Sign in to follow this  
cowpatz

FS Labs A320 FSX release set for 18 Aug

Could we close the Matt bashing now?

Absolutely not my intention, I'm actually glad that he streamed it, as it's one of the few videos available at this stage (early adopters, where are you? :smile:). It was convicing enough, so just pointing out that there's quite a bit more to Airbus flying than what was to be seen when you dig deep enough into the manuals.

I absolutely loved the Airline 2 Sim introduction videos, I take it they even tried to get some of their pilots to join along, but alas they were all busy flying the real thing. Still Ben conveyed some useful bits of expertise. The final series should be fantastic. Input from actual pilots is the icing on the cake after going through all the available training resources.

I absolutely loved the Airline 2 Sim introduction videos

Absolutely!!!!  These guys are, IMO, hands down the best at putting together videos on aircraft.  Just love the format and how they go about it.  I think they are going to do something w/ this a/c, right?  Can't remember now but if so, I will be one of the first in line to buy it!!!!

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Absolutely!!!! These guys are, IMO, hands down the best at putting together videos on aircraft. Just love the format and how they go about it. I think they are going to do something w/ this a/c, right? Can't remember now but if so, I will be one of the first in line to buy it!!!!

Yes absolutely. 777 this year, we'll try to get the A320 Cadet + FO course some point early next. We've gone to P3D now so can't do anything until the P3D version arrives.

• Upvote 3

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

Yes absolutely. 777 this year, we'll try to get the A320 Cadet + FO course some point early next. We've gone to P3D now so can't do anything until the P3D version arrives.

Awesome!!!!  Can't wait!!!!  In the same boat too...waiting (patiently???) for the P3D version of this plane!  It's like torture watching these videos and hearing all the talk but not being able to buy it. Been looking so forward to this aircraft!!!

• Upvote 2

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Awesome!!!!  Can't wait!!!!  In the same boat too...waiting (patiently???) for the P3D version of this plane!  It's like torture watching these videos and hearing all the talk but not being able to buy it. Been looking so forward to this aircraft!!!

You and me both! I want this one. Now...  :wub:

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

You can't be serious? The VC in the PMDG 737 NGX is very high quality. If it had "awful graphics", then I wouldn't be using it:

Serious yes. High quality yes. Bad paint job..yes. Feels like a steel train cab. The greys a little (largely) overdone in my opinion.

You can't be serious? The VC in the PMDG 737 NGX is very high quality. If it had "awful graphics", then I wouldn't be using it.

Have you ever flown the IXEG 737? Then you know what he is talking about. Especially the horrible geometry of the VC in the PMDG NGX with the oversized windows bothers me a lot since I also fly the IXEG which looks ten times more realistic in this regard. And the texturing is also not up to date anymore. I love the NGX but there are better add-ons when it comes to visuals.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Have you ever flown the IXEG 737? Then you know what he is talking about. Especially the horrible geometry of the VC in the PMDG NGX with the oversized windows bothers me a lot since I also fly the IXEG which looks ten times more realistic in this regard. And the texturing is also not up to date anymore. I love the NGX but there are better add-ons when it comes to visuals.

1+ NGX looks dated inside only but still a super product 

Rich Sennett

Well, it doesn't look dated to me, but then I am not looking at it rendered in 4 billion pixels across three state of the art 50" monitors.

• Upvote 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

From what I have seen thus far the FSL A320 just doesn't look quite right to me - too pointy? I will be interested to see how the P3D version turns out. Plus to be honest I am happy with my Aerosoft, I think this version may be too advanced for me anyhow.  

I am more interested in the Aerosoft A330 release - hopefully not many more months...

• Upvote 1

Well, it doesn't look dated to me, but then I am not looking at it rendered in 4 billion pixels across three state of the art 50" monitors.

Want to fill me in on how to setup the monitor please - terrain textures are very dark during dusk and dawn and wondering what I am missing maybe due to hdr ? do you use hdr also

Rich Sennett

I do use HDR now, but I haven't done anything with the monitor. To be honest, I would actually like to be able to restrict the brightness of daylight to a considerable extent. The world looks a lot better (to me) at dawn and dusk than it does in broad daylight, and that low light level masks some of the "colour saturation flaws" that are evident in various parts of the England & Wales VFR Photographic Scenery.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

While some of us are waiting for the P3D Version, it would really help to have some tutorial like these ones for the PMDG 747

1) A quick tutorial like this. The best tutorial that got me simming with the PMDG 747 for the very first time... Just the sequence of steps to do without explanation of why I am to perform that step

http://smithplanet.com/fs2004/pmdg/

and 

2) A comprehensive Tutorial like this. With reasons behind why I do each step.

http://roman.freeworld-airways.com/oldfiles/files/Training/pmdg_744_tut/pmdg_744_tutorial.pdf

The Airline2Sim first look video parts1/2 is an easy way to get up and fly by following what he does. It's not a tutorial and an exact step by step guide but you can follow what the video shows and complete a flight.  https://www.youtube.com/user/flyairline2sim/videos

While he never demanded donations as a condition to watch his content, he has asked for donations to the point of establishing a patreon account. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Dj740UGdaY

He established a Patreon account to actually help the community with their computer and flight sim problems. If you donate then you get access to his forum or something he talked a little bit about it one stream when he said he was overwhelmed with questions about setting up computers and flight sim and decided to go the patreon way to setup a community.

1920 pixels do have their perks, don't they? :smile:

• Upvote 1

Wouldn't it make sense to get a jump using the FSX version? Then some videos would be available before the P3D version comes along. It's always nice to study the videos before the product comes out.

Unless the P3D version won't be far behind.

Just thinking out loud :)