Sign in to follow this  
cowpatz

FS Labs A320 FSX release set for 18 Aug

I'm having a hard time understanding the complaints about price. 100 bucks for, what, hundreds if not thousands of hours of enjoyment. I fail to see the problem.

Now, I hope they'll release it for P3D ASAP. Man, I don't like waiting...  :smile:

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

It's about accessibility. Think of those who do want this aircraft and can't afford it. We are not buying a car here so don't use that analogy. I think by pricing it right, it would be more accessible to others. Not everyone can shell out $100, and please don't say oh but you can spend that much in a night of going out, or buying some coffee machine. Not everyone does that. Some people are more frugal or like to conserve their money, because of their situation. Not everyone can comfortably spend that kind of money on an add-on. I would like to purchase this unfortunately the price isn't right for me. So I'll pass for the time being. And to those who can afford this, enjoy. I'm sure it's worth it.

It is the same thing as buying a car, a computer, a meal, a tv, etc, etc, etc. if we went by what you are saying here, everything would cost whatever the buyer could afford and that just isn't the way this works. Just because someone can't afford it doesn't mean they should sell for less.

Agreed. A lot of people have a I-want-it-all and I-want-it-now mentality. When it comes to software some people even have a I-have-the-right-to-have-it-all mentality. If you don't have the money for something save for it or forget about it. If this hobby is too expensive for you, get another hobby. Simple as that. Asking a developer to lower their prices because you want to is a bit odd.

And why the heck does an addon like this HAVE to be accessible?! That is a bit nonsense and just another way of saying I-want-it-but-I-only-want-it-cheap. I never ever thought about accessibility being a main factor when it comes to flightsim addons. As if it is a matter of life and death. Weird. Daily bread and water has to be accessible, an Airbus doesn't.

Exactly!!! But this is the world we live in these days. Everyone is ENTITLED to anything they want. And, if they can't get it, there's someone else to blame for that.
  • Upvote 1

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Personally I think it's a bit expensive to pay $125 (incl VAT) for an addon

What....VAT isn't included in the price?

I have a slightly different view on that. Of course, they can ask whatever price they want. But asking $100+ is not only bad for us but actually for FSLabs themselves. Given the fact that there is a very decent Airbus add-on on the market which a lot of simmers, casual as well as hardcore simmers, already have in their hangar, I assume that there are A LOT of potential customers which will not buy the FSLabs at this price point (because they already own the other Bus and are not willing to pay $100+ just to get more complex systems). This is lost revenue for them. I'm very confident that they would sell more than twice the copies at half the price. By the way, these are exactly the economics at work for titles like GTA V. And these games have much higher development costs than an Airbus add-on for flight sim. So all this "It is such a complex add-on therefore the price is right" is quite a lame argument.

• Upvote 4

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

http://www.csun.edu/~dgw61315/ECON600lect3.pdf

:smile:

The only exception I can make is ...if one is addicted to crack..then the concept of elasticity of demand has no elasticity... one would be willing to pay anything (and commit crime to get the money) for a vile of crack if addicted. (Or ones family member a lovedone is very sick and need expensive treatment vs monopolistic predatory pricing practices of suppliers. A totally different discussion and not relevant here)

That way some of us are addicted to simming .....Just sayin!  :Tounge:

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Every time there is a major aircraft release this argument starts up again. Is the price too high? I guess the market will determine that. If it is too high then FSL will either have to lower their price or sit on their software. I'm one of those old guys who is on a fixed income. I have another hobby that is infinitely more expensive than flightsimming. I have a 120 gallon reef tank so that's where most of my disposable income goes. Will I get the FSL Bus? I might. It depends on the reviews and how badly I might want the additional realism that it might add over the Aerosoft offering.

NAX669.png

I have been waiting for a solid Airbus for a while, the Aerosoft didn't quite feel like what I was looking for. This will be the gap that fits me. Do I think the price is slightly too high? Yes I do. However this wont keep me from buying it. I do look forward to the P3D version ASAP.

Folks at the end of the day, the price is what it is and this topic won't change that...many of you seem to know little about FSLabs and perhaps you should have followed the development or past product(s). Until previews are shown, no one should discredit the product and it's value. This price war happens year after year with every major release and in the end most ppl buy it anyway when they see how good it is. So just wait and then offer your comments.

• Upvote 1

y572_3.jpgC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Marlon Carter - AVSIM Reviewer

I seriously cannot understand why people complain about the pricing. These guys are running a business, they have spent years developing this product, which, according to the information available on their site, is going to be a PMDG like product.

I think the pricing is reasonable, and one can certainly wait for the product to be out to get feedback from customers, and make your own judgement. 

They are like you and I, trying to make a living and feed their families. The product is not even out and some are already whining

John

I have a slightly different view on that. Of course, they can ask whatever price they want. But asking $100+ is not only bad for us but actually for FSLabs themselves. Given the fact that there is a very decent Airbus add-on on the market which a lot of simmers, casual as well as hardcore simmers, already have in their hangar, I assume that there are A LOT of potential customers which will not buy the FSLabs at this price point (because they already own the other Bus and are not willing to pay $100+ just to get more complex systems). This is lost revenue for them. I'm very confident that they would sell more than twice the copies at half the price. By the way, these are exactly the economics at work for titles like GTA V. And these games have much higher development costs than an Airbus add-on for flight sim. So all this "It is such a complex add-on therefore the price is right" is quite a lame argument.

I think this goes two ways.  I own the Aerosoft buses and almost never fly them.  The main reason is that I know they are not an accurate simulation and that is what I am looking for.....no necessarily for the failures but accurate in a typical flight leg.  For simmers who want only the most accurate simulations you actually end up spending less money than those that will buy anything and everything.  I am at the point now where I only buy Majestic, PMDG, A2A and FSL...its really not that much when you think of maybe one purchase a year at the most.  I agree that for those that just want a bus they will be drawn to Aerosoft.

• Upvote 2

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

If any developer produces a product which is near perfect in terms of flight modelling and functionality, then i would pay any price. these developers deserve it.

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

...not necessarily for the failures but accurate in a typical flight leg.

I'm in the same camp.  I'm not likely to get much use out of the failures and non-normal procedures, but there's a degree of polish in top-end add-ons that comes across even in normal operations - the ability to hit a complex set of constraints, for example.  I'm torn, because I really like the idea of midrange products like those from Aerosoft and Quality Wings, but in practice, the high-end stuff feels more satisfying and gives me less weirdness.

I'm sure others will disagree...  B)

I assume that there are A LOT of potential customers which will not buy the FSLabs at this price point (because they already own the other Bus and are not willing to pay $100+ just to get more complex systems). This is lost revenue for them. I'm very confident that they would sell more than twice the copies at half the price.

+1

I'm in the same camp.  I'm not likely to get much use out of the failures and non-normal procedures, but there's a degree of polish in top-end add-ons that comes across even in normal operations - the ability to hit a complex set of constraints, for example.  I'm torn, because I really like the idea of midrange products like those from Aerosoft and Quality Wings, but in practice, the high-end stuff feels more satisfying and gives me less weirdness.

I'm sure others will disagree...  B)

I think this feeds into the flight simmers fantasy that if they were every on a flight and somebody had to fly the plane due to crew incapacitation (and the door somehow opened) that you the flight sim hero would know exactly what to do. 

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000