Sign in to follow this  
JLuis

Flight1 - Cessna Citation Mustang for P3D v3 is coming...

I hope performance is much improved, otherwise I'm out. Paid for this once before, maybe got 2 or 3 hrs flying time, and could not stand the low performance in and out of airports. 

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Well...I for one love these types of add-ons and will be an instant purchaser when available.

If we don't support these sort of things they simply won't exist guys!

Yep, same here but I updated my system and what a difference. It does take resources, ones needs a system that can handle it, so yes if you have an older system I would not recommend it! I now have a 4790K and 970 video card, runs fine!

As I have stated previosuly, I purchased the Mustang when my PC was a 2.83Ghz Core 2 Quad (at the standard clock frequency)/4GB RAM/512MB GeForce 9800GT powered system, and the performance (in VC mode; I don't use anything else) was perfectly acceptable. That being the case, it is puzzling why some people have apparently struggled with much more powerful systems :huh:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

On Dec 15, 2008, I paid $54.95 for the brand new Citation Mustang.  Having to pay $34.95 more than 7 years later is NOT a "full or slightly reduced price".  It equals a 36.4 % price reduction and that doesn't even take inflation into account.

I have always loved the Mustang and I am a FIRST DAY PURCHASER   :wub:

Thanks Jim Rhodes and the Flight 1 staff  :smile:

Thanks for the reminder. I hadn't realized the price reduction was that big. That suits the age of the product much better. But I'm still convinced it is not fair to the customer to charge full (much reduced  :Tounge:) price again for a license to use the exact same product in a different sim. I suspect adapting the Citation to Prepar3D doesn't take all the time and recourses it took to develop the product from scratch. To me that doesn't justify charging a full price, period. Again, why do some developers do this and others don't? Let's just say I have a lot more sympathy for developers that offer their products for free or with a reduced upgrade price.

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

What are PMDG charging for their aircraft...  and you have to buy twice for FSX and P3D. Carenado ?

Some developers are making aircraft one after the other and flooding to get returns....  they are also charging in some cases way more than the Mustang,  for aircraft that look pretty but have no decent avionics...  that is probably the hardest most time consuming and frustrating part for the developer.

To develop the systems will cost more to the developer....  and that is the kind of plane we want, right ?  Surely we want a plane that looks good but functions even better ? 

Any developer that spends the time and resources to develop quality for us, deserves support for us.

I have sympathy for quality at a fair price.... and this is.

PS.  'Rimshot'  do you actually own the Mustang ?  are you speaking from a purchasers point of view or are you just stating what you think without having flown it ?

mustang_banner_newstar2777.png

Maybe the licensing issues are significant with the Mustang? Flight1 may have had to renegotiate with Cessna and Garmin for a P3D licence?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

ME:  "Hey Doc, how come I gotta pay $2 every single day for this pill that costs the pharmaceutical company a penny to make."

DOCTOR:  "Because that pill is keeping you alive, son"

ME:  "Oh, ok, thanks"  :vava:

• Upvote 1

WAT1460.png

PS.  'Rimshot'  do you actually own the Mustang ?  are you speaking from a purchasers point of view or are you just stating what you think without having flown it ?

I purchased the Mustang pretty soon after the initial release.

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

I purchased the Mustang pretty soon after the initial release.

Mine is Mustang #501-0245 and I still fly it occasionally in FSX/DX10 which is where it will stay.

Mine is Mustang #501-0245 and I still fly it occasionally in FSX/DX10 which is where it will stay.

....curious to know what you are going to use to replace it  (in P3D)...  or are you just going to miss out on that category of flying altogether ? Personally , I like to fly small jets, I don't know of a suitable replacement.

mustang_banner_newstar2777.png

....curious to know what you are going to use to replace it (in P3D)... or are you just going to miss out on that category of flying altogether ?

I will still fly it in FSX/DX10 so I won't be missing out on flying small jets.

I can't see the point in buying my existing addons again for P3D, if new installers become available at no cost I will install them but would rather wait for new products to be released.

I made an exception for the NGX only because I have a Goflight MCP panel and virtualFMC that support it.

I guess that makes sense for someone who is using FSX and P3D, but many of us dumped FSX a long time ago.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

For anyone thinking of passing this up for whatever reason, the new Carenado CJ2 is finally "on final"

For anyone thinking of passing this up for whatever reason, the new Carenado CJ2 is finally "on final"

Hmmm, Carenado vs this????  Really???  Not even a comparison here!!!  If you really are that unhappy that Flight1 is charging you again that you would rather buy Carenado...

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024