Sign in to follow this  
basementflyguy

How I Know P3D 4.0 Is Just Around The Corner

And you are not seeing the v4 in your cart?

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

2 minutes ago, Manny said:

Add something to the shopping  cart (some v3 version product)  and then go to the cart.

I added pro v3 to my cart.  Didn't show v4

Hmm.... I am stumped. 

Manny

They probably ran out. Not up to full production speeds yet.

• Upvote 2

I logged into another PC and tried and this time I did not see it in my cart.

But I still have that in my cart on my laptop asking for my credit card! Ha HA! Now, I do not know what to do. 

Manny

I was tempted to enter the CC and since there is no link yet for download. I am going to wait.. They probably were testing the store and few people have purchased it and have an e-mail with the licence# but no download link as yet.. (see Facebook for Prepar3D)

Manny

13 hours ago, eaim said:

though i'm not too sure how much of a threat FSW is to P3D V4.

None. Although I think the commercial revenue from casual users propably helps support P3D's ongoing sustainability somewhat.    Those who use it already will definitely be getting V4 - and at £20 a pop for FSW, why would you not take a punt and poke around at it?

Since LM's Prepar3d crew are going to be delivering a talk on V4 at FlightsCon, one can only assume that they actually have something to say which will appeal to a broad aviation and flightsim crowd.  It's probably a safe bet that it'll be 64 bit, and I dare say it's a safe bet that it too will feature windshield rain effects.

• Upvote 2

If developers like Orbx, PMDG , Hiofitech sim , REX and several scenery developers will start to develop products for FSW it surely will be a threat on the "entert.." market...   

However, LM is more professional orientated. We are just a small welcome addition to that.     

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Given we arent the target market and more of a bonus benefit right now, we better hope for good things with FSW.  Whos to say LM wont pull the plug on us all or make very specific requirements for purchase all of a sudden. They are at flight sim con, so its probably safe bet we are still included, but if the day happens from upper management laying the boom, we will be going to one of the other platforms or just staying with V3. Good to have diversified options in place. 

• Upvote 1

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

7 minutes ago, GSalden said:

If developers like Orbx, PMDG , Hiofitech sim , REX and several scenery developers will start to develop products for FSW it surely will be a threat on the "entert.." market...   

However, LM is more professional orientated. We are just a small welcome addition to that.     

The question is though, who will the developers support.  The current Steam/DTG revenue sharing model sounds heavy handed - but it is likely that the broad reach to the Steam masses, makes up for that.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ErichB said:

I dare say it's a safe bet that it too will feature windshield rain effects.

what have you seen or heard that gives you that impression please?

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png