Sign in to follow this  

Orbx: new rules

.  They are all now downloading and installing into the sim. 

You get C3, open an account at OD and transfer from FSS. If your sceneries are already installed in the sim, there is no need to reinstall anything. 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

You can disable regions and individual airfields in the Scenery Library. I do that all the time.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I downloaded the new FTX central V3 ...It would not take my user name. I had to creatte a NEW account with an email address and password to log in. It did not accept my forum password.

So, I had to create a new password using my email address which I did... I wanted to transfer my files from FFS to the new FTX V3, and do it as per the instructions from JV ... but wth my forum login, I get:

And with my "New FTC Central 3" login to update my library, I get:

I am totally bumm-fuzzled here, and since I can't get John Venema's instructions on how to do this fraking set up I guess I'm screwed to a post.

Well maybe not screwed but certainly disgusted.

OK, what am I doing wrong now?

Chas

Concerning the 'Sorry, we can't show this content' message: you will get that when you aren't logged in to the forum. Are you sure you are actually logged in? The login for the forum and OrbxDirect/FTX3 are completely seperate! So use your old forum login for the forum and your new OrbxDirect login for FTXC3 and OrbxDirect! (It is correct that FTXC3 didn't accept your forum login: everyone has to register for OrbxDirect/FTXC3!)

Concerning the 'You do not have access to this build' message: you will get that when you aren't logged in to FTXC3 or when you don't have the licenses in your OD account. Since you clearly didn't transfer the license yet (due to all the password problems) this message is to be expected. (You can also get that message later on when you have transfered your license and in that case it will have to do with freeware airports which have to be manually added to your account using the OrbxDirect site... but that's a whole different story.)

The whole transfer process is pretty self explanatory... Once you click on the button to start the transfer, you get very clear messages what to do next until you are done. Every step is clearly explained: you have to login to FSS, enter some information, you will receive a mail, you will have to click on a link and so on. It's done within minutes. But yes, you first HAVE to have a clear understanding of which password belongs to what.  :wink:

But yes, you first HAVE to have a clear understanding of which password belongs to what.

Very  true :wink:

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

The only part that is slightly confusing is the bit where you need to transfer the FSS account details across to the ORBx Direct website. The message suggests that you do not have any items in the account to transfer, but at this point you need to click on the FSS link that will have been sent to your email address, and confirm a few details. Everything will then proceed as planned :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

also youemail address has to be the same as you used at fss

I used a different address on account of the Orbx account registration email not arriving at my normal address, registered with my second email address and all went well.

No, but you couldn't disable regions once you had undergone the migration in FTX Central v2.

On the upside, region uninstall is very quick.  region install not so much.

You'll need to either uncheck the region is the scenery library, or use an external app such as SceneryConfigEditor or SIMstarter NG.

Ernie

I thought I was on FTXC 2 but I was enabling and disabling regions up until recently, so maybe I wasn't.

I've just downloaded and set up Scenery config Editor and once it's set up, it's even easier (and faster) than the old FTXC was. I have it set up by region, so now I can fly in PNW but with the Rockies, Southern Alaska and Pacific Fjords regions disabled if I'm not going to be straying into any of those territories. Very handy.

I thought I was on FTXC 2 but I was enabling and disabling regions up until recently, so maybe I wasn't.

It's possible that you hadn't underwent the migration process, in which case you would have still had the ability to enable/disable regions in v2.  It wasn't forced as it is in v3.

Ernest Pergrem

When selecting the applicable simulator, does anyone have the issue where FTX Central V3 does not recognize FSX steam edition as being installed? It sees it as the normal boxed FSX? I only have the Steam Edition but Central doesn't see it.

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

When selecting the applicable simulator, does anyone have the issue where FTX Central V3 does not recognize FSX steam edition as being installed? It sees it as the normal boxed FSX? I only have the Steam Edition but Central doesn't see it.

There does appear to be some issues by personal experience and some messages on the FTX forums. 

I have FSX and FSX:SE installed concurrently and it doesn't find FSX:SE.  However, on a second machine I have FSX:SE as a 'never had FSX installed' and it works just great.

I think it has problems with the whole FSX_SE path thing.

You might try the Orbx registry fix tool on their site to verify that the correct paths are present.

Ernest Pergrem

I just migrated over last night and the download speeds are horrendous, regardless if I use their CDN servers or not.

Orbx Direct is great.  Love the new interface and installing products is a breeze.  No more umnpacking installers for an hour or more.   I wish Simmarket would go this way too.

The only opportunity I am likely to have to purchase another ORBx product is if they decide to create a version of EINN Shannon (and yes......this is a request) :wink:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Do I need to manually download and install FTX Central v3 as I am currently on v2 and it is not reporting any update available?

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Do I need to manually download and install FTX Central v3 as I am currently on v2 and it is not reporting any update available?

Yes. Get it from Orbxdirect.com