Sign in to follow this  
JLuis

Flight1 - Cessna Citation Mustang for P3D v3 is coming...

Poster said -

I will be buying their next release on day one rather than the old Mustang, much prefer to save my money for new releases rather than straight ports from FSX

The   'Old Mustang ' ....to this day, who has aircraft that come with good operational level G1000 systems apart from Flight1 Mustang (King Air too) ????

I paid for 2    'other manufacturers'   G1000 aircraft and they are unusable....

I even asked Mindstar if they had one I could put in twin jets ... they said 'NO'.

Really guys  -  wise up !

mustang_banner_newstar2777.png

Any word on when it will actually be available at this price?  I can't find anything on the Flight 1 site.   I don't want to miss it.

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff Smith

System: i9-9900K@5.0GHz., ASUS Maximus XI Hero MB, 32 GB 3200 Hyper-X RAM, Corsair HX1000i PSU, Cooler Master ML360R RGB, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3, (2) Samsung 860 500GB SSD for Windows 10 Pro and sim, (2) M.2 NVMe 2TB, (2) WD Black 4TB HD for data, Samsung 65" 4K curved monitor @ 30Hz. (Currently running VSync, TB , Unlimited),YOKO+ yoke, VF TQ6+,TPR pedals, Logitech Multi, Switch, and Radio Panels

Software:  P3Dv4.5HF3 Pro, Ultimate Traffic Live, ASP3D, ASCA, ORBX, Fly Tampa, GSX/GSX2, PMDG, A2A, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado, Majestic.

On other computer: P3D v3.2.3, My Traffic 6.0a, PMDG, ORBX, A2A, Captain Sim , iFly, Flight 1, Flysimware, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado

Any word on when it will actually be available at this price?  I can't find anything on the Flight 1 site.   I don't want to miss it.

Thanks,

Jeff

They said probably this week.

Look Here

Well, if I want something badly enough (and it is within my financial range), I generally get it. I purchased the original FSX version in 2009, so that is not far short of seven years ago. I don't even equate the P3D version purchase as part of the same package, based on the huge timespan that has elapsed.

Well, the price is way to steep for a seven year old product...

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

I guess that depends on how you see it.

Plenty (if not most) older FSX planes are still full price,

and a ten years old Boxed FSX Gold at amazon is being offered at a bargain price of 219.99.

From my point of view and since I already put FSX to rest. At ~34.95 is a bargain if I want to use it on P3D.

Does it have a full updatable database and a VNAV system?

Updatable database yes, VNAV no.

Funny, it had the best G1000 when it was released and has the best G1000 today,  so being seven years old is not really relative in my eyes! 

Funny, it had the best G1000 when it was released and has the best G1000 today,  so being seven years old is not really relative in my eyes! 

You're right if you look at it that way. Still, charging full (although slightly reduced) price for a product that you already own a license for doesn't seem right. I do understand the reasoning that it is for a different platform, but why are there also developers offering their FSX content to Prepar3D customers for free? I'm perfectly willing to pay an upgrade price, but not the whole price again. Hence, the price is way to steep.

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Yes, but any developer who develops such a nice G1000 and then comes out with the GTN 750/650 has my support :smile:

It's folks like Flight1 and others that keep our sim world moving ahead, I see it as a small price to pay in the big picture! But to each their own!

Cheers

Martin

P.S. Even though the current G1000 does not have VNAV, they have added the "banana" which is the poor man's VNAV and works great and is easy to use!

• Upvote 2

The number one reason why I'm still using FSX is that I would have to pay again for my favorite airplanes.

That said, if I were using P3D, I would pay the upgrade price in a heartbeat. It's still one of my favorite jets and I would show my support to the developer. As was stated on their website, further development of this great add-on will depend on sales.

Those who are buying it for the first time are in for something special at a reduced price. Congrats!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

You're right if you look at it that way. Still, charging full (although slightly reduced) price for a product that you already own a license for doesn't seem right. I do understand the reasoning that it is for a different platform, but why are there also developers offering their FSX content to Prepar3D customers for free? I'm perfectly willing to pay an upgrade price, but not the whole price again. Hence, the price is way to steep.

On Dec 15, 2008, I paid $54.95 for the brand new Citation Mustang.  Having to pay $34.95 more than 7 years later is NOT a "full or slightly reduced price".  It equals a 36.4 % price reduction and that doesn't even take inflation into account.

I have always loved the Mustang and I am a FIRST DAY PURCHASER   :wub:

Thanks Jim Rhodes and the Flight 1 staff  :smile:

WAT1460.png

At least Eaglesoft released the CX 2.0 for P3D for zero cost and even updated it to include the ASN weather radar.

I will be buying their next release on day one rather than the old Mustang, much prefer to save my money for new releases rather than straight ports from FSX

Hold on folks, we've seen this movie. Folks say they want full featured Corporate Jets rather than "pretend" full featured Corporate Jets.

Here's your chance to support a developer who is no pretender to what you've asked for.

It happens that we were able to offer an FSX Product port to all the current Sim Platforms.

We've already encountered challenges to repeating that process for other products. Who's to say that Jim and Team don't face the same types of challenges.

Folks have asked which choice, ESCX2.0 or F1 Mustang? We've always answered get both . This is your hobby, enjoy it to the fullest. :smile:

• Upvote 5

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Thirty five bucks is a half a tank of gas in my four cylinder truck.

I'm fine with it.

Go Flight1!

Mark

Hold on folks, we've seen this movie. Folks say they want full featured Corporate Jets rather than pretend full featured Corporate Jets.

Here's your chance to support a developer who is no pretender to what you've asked for.

It happens that we were able to offer an FSX Product port to all the current Sim Platforms.

We've already encountered challenges to repeating that process for other products. Who's to say that Jim and Team don't face the same types of challenges.

Folks have asked which choice, ESCX2.0 or F1 Mustang. We've always answered get both . This is your hobby, enjoy it to the fullest. :smile:

Exactly. Short and Long range aircraft, IMO, the best of the lot

It is still the best small jet you can buy on flightsim.... shows just what a great plane it was when released (2008?) and still is to this day.. deserves ' Hall of Fame ' status !

Jim and Flight1 team must have done their homework and put a lot of effort into this cracking jet... it is still unparalled in todays market. Others efforts although a bit prettier, do not have the capability to even deviate from a flightplan and fly direct to a waypoint !

Looking forward to this P3D version and as Jim said an update along the way...

mustang_banner_newstar2777.png