Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[01JAN16] New Year... New Updates for the 777 product line!

Pardon my ignorance but what is GMCS functionality?

Do you know how to use the search feature for PDF documents? If you don't, let me know and I will show you how.

Great job PMDG !!! Very well done..!!

As well as many other users I can happily confirm a significant VAS footprint reduction and a subtle yet tangible overall handling improvement on both FSX-SE and P3D verions.

Just one observation: in the last few days I have completed a LHR-IAD-LHR rotation, flying LHR-IAD on FSX-SE and IAD-LHR on P3D V3.1. I noticed that on FSX-SE the VAS remained perfectly constant throughout the flight and slightly increased during approach (as it would be normally expected), while in P3D it increased slowly but constantly during the flight, even though I landed in LHR with 900 Mb VAS remaining. Installed addons were mostly the same on both Sims (Aerosoft EGLL, Flightbeam KIAD, ASN SP4, UTX Europe/USA V2.1, REX4 Soft Clouds, AivlaSoft EFB, FSGlobal 2010 mesh, etc....). The only difference is all addon airports except departure and destination deactivated in FSX via Scenery Config Editor, while all addons left activated in P3D. 

Again, really not an issue at all (900+ Mb remaining after an 8 hours flight with all addons in and textures @2048 would have been impossibile, but it is just a curiosity to understand if this is normal and caused by the different architecture of the two sims or if it is something related to my settings.

Regards

Ezio Cingolani

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

Finally installed the update yesterday.

My personal "stress test" in FSX -- which I use to establish "safe" settings in order to fly without concerns in any place -- is flying the 777 around Heathrow Xtended with FTX England enabled. Yeah. :P

Before this update, in this scenario, I could easily replicate an OOM when autogen was set to "dense". By decreasing autogen's density I found what I thought to be my system's limits.

After this update, I'm very happy to see I could increase the autogen density again in that scenario (EGLL, FTX England, bad weather etc.) without any sign of OOM warnings.

This update won't do miracles, I guess -- but it certainly has helped me a lot. More than I expected.

So again... thank you very much, PMDG team. I'm eagerly looking forward for the 747! (And heavens help me to pay for it, seeing how economy is going on in my country :tongue: ).

Kyle/Robert:

I definitely want to buy 747 V2.. but in dilemma on which platform to buy it - FSX or X-plane.. I recently started X-plane and have been blown away by the HDR graphics, etc.. but I know that you're still testing the waters on X-plane with the DC-6.. 

my question is will the 747 V2 be a completely new from the ground up product for X-plane or will it be a quick port from FSX? 

If its a completely new development, I can expect to wait at least until 2017 for it to hit the market.. 

Regards

Vinod Kumar.

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

Do we have any time frame when can we have update for boxed version through aerosoft? 

Best wishes

ashutosh nerurkar

Ash Nerurkar

Kyle/Robert:

I definitely want to buy 747 V2.. but in dilemma on which platform to buy it - FSX or X-plane.. I recently started X-plane and have been blown away by the HDR graphics, etc.. but I know that you're still testing the waters on X-plane with the DC-6.. 

my question is will the 747 V2 be a completely new from the ground up product for X-plane or will it be a quick port from FSX? 

If its a completely new development, I can expect to wait at least until 2017 for it to hit the market.. 

Regards

Vinod Kumar.

Wrong thread + wrong assumptions there mate.

Its a complete rebuild, and has been in progress for considerable time. See the pinned 747 thread.

See my signature regarding all we know about the release dates. ;)

Do we have any time frame when can we have update for boxed version through aerosoft? 

Best wishes

ashutosh nerurkar

See my signature regarding all we know about the release dates. ;)

Haha.. I'm very familiar with your signature.. have see. It in many forums..

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

Sorry, i wasnt specific. I was asking regarding PMDG777-200LR update release for boxed version.

Best wishes

Ashutosh nerurkar

Ash Nerurkar

Sorry, i wasnt specific. I was asking regarding PMDG777-200LR update release for boxed version.

Best wishes

Ashutosh nerurkar

We've sent the installer over, so they should have it ready to go relatively soon.

Kyle Rodgers

Just updated my T7 series. I have to say that you have done a very good job guys! It seems to run so fluid and smooth.

Evangelos Kagklis

QOTS driver

Started simming back in '95 ended up with a full time pilot job..

We've sent the installer over, so they should have it ready to go relatively soon.

Hi, Kyle,

Please give the save time and date of the most up-to-date installer downloadable from the PMDG web site.  I have several v. 7025 installers and want to be sure I have the final version.

I have the base installer saved 1/11/16 at 1:08 pm and accompanying 300ER installer.  No problems with 300ER windows and it loads flight plans properly into FSX and the wx.pln file into the proper folder, for both FSX:MS & FSX:SE (I have a dual install).

Thanks,

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Hello, for all Aerosoft  buyers, the latest update ( 1.10.70.25) is online on aerosoft support !

Just downloaded at this time ! 

Christian

Thanks Capt. Robert and PMDG.

Just got in from Dubai Al Maktoum (OMDW) to get this update. I have no OOM issues but installed it anyway. I followed all the instructions carefully and it worked fine. Can't wait to start my next flight - but not from Al Maktoum, it's not yet in FSX scenery.

Looking forward to 747 v2.

Bernard

Bernard Walford

...In our country, if we were taking 4 people to beach and only had 3 seats - the last one to the car would be piled in the boot (or trunk), and the driver would career around like a maniac to ensure max discomfort.

I know - as I've been the 4th man a few times :sad:

Hmm. I do not remember driving to the beach with you, but there were a few folks that I didn't know very well that rode to the beach in my trunk. One of them might have been you? Sorry about that little dirt road detour I took to get around Denton...  :Devil:

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440