Sign in to follow this  
Phantom88

A Bite From The Apple

The BIG APPLE........ :smile: Released from Drzewiecki Design NYC for XPlane 10.Never have I Experienced so much detail in a flight Sim...It's a Game Changer :smile: 

2h7khdv.jpg

2mhbhe.jpg

sg5pgn.jpg

15rigr9.jpg

Thanks for viewing friends

• Upvote 3

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Post deleted by user - wrong forum.

Edited by DaveCT2003

I've spoken with the developer, and his opinion is that flying most third party commercial airliners into New York with this scenery running is going to cause an OOM.  I've tested it with many payware aircraft, and that's exactly what happens.  Add any payware airport scenery to the New York City area airport  you're flying into (even with any other payware airports in the area disabled) really adds to the possibility of an OOM.

For GA flying, I'm not sure if I prepare this scenery or Manhattan X, but you get a lot more area coverage with this one.

Beyond that, there WAS a trend (it seams to have dissipated as of late) for some scenery designers to use an over abundance of dark and gloomy textures (I have my own suspicions as to why and it has a LITTLE to do with DX10 and shaders), and this scenery brings that out in spades. Gotham-itis for sure!  I'm happy to see most scenery designers stepping away from this.

As always, I hope this information is helpful and I wish you all happy flights!

Does this also pertain to XP 10 64bit and 32gig of RAM.

Does this also pertain to XP 10 64bit and 32gig of RAM.

Oh man, I'm SO SORRY!  I didn't know the product was out of X-plane!  No sir, I don't believe it does.

My most sincere apologies!

• Upvote 1

I've spoken with the developer, and his opinion is that flying most third party commercial airliners into New York with this scenery running is going to cause an OOM.  I've tested it with many payware aircraft, and that's exactly what happens.  Add any payware airport scenery to the New York City area airport  you're flying into (even with any other payware airports in the area disabled) really adds to the possibility of an OOM.

For GA flying, I'm not sure if I prepare this scenery or Manhattan X, but you get a lot more area coverage with this one.

Beyond that, there WAS a trend (it seams to have dissipated as of late) for some scenery designers to use an over abundance of dark and gloomy textures (I have my own suspicions as to why and it has a LITTLE to do with DX10 and shaders), and this scenery brings that out in spades. Gotham-itis for sure!  I'm happy to see most scenery designers stepping away from this.

As always, I hope this information is helpful and I wish you all happy flights!

Wrong FlightSim platform.

Unreal indeed.. looks nice but to dark... power outage ?

:smile: Haha.......No Black Out,Just time of day mixed with cloud cover.