

I recommend also a program called g2xpl, a program which let's you create your own photo scenery for an area of your choice very easily using online map servers.

You just need to make a small donation to the developer and he will email you the program which has been around for years and is still actively being developed.

You can find a dedicated thread on this on the org website.

And a fair warning - install and test each of these add-ons one at a time so you can back up if something goes wrong or your framerates tank.  It is tempting to load everything and go, but it doesn't often work out well.

Just a little heads up for Jar.

After you buy their product, make sure to go to their site and manually download the LATESTS version.

I bought their a320 and used outdated version becuase I downloaded the product uing the link in the email they sent me. They are pretty nice planes with LOTS of liveries you can download form their site for free too.

Thank you Morrigan for the advise. I bought the aircrafts from Aerosoft. should i do the same?

Thank you Morrigan for the advise. I bought the aircrafts from Aerosoft. should i do the same?

I bought it through Aerosoft too, and yes, it wasn't the latests version. 

http://airbus320neo.com/updates/ - the latests version is on top of the list.

http://airbus320neo.com/liveries/ - Scroll down for free liveries : )

I don't know how it is with 330 as 320neo is the only Airbus I bought. Have fun!

I bought it through Aerosoft too, and yes, it wasn't the latests version. 

http://airbus320neo.com/updates/ - the latests version is on top of the list.

http://airbus320neo.com/liveries/ - Scroll down for free liveries : )

I don't know how it is with 330 as 320neo is the only Airbus I bought. Have fun!

thanks again Morrigan  :smile:

Hello,

Today I bought x plane 10 (actually still downloading :) ), after being with Microsoft products since 1998!

Currently I am flying fsx, for which I bought most of available addons, going from airliners (pmdg, majestic, Leonardo and of course aerosoft), a lot of aerosoft sceneries, and some well known other sceneries, ASN, orbx, Rex....and many others.

So, I want to do the same for xplane, therefore, I am kindly asking for your advice regarding the most useful addons for x plane,that add value and immersion to xplane, whether they are weather engines, textures, sceneries (Europe and Middle East) and of course aircrafts (airliners only).

I am planing to buy jar design airbuses 320 and 330. Those are the only ones I know :).

I thank you in advance for your advises.

Best regards,

Steve

this is one of the best add-ons for xplane and it is free

Runways HD

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=16270

it is a huge improvement over default runway textures.

Manuel Merelles

Don't forget the freeware airports by Mister X6. Off the top of my head they are Juneau (PAJN), Portland (KPDX), San Francisco (KSFO), Los Angeles (KLAX), and San Diego (KSAN). There are others, but I can't remember without looking them up. You'll find them on the org or Aerosoft freeware page under a different author name. They are unbelievable good for freeware.

Happy flying!

Tom

• Upvote 1

Hi all,

Firstly, I know this question will have been asked many times, and I apologize for that, but when you're absolutely new to a sim, the information can be very spread out and dissipated....so here goes;

I'm buying XP10 today from Steam, and as an absolute virgin to XP  (well, I did have XP6!), could any kind person (or several) offer their views on what essentials I should look at, to bring the vanilla XP10 up to speed?

I'm mainly looking for scenery (wide area, airports, etc) and enhancements rather than aircraft, but some good GA aircraft recommendations would be great too.

I'm looking for both freeware and payware recommendations.

I fly GA exclusively.

Thanks in advance!

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)