Sign in to follow this  
pmb

Discussion Thread for the "Ask Dovetail Games..." Thread!

It`s looking better and better. And the things Martin is talking about are also getting better.

Found my hope back :wink:

Why no in game footage or screenshots of the PA-28 Warrior?

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

Why no in game footage or screenshots of the PA-28 Warrior?

Martin already posted the schedule, after the PA-18, comes screens of the PA-28. 

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

Looking at those latest screen shots makes me think...Wow, this a huge improvement over my FSX DX10 visuals.  Knowing how screen shots rarely do justice to the experience had when the screen shot was made only further increases my enthusiasm.  IMO those who complain "it'll never be good enough" just should go play GTA IV or DCS or whatever floats their boat and leave the rest of us alone.

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

I just hope it will be smooth and there won't be blurries issues with the terrain and all those little things that makes us lose a lot of time  tweaking instead of playing

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

One thing that I think that is worth highlighting is this answer from Martin to a question about a publically available SDK.

To me this reads as though the SDK won't be available for at least a couple of years. This does allow DTG to work with professional payware companies to refine and tweak the SDK. It also hopefully means that the initial add-ons/DLC should be of decent quality. Obviously the downside is that we will have no alternative to payware in the first few years.

Obviously some people will be outraged at this but I'll wait and see what happens first before getting on my high horse.

Can I kill this discussion off straight away. Martin is refering to user generated content. The same way a user of the game can go into DCS World simulator and create a mission. This has nothing to do with an SDK. I would imagine Orbx are already using a primative version of the SDK for Flight School so I would expect this to be available on launch or soon after for the full simulator.

It`s looking better and better. And the things Martin is talking about are also getting better.

Found my hope back :wink:

The planes look amazing for stock planes. DTG have there work cut out to maintain this standard in the full sim.

Love the detailing around Prescott Municipal airfield especially, there is a nice clarify of the airfield itself and the custom buildings. Clearly this attention to detail can only be done on a selected few airfields for the full sim but it's nice to see DTG modelling capabilities are in evidence and that we'll be in good hands content wise come the full release at the end of the year.

Looking forward to the shadow updates.

Only 3 1/2 weeks to go before we get our hands on this guys  :smile: 

Anyone have any thoughts on what Martin said the other day about changes in aircraft handling?

FSX aircraft settings could be tweaked by the Manufacturers to make something react more like a Cessna than a 737.

Do we think Dovetail will just tweak the settings or could we see some internal changes to the flight dynamics engine?

We know flight dynamics and realistc aircraft handling are due a major overhaul in the main sim, just wondering if we'll see bits of it in Flight School.

Clouds certainly look better

But the sky is still lavender-purple -- RGB 116, 134, 208 -- in the closeup shot of the plane:

https://www.facebook.com/dtgflightschool/photos/pcb.624688587707991/624688337708016/?type=3&theater

Load that RGB color into Photoshop or MS Paint and look at it in isolation. That's not a realistic sky color. There is still that odd cyan tinge at the horizon too.

It's just weird, because skies are a realistic blue in the DTG train sims. It's not that critical for Flight School, but I think there is a legitimate concern that if they think this is what a sky looks like, it could bleed over into the later Flight Simulator. I know users like to play with 3rd party tools and add-ons to adjust sky effects to taste, but the baseline should look closer to reality (IMO). Like their train sims.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Nice.... thanks for the new shots. I think the sky color has already been improved... love the wheel pants! :)

Ken

Sky colours are infinitely variable - I think you are being excessively paranoid over this :wink: .

Rob Jones.

Sky colours are infinitely variable - I think you are being excessively paranoid over this :wink: .

You mean in reality, or with add-on tools for a given flight sim? That's not a color I've ever seen in a real sky. I'm just trying to help this be a better product, more picky than paranoid.  :smile:

I admit I'm picky. I'm retired from a career that involved a lot of aerial photography in light planes and helicopters, and then another career in graphic design after that. So yeah, I'm a bit sensitive to color range. I don't see how anyone would think those are realistic sky colors, but there is some variance in human color vision, and the colors may look different on a non-calibrated monitor. The one I'm using is calibrated (because I still do some graphics work on the side), so I'm pretty sure I'm seeing lavender skies there. It's clear from the RGB values, at any rate.

• Upvote 1

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Interesting points you make; I'm not having a go at you :smile: .

Rob Jones.

I don't think its the sky color so much as it is the bloom.  the arrow behind the aircraft has a red or purple tint and the snow appears blue green and so do the high clouds.  I think its the bluegreen high clouds that make the sky appear more purple.  Bloom seems to create blue greens in P3d...as if the routine was only a brighten and not a lighten (and I am not a graphics expert by any means)

The cloud behind the tail is dark bluegreen with a hard purple halo of sorts.  that's not right in my opinion.

Considering the way the lighting pixels can effect the sky, maybe they should either shut off bloom for some screenshots or use a sky with white pixels 2,3 and 4.

I just think theres too much red in the sun.  and I wish the ground were warmer and the sun on the plane [existed].

and also -- what does the sky look like without any clouds in it?  If the low clouds have a hard purple halo then the high cirrus textures probably do too.  Ive noticed that in P3D as well.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.