Sign in to follow this  
carlito777

Taxi2Gate EDDM released!

After so many fixes (which should have been done during beta testing!!!), do you guys think that the scenery is now superior to Aersoft's EDDM? I now that this scenery is much older and not really P3D V3-compatible, but it is nevertheless interesting to know how it compares.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

After so many fixes (which should have been done during beta testing!!!), do you guys think that the scenery is now superior to Aersoft's EDDM? I now that this scenery is much older and not really P3D V3-compatible, but it is nevertheless interesting to know how it compares.

The AFCAD fix isn't even from T2G, it was compiled by a user... AFAIK the scenery has not been officially patched apart from the bridge fix.

As for comparison - it tried both side by side in P3D, and the overall impression of the Aerosoft offering is still superior. The textures and buildings are not up to date, that is true. But at least the scenery as a whole is complete and I don't have to deal with misaligned bridges and roads, missing parking advisory system, green grass embankments in winter, static trains, red scenery in January, a Q400 standing at the gate waiting for the bridge to be connected, the A380 parked in front of the customs/DHL building (using UT2). Sure, the old EDDM has a higher impact on FPS - when used in FSX and AES light is running (AES makes for quite a hit on the FPS). In this configuration it is even fun to take a car and drive around the airfield, on the service roads. Not so with T2G, I can't see me doing that. From a pilots perspective the T2G offering will suffice, but at that pricetag I expected a little more.

• Upvote 2

LORBY-SI

No Problem with Jetways here. But I use the modified AFCAD done by hero93.

http://forum.iflysimx.com/topic/1304-eddm-enhanced-afcad-update-3/

IMPORTANT: Please rename the file into EDDM_ADE_DS_3_1.bgl , otherwise you will have problems.

Yeah I found that AFCAD and would love to use it, but the next problem is for me it is impossible to create an account in their forum. Always when I try no confirmation E-Mail arrives at my E-Mail adress. And without an account you can't download the file. Tried several E-Mail accounts. In the end I came to the conclusion to wait for their official patch and use Aerosofts version so long. I like the Aerosoft version but the T2G looks in my opinion a bit better. If the Euros I spend for the T2G version will help them to make the current buggy version better in a few weeks then i'm happy with that.

Intel i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080, Windows 10 Home 64bit with 2004 Update

Yeah I found that AFCAD and would love to use it, but the next problem is for me it is impossible to create an account in their forum. Always when I try no confirmation E-Mail arrives at my E-Mail adress. And without an account you can't download the file. Tried several E-Mail accounts. In the end I came to the conclusion to wait for their official patch and use Aerosofts version so long. I like the Aerosoft version but the T2G looks in my opinion a bit better. If the Euros I spend for the T2G version will help them to make the current buggy version better in a few weeks then i'm happy with that.

Hey.

Just downloaded it and uploaded it for you:

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=37670107215234854847

Took the link from the first post saying:

v3:

added missing DME

changed Gate Type Names

3.1: more radius adjustments 

EDDM_ADE_DS_3.1.bgl

• Upvote 1

As for comparison - it tried both side by side in P3D, and the overall impression of the Aerosoft offering is still superior

I was hoping that we would get something better from T2G. I am still at Aerosoft's EDDM (with some runway light patches), which I really like, but in P3D V2+3 that scenery suffers from rotating / disappearing buildings depending on the perspective you look at. And that is quite annoying.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

Hey.

Just downloaded it and uploaded it for you:

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=37670107215234854847

Took the link from the first post saying:

v3:

added missing DME

changed Gate Type Names

3.1: more radius adjustments 

EDDM_ADE_DS_3.1.bgl

Cool, thx alot, will test it...

Intel i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080, Windows 10 Home 64bit with 2004 Update

... if it would work in P3D. But in FSX it is an great addition.

Regards,

Chris

--

I was hoping that we would get something better from T2G

The comparison expressed by user nuitkati is the opinion of one single user. I might add another one: For me even with current errors (which will be corrected in a service pack) the T2G version is a million times better than the old Aerosoft version which in my opinion looks like a FS9/freeware scenery by today's standards. In addition, it doesn't have the new satellite terminal, runway lights don't work in P3D, buildings disappear in P3D depending on the viewing angle and so on. But to each his own...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

The comparison expressed by user nuitkati is the opinion of one single user. I might add another one: For me even with current errors (which will be corrected in a service pack) the T2G version is a million times better than the old Aerosoft version which in my opinion looks like a FS9/freeware scenery by today's standards. In addition, it doesn't have the new satellite terminal, runway lights don't work in P3D, buildings disappear in P3D depending on the viewing angle and so on. But to each his own...

And yours is the absolute truth ?

There are plenty others who are of the same opinion than nuitkati. I for one will keep using the old AS version (which is working fine even in P3D 2.5) and refrain from using the T2G version until a compehensive patch comes out and I do not have to rely on improvements of third parties.

• Upvote 1

Erhard

I9 11900k RTX 3080 TI 3 x 55" LED TV 4K, 2 more PCs for displays and hardware connection Prosim A320

I am with Carlito. The Aerosoft version needs a community patch to work in P3D (runway lights), eats frames like hell (and VAS) and is hopelessly outdated (like most of their sceneries for germany). After the hotfixes, I am more than happy with the T2G version.

Were did he say in his thoughts/opinions on the airport that, what am saying is the  "absolute truth" and in doing so implying he was saying others were untrue/ lieing?

It was simply his option nothing else. So behave.

Since I don't own it, I read all opinions and form my own.

So far imo from watching Matt's new vid with a good look round EDDM, T2G version looks great but of course needs a patch. If people want to use an old product that looks like it was patched 2 times (version 1.02) to be right then that's great use it. Enjoy.

I will wait for a patch then buy T2G version. Look from 11:50 >

https://youtu.be/oJXpS5lrhDk

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Did I say that? I wrote "I might add another one". If you have problems understanding the English language or correctly interpreting what I wrote then you should refrain from posting these kinds of aggressive answers. Thank you!

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

It was simply his option nothing else. So behave.

Thanks for translating, David! ;-)

I really like t2g but I kinda regret my purchase of eddm. The airport is unfinished and for some reason they were in rush to released. Major issues.. Hope for update soon. Does anyone has issues with missing jetways?

• Upvote 1