Sign in to follow this  
Anxu00

How does ORBX perform with P3D v3?

All,

I have not jumped into v3 yet.  I stopped using PMDG, so VAS improvement does not have the same impact to me.  However, I do many GA flights with RealAir and A2A and F1 planes, and lately I have disabled all of the ORBX stuffs due to performance.  I used to tell myself to enjoy the eye candies and put up with lower performance, but lately I value smooth flight experience more.  So my question is: do the ORBX stuffs perform better with v3?  I tried Googling but no answers.  My spec is modest: i7-2700K OC@4.8 Ghz, paired with a GTX980 6GB.  Not state of the art, but not slow either.

Thanks in advance.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

I have an i-7 4790K @4.7 with 970 GTX and have been very pleased with the performance in V3

I would have to assume you were using v2.5 if you disabled ORBX due to performance issues?  Like BrettT stated, v3 has good performance with ORBX products, but it also depends on WHAT ORBX products.  I still have issues with Vector, so I run a minimal state with that, but the OpenLC products, TreesHD, regions (that are compatible right now), all perform just fine.  You also have to add to the mix, your settings in P3D, which vary, depending on the rig and what you are wanting outof the sim, which hopefully is more actual flying than creating wallpapers.

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

All,

I have not jumped into v3 yet.  I stopped using PMDG, so VAS improvement does not have the same impact to me.  However, I do many GA flights with RealAir and A2A and F1 planes, and lately I have disabled all of the ORBX stuffs due to performance.  I used to tell myself to enjoy the eye candies and put up with lower performance, but lately I value smooth flight experience more.  So my question is: do the ORBX stuffs perform better with v3?  I tried Googling but no answers.  My spec is modest: i7-2700K OC@4.8 Ghz, paired with a GTX980 6GB.  Not state of the art, but not slow either.

Thanks in advance.

Dude!...you are missing so much!!!....My rig is less beefy than yours, (GTX770), and I think if you did a little planning before hand...re...WHAT ARE you going to fly and where, and set your sliders to a reasonable amount, you will be back in the NGX post haste!!!

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

I have no performance issues with Orbx scenery, even the regions work well in V3 (performance and VAS) ... taking into account I'm also running much higher graphics settings now.  

I haven't installed the latest Orbx Vector yet ... that did cause stutters and VAS issues in V2.5 and a few other anomalies ... still on the fence about Vector, it has some really cool features but I'm already pushing the add-on envelope so I may hold off.  

Orbx Regions have most (if not all) the vector specifics anyway -- Vector shines in areas that aren't covered by Orbx Regions or if you are using FTX Global and OpenLC.

Cheers, Rob.

In a word...briliantly. I was just thinking of starting a thread to boast, brag, and loudly proclaim that so far all the ORBX sceneries have no effect on P3D3 performance. Still smooth as silk.

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

No problems here.   I only use Global for best use of the Big Orbtx airports and the Regions of course,  love the Regions. I have Vector and Europe but don't bother with them 

I have no performance issues with Orbx scenery, even the regions work well in V3 (performance and VAS) ... taking into account I'm also running much higher graphics settings now.  

I haven't installed the latest Orbx Vector yet ... that did cause stutters and VAS issues in V2.5 and a few other anomalies ... still on the fence about Vector, it has some really cool features but I'm already pushing the add-on envelope so I may hold off.  

Orbx Regions have most (if not all) the vector specifics anyway -- Vector shines in areas that aren't covered by Orbx Regions or if you are using FTX Global and OpenLC.

Cheers, Rob.

Rob,

I can confirm that the issues you experienced with Vector in v2.5 are still present in v3.  I had to uncheck quite a bit in Vector to get it to work right.  The only thing I have present is coastlines and anything that cleans up edges.  I regained my fps after that adjustment.

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

I would have to assume you were using v2.5 if you disabled ORBX due to performance issues?  Like BrettT stated, v3 has good performance with ORBX products, but it also depends on WHAT ORBX products.  I still have issues with Vector, so I run a minimal state with that, but the OpenLC products, TreesHD, regions (that are compatible right now), all perform just fine.  You also have to add to the mix, your settings in P3D, which vary, depending on the rig and what you are wanting outof the sim, which hopefully is more actual flying than creating wallpapers.

-Jim

I am using 2.5 and currently not using ORBX because of performance.  No matter what I set in 2.5 I always encounters annoying stutters and uneven frame rate (which I think is the cause of the stutters).  What I am looking for is smooth performance with ORBX, so I can have the cake and eat it too.  Thanks for the feedback so far, it's encouraging.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Rob,

I can confirm that the issues you experienced with Vector in v2.5 are still present in v3.  I had to uncheck quite a bit in Vector to get it to work right.  The only thing I have present is coastlines and anything that cleans up edges.  I regained my fps after that adjustment.

-Jim

Im on the fence about buying this, how is it with just coastlines, roads and water turned on? 

For me, Orbx regions and airports definitely perform better in P3Dv3, than they did in FSX.   A good example would be Skagit Airport in PNW;  in FSX I always had low frames here, and stutters.  In P3Dv3 (with extras on like HDR, shadows, etc) it is as smooth as silk with 30 FPS (locked at that rate).

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

How do you get it in P3D v3?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

How do you get it in P3D v3?

They are releasing P3D3 installers for all their products. Quite a few have been released already. The individual airports will be last.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors