Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[01JAN16] New Year... New Updates for the 777 product line!

Hi,

I've never bought the 777 because i found my computer too slow for this aircraft. With the update do you think that i could run it now.

Here is my computer specs. CPU: i7 2700 3.5GHz 8MB:, MO ASUS Maximus 4 Extreme-Z,: Memory Corsair 8G DDR3 1866MHz, GPU: ASUS GTX580 1536MB, Cooling: Corsair H80, HD: HD 480GB SSD OCz, HDD Seagate 1T 7200RPM 32MB, Power Supply: Thermaltake 1000W, Windows 7 Pro 64bits

Also, this update already in the installer or i'll have to install it over the main installer?

Thank you very much and all the best for 2016.

Ok, I assume that the answer is no.....

Real Deraps

Sorry guys, but I can not believe that for a small upgrade, need to download 1 Gb of software, uninstall and reinstall the product, is a joke !!!!!?

Sorry guys, but I can not believe that for a small upgrade, need to download 1 Gb of software, uninstall and reinstall the product, is a joke !!!!!?

Small update? Did you even read the original post that the whole product was recompiled..?

It would be a solution, and as I said - im fully supportive of it.

I'm guessing my earlier post was intended to set expectations for the uninitiated. That is to say - those that think 64bit will solve all the ills of a unique platform with several 3rd party developers.

We can currently choose our friends we take to the beach, depending on the size of their fat arse in the car.

They will still have a fat arse on the bus ;) I guess that was my point, notwithstanding the extra space.

I'm not going to name names - but one in your list stands out as a very unoptimised example.

There is always that friend who brings an extra bag, or wants to ride with their feet up on another seat...

Ok, I assume that the answer is no.....

You need to find somebody with similar specs to share some experience.

On paper your system is ok in my opinion though it depends what OK means for you in terms of fps.

I've seen people having 10-15 fps and they were fine with it I'm a 25+ fps guy and anything below kills the fun for me for some reason lol.

Maybe try the 777 dedicated forum.

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

You should be thankful that they're still working on the product. It's only 1Gb.

You don't have to upgrade I guess

• Upvote 8

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

I was suspecting this...I wasn't sure...Could someone else confirm..what the FPS was prior to this update vs after this update.

So  if  one  person has  poor  fps  to another guys  who having  good  fps  so who's   word  are  your  going  to take.  It all depends  on  your  pc  and  what you have  installed

http://www.avsim.com/topic/481007-01jan16-new-year-new-updates-for-the-777-product-line/page-2#entry3349615  post 19

http://www.avsim.com/topic/245586-you-must-sign-your-full-real-name-to-posts-to-use-this-forum-posts-without-names-will-be-deleted/

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Thanks for the update :smile:

To all of you, Happy New Year :Four Leaf Clover:

Excellent news!! On my way to get the update.....Thank you and Happy New Year.

Nobody says you have to take advantage of it.  Continue to use what you have.

• Upvote 1

We have continued to evaluate the rare individual report of "memory leaks" but we have yet to find any that lead to an actual result that can be debugged and corrected.  Our primary mission focus is on the 747 at the moment, and will continue to be so- and it is unlikely that we would assert the entire development team to chase individual customer reports of problems not seen in wide circulation.

Robert, is there a chance you have any more leads at all with this? I suppose I fall into that "rare" category of users, and trying to continue my testing to isolate, troubleshoot, and maybe identify the culprit, but if your team has definitively ruled anything in or out, it may help steer my own data gathering for you. I know we came to the conclusion a few months back about ILS approaches with missed approach procedures that included a heading to intercept a radial and hold, but certainly we'll try to identify what else may be at play for the other remaining, troublesome approaches that have been identified.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

I gain more than 300 MB in VAS and a 1 GB download takes about 4 minutes for me. An easy decision as far as I'm concerned. Your milage may vary.

(Guess I better change my avatar now ...  :ph34r:  )

Ok guys, I did not know there were so many lawyers :), which made PMDG and I applaud and appreciate what they have done ... 

is to optimize the textures, this is a texture that weighed 16mb now weighs 1kb  to 4 mb maximum, adding MipMaps and recompiling the DDS, 

also change the DLL and models, and other fixes, that does not mean to uninstall and reinstall the whole product, with the PMDG Operations Center could have been upgraded without problems. ok ?.

You can also do this with other products that have performance problems ... here I leave a tutorial - http://www.avsim.com/topic/471107-guide-to-mipmapping-and-optimising-textures/

I did not want to offend anyone ... i'm sorry... I just hope that the next update to be made easier for us, good winds. ;)

I gain more than 300 MB in VAS and a 1 GB download takes about 4 minutes for me. An easy decision as far as I'm concerned. Your milage may vary.

(Guess I better change my avatar now ...  :ph34r:  )

Wow, 1GB takes me about 40 min - shows the sorry state of internet in Melbourne, Australia!

David Porrett

Wow, 1GB takes me about 40 min - shows the sorry state of internet in Melbourne, Australia!

Also in Argentina, the connections here are wires used in Europe and the United States, 1GB takes me 4-6 hours with tailwind and full moon.

Also in Argentina, the connections here are wires used in Europe and the United States, 1GB takes me 4-6 hours with tailwind and full moon.

I thought I had it bad!

David Porrett

If you ever intend to reinstall your flightsimulator platform you'll be happy to execute just one installer per aircraft. :wink: