Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rsrandazzo

[08MAY16] PMDG DC-6 Update - Beta Testing Nearly FInished for X-Plane Release!

75 posts in this topic

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thanks for the update Rob! I think I can almost smell the oil that will soon be leaking out from my computer. Looking forward to the next update and soon, the release.

Just fantastic... speechless update guys.

Can't wait for this, I'm so happy to fully support X-plane nowdays, best decision ever.

Thank you.

M. Duarte

Fascinating update, thanks Robert.

As a recent convert to the funky world of X-Plane myself, I'd certainly be interested to hear you flesh out a little further your team's thoughts on the platform and its future potential. X-Plane vs ESP threads often degenerate into childish 'your OOM is bigger than mine' silliness but it would be fascinating to get an objective take on the matter from a developer with experience of both.

Ok, how many pple are now x-plane exclusive. After the IXEG- no way im going to buy the DC6  for any other platform. Im so in love with X plane!

Ok, how many pple are now x-plane exclusive. After the IXEG- no way im going to buy the DC6  for any other platform. Im so in love with X plane!

Never been anything but. Can't wait for this thing to be released, super excited.

Can't wait to fire up those engines! Will be an instant buy for me.

Great year: The DC-6, the IXEG, and FlyJsims extensive 727 update. I probably won't fly much else than those three in 2016. :smile:

Great work as always from Pmdg !

Just out of interest a question from a programming layman::

"Initial release will take place on the X-Plane platform, with FSX/FSX-SE and Prepar3D versions to follow."

Is it possible to recuperate some of the X-plane coding or programming for FSX or will the Fsx version have to be redone from scratch?

Guy

Looks great! Will the GNS430 be custom, too (with more functions than the already good default one)?

Looks great! Will the GNS430 be custom, too (with more functions than the already good default one)?

It's the default. We concentrated on the aircraft itself. The whole point was to avoid all of the custom displays, complex FBW, and other higher level automated stuff that we have in our more modern products, so that we could learn the ins and outs of X-Plane as a platform.

It's the default. We concentrated on the aircraft itself. The whole point was to avoid all of the custom displays, complex FBW, and other higher level automated stuff that we have in our more modern products, so that we could learn the ins and outs of X-Plane as a platform.

Thanks for the answer, I see. No problem at all :)

Nice job to all involved! Looking forward to the FSX release (when it is time). I will go on ahead and fork over my $12,000,000.   :Party: