Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[25NOV15] PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies II - VC Preview!

Hello people,

Well I am stumped after seeing the previews. Honestly I could not make the difference between reality and FS. The previews were so perfect! But I had a query as to what will be requirements for the 747 V2 . I Have the following Rig:

Lenovo Y50-70 

I7-4710HQ (3.5 Ghz with Turbo-boost)

Nvidia GTX-960M 

Windows 10 64-bit

1TB HDD with 8GB SSD

Will the above specifications suffice for your beautiful Plane?? 

Swapnil Sirdeshpande

Hello people,

Well I am stumped after seeing the previews. Honestly I could not make the difference between reality and FS. The previews were so perfect! But I had a query as to what will be requirements for the 747 V2 . I Have the following Rig:

Lenovo Y50-70 

I7-4710HQ (3.5 Ghz with Turbo-boost)

Nvidia GTX-960M 

Windows 10 64-bit

1TB HDD with 8GB SSD

Will the above specifications suffice for your beautiful Plane?? 

There isn't much that your rig cannot do lol!   I have far less than that and run the 777 and it's counterparts very well indeed on FSX.   The 747 according to RSR seems more efficient on FPS than the 777 so I think you are safe :-).

Regards

Awesome..can't wait. The Best to all during the Holiday Seasons :)

Bob Morehead

Bob M

The cockpit is really looking great.  Simply amazing!  Will there be pens in the holders, or will we have to provide our own.

Also, will you be selling the hard bound manuals for the 747 again?

Bob

Speechless... Can't wait for the freighter.

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

Is this going to be released for FS95? 

Just kidding. Looks fantastic.

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

Looks good!

Is the NASA selling Computers for FSX use? :wink:

Thank you very much for all of your hard work. You have made alot of people very happy.

While all this looks very impressive the recent drop in the Aussie dollar and a probable switch to P3d over the next year or so means that for the first time I won't be one of the first to purchase a new PMDG release for FSX.  The 747 v2 will have to wait to when and if I get P3d as buying two licenses will be prohibitvely expensive.

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Honestly? The 747-400 in the real world is losing its place, thus, I'm only interested in the 747-8i. I am looking forward to it, however.

I have to respectfully disagree with you on that one. The reception of the -8 has been a bit underwhelming overall, and the -8i even more so. Only six companies fly the -8i, and if you include the cargo variant, only 15 companies total operate the aircraft. That is compared to the over 70 companies that still actively fly the -400 today in all her different variants. As cool as the new tech is in the -8, you're really getting a lot more bang for your buck by buying the -400 variant first, you only have to understand that it isn't intended to be packed full of whiz-bang gizmos. If you're up for a challenge, try getting behind the stick of a more classic airplane like the L-1011, or to go even further back, something of the DC-6 era. I promise you the 747-400 will seem like a miracle of modern technology after a few flights chock-full of engine management and complicated descent planning based entirely off of DME and estimated winds aloft. 

• Upvote 3

Elijah Hoyt
747ST.jpg
CFI, CFII, CMEL, CSEL, CSES, IFR

Well,

although there is actually a single reason for me to keep the Legacy Civil Flight simulation platform , in it's P3D3 reincarnation still installed on my sims PC, is to be able to use PMDG's 777 200LR, and I have lost most of the interest in simulating civil / airline or leisure, with or without ATC, virtual flying, truth is that as a long time admirer of the 747, since the early days of my existence when TAP ( former  Portugal Airlines ) bought it's first B747-200, I will most probably not skip the chance to also have this add-on ( depends a lot on the price tag though... )

It will certainly be the next Queen of the skies of flight simulation :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Main flight simulator: MSFS 2020...