Sign in to follow this  
DTG Martin

Ask Dovetail Games about DTG Flight School & Flight Simulator

Hi Martin,

I just watched the Flight Planner Tutorial. Continuing with something I mentioned before, the low-contrast  white on pastel grey text is really hard (for me) to read.  White on black would be best, but even a darker grey background would really help. I realize you are getting many many suggestions, sorry to add another, but for people with deteriorating vision attention to such things is really helpful (and easy to address, it's just a color contrast change). Thanks.

It's visible throughout the latter part of the video, but a good view of the problem is at about 22:19 in. You can see a road running straight across houses/fields/small roads etc in the underlying texture. Have to say this is an incredibly jarring effect when not flying at high altitude. Is there any plan to fix this for either Flight School or the main sim product coming later this year?

This isn't a trivial problem to solve. I'm sure DTG are aware of it and maybe have a long term plan. But not Flight School, even Flight Simulator is doubtful I would say. The mashup of ground textures and vector based objects will always cause issues as you simply don't know what the textures are displaying.

utxusa0.jpg

Ultimate Terrain X

Sure Ultimate Terrain can do some tricks and add a verge to a road or ensure bridges are shown when crossing a valley etc but to get a significant improvement in this area means making some fundamental design decisions - ref Xplane 10. If you are upset then in the short term you're probably better off waiting for some custom scenery packages which avoids these issues but a global solution is much more difficult to implement.

Apologies I've posted a reply to Martins thread - erm Martin same question thanks!

I've been following the news/info about DTG flight school and sim for months now and there is one thing that I haven't seen or heard anything about.  Are female pilots/avatars modeled in this sim?  I'm concerned because all I have seen are male pilots/students in all the videos and screenshots.

• Upvote 6

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

I've been following the news/info about DTG flight school and sim for months now and there is one thing that I haven't seen or heard anything about.  Are female pilots/avatars modeled in this sim?  I'm concerned because all I have seen are male pilots/students in all the videos and screenshots.

Thats a good suggestion and I think would be a nice feature. Not sure if Martin is still around, but it would be nice to hear if this is a possibility. 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Admins -

If you delete posts

at least have the courtesy

to post saying that you'd done so.

• Upvote 1

DTG, I'm sure you are aware that some of us simmers like to have a bit of fun?

(appologies to those that have been offended)

There were some valid questions asked, some off the wall stuff as well, the cabin door was opened, & some of us took the gap, as it were.

Do you approve of Admin saying :t0102:   & deleting whatever they see fit without any prior warning or notice?

Yes, we do realise this is a 'private' site & forum, but, unlike Prepar3d, surely we can be entertained here, & have a bit of tongue in cheek fun?

Afterall, It IS just a :db: game!! :db:

:Clown: :p0129:  

• Upvote 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

DTG, I'm sure you are aware that some of us simmers like to have a bit of fun?

(appologies to those that have been offended)

There were some valid questions asked, some off the wall stuff as well, the cabin door was opened, & some of us took the gap, as it were.

Do you approve of Admin saying :t0102:   & deleting whatever they see fit without any prior warning or notice?

Yes, we do realise this is a 'private' site & forum, but, unlike Prepar3d, surely we can be entertained here, & have a bit of tongue in cheek fun?

This is a "Ask DTG thread" not a LGBT and Womens off topic thread. Lets keep it that way and maybe the mods wont have to do clean ups like they did. It got wayyyyy off topic. 

• Upvote 3

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Is that an official comment & chastisation from an Avsim admin or moderator?

Yes, we do have female simmers & they are entitled to their rights as well.

I'm sure us guys will not be so pedantic if our chains & cages were rattled by girls?

DTG, will our female simmers be catered for?

(remember, it's only a game, as DTG has said)

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

Is that an official comment & chastisation from an Avsim admin or moderator?

The comments posted here were completely inappropriate and off-topic. This is a Q&A topic and not an area to mock other people's questions. 

Admins -

If you delete posts

at least have the courtesy

to post saying that you'd done so.

...and do you need an explanation on why they were hidden, I think it was pretty obvious and I have posted this several times in this topic!. Please have the courtesy to stay on topic.

This is a "Ask DTG thread" not a LGBT and Womens off topic thread. Lets keep it that way and maybe the mods wont have to do clean ups like they did. It got wayyyyy off topic. 

lol...it sure did.

• Upvote 1

Do you approve of Admin saying    & deleting whatever they see fit without any prior warning or notice?

That is really not our call Wobbie. We are a guest here on Avsim, and as such it is up to the moderators to run the thread as they see fit. From our point of view we don't mind a bit of banter here in the thread,, but we will respect the wishes of the mods as it is their house so to speak. 

- Martin 

Hi Martin,

can you tell us in which state DTGFS now is?

Still bugfixing, optimzation?

If so in which areas: graphics, functional, interface, core/engine... ?

Are you on track for release on 24th?

No problem, Martin. I appreciate that. Maybe I was an unruly  guest for a while there.

(but it was fun!)

Thanks for all your info, Martin.

Still no bathysphere activities in the new sim?

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

I hope not. Its a flight sim.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

There are some fundamental flightsim related stuff that isn't being covered in any significant degree of detail. I'd be annoyed if they put resource into diving.