Sign in to follow this  
planenut

P3d Regrets

Of course it does Jon, we are all pleased for you really.

Like explaining to someone that uses DOS 3.1, the advantages of Windows... :wink:

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

That is one of the most unappealing vids I've seen. My fs9 smashes that into next week.

:fool:

whatever you say, grandpa

I've been flying MSFS (and its ESP derivatives) since the early 90's.  Each new version has improved upon its predecessors both graphically, and in terms of flight dynamics.  You can like FS9 all you want, no one's going to show up at your house and force you to switch.  Just put down the cough syrup for awhile and back away from they keyboard before you get laughed off the forums.  

All those shadows look over done. No loss.

I do actually. My 256 look better then my 1024 orbx textures. And FSX ALWAYS overdid the distance rendering. Too unnatural. As you seen in the screens, FS9 perfectly replicates the realistic horizon and distance. Only X-plans betters it. The other two fall far short in that regard. Shame, they could've been something.

But like you said, it IS a 'Flight simulation'. And exactly how I use it.

Who are you trying to convince, others or yourself?  Given the frequency you trumpet this obsolete software, it sure seems like the latter....

Matt King

So that's why so many 3rd party content providers still use FS2002 SDK and cripple us ALL ... it's all Jon's fault!!  haha

But seriously, there is a lot more in P3D V3.3 than avatar mode, many new features in the SDK that have yet to see the light of day from 3rd party content providers ... some of those new features are specifically aimed at commercial use and have nothing to do with visuals.

LM is currently the largest development team of any current FS platform, most of the work that has been done is towards a greater goal.  But if you are more interested in aircraft systems, then no better company to do that than Lockheed Martin who actually produce real world aircraft and more ... it's about as "serious" of a company as you can get ... tag along for the ride, you might find something you like.

Give content providers time to catchup and I think you'll start to see some pretty impressive features beyond just the visuals ... 2016 is going to be a very good year for P3D.

Cheers, Rob.

Sounds exactly the same as FSX. Think I'll stick with fs9...

We know, you've mentioned it countless times here. We also know you love King Airs and iFly products as you've told us how wonderful iFly is millions of times and how wonder the RNP approaches are that you fly in the IFly 737. We also know that FSX and P3D look like cartoons to you.

Rather than telling us the same things all the time, why not mention something different, or for that matter why even bother posting in the P3D or FSX forums at all since you despise both sims so much?

If that turns out to be the case, I'll buy it. No questions asked. :)

According to one of the other aliases you use to post here for bashing and trolling purposes, you already own a version of P3D.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

OMG...please no more about decrepit FS9...it's completely irrelevant to this topic.

spacer.png

No questions asked. :)

Yes, we won't ask you how many sheep you sold to buy it. That would be illegal under the Australian Privacy Act.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

If that turns out to be the case, I'll buy it. No questions asked. :)

Invest $10.00 in a one month license and then get back to us.  I've been flying SIMs on PC since the 80's, tried a couple months of Prepar3D and purchased the full license.  I still have FSX installed, but hardly touch it.

I9 12900K @5.2Ghz  64 GB DDR4, RTX 4090, Win 11 Pro, 15 TB on 5 SSD's

So, on that intellectual high note, What does Golf and Marriage have in common....? Both has the high potential to lose your balls :Pig:

Never played Golf, but I concur vis a vie Marriage :crazy:

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Sounds exactly the same as FSX. Think I'll stick with fs9...

I have the Ngx and flight 1 b200 King air in FSX. Along with some orbx and payware scenery. I have around 10 Carenado aircraft. And have said already I'll buy p3d. AND I said dos is a great program. So I don't see the problem. Maybe you need to adjust your pressurisation controls?

Yeah....nah. Although I know they're are MANY who do that here and quite regularly carry on quite interesting MAJOR discussions on avism and many are the same person.

But yeah.....nah.

There are many other examples like the above quotes.

Trolling is not allowed here at AVSIM (please read the AVSIM Terms of Service (again)).  I have banned you from this topic.  Please do not do this again.  I have also been placed in the moderator queue which means any future posts on AVSIM must be approved first by a Moderator.

• Upvote 9

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I am seriously looking at P3D now andso am investigating my mondo FSX pay ware addons compatibility wise. Looks good so far. Big exception is my PMDG products whereby I would be forced to repurchase. Looking at the ifly 747.

spacer.png

So, on that intellectual high note, What does Golf and Marriage have in common....? Both has the high potential to lose your balls

Lol   the  difference is that golf balls   don't  cost  that much  to replace :)  where as  ever  tried  replacing  your other half  in marriage

• Upvote 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I am seriously looking at P3D now andso am investigating my mondo FSX pay ware addons compatibility wise. Looks good so far. Big exception is my PMDG products whereby I would be forced to repurchase. Looking at the ifly 747.

Have you considered keeping both sims and using FSX when you feel like flying PMDG aircraft? That's what I do.

Lol   the  difference is that golf balls   don't  cost  that much  to replace :)  where as  ever  tried  replacing  your other half  in marriage

You and I must be playing with different balls...everytime I lose a Pro V1, it's comparable to burning a $5 bill. At least my wife makes good money, the ball only brings me frustration...stupid ball....

• Upvote 1

Matt King

You and I must be playing with different balls...everytime I lose a Pro V1, it's comparable to burning a $5 bill. At least my wife makes good money, the ball only brings me frustration...stupid ball....

Lol, I know the feeling. I've since started playing the Pro V1 "Practice" balls which are essentially X-outs but no real difference. You can get them for around $30 a dozen or $2.50 per ball. Losing one at that price doesn't sting the wallet as much.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator