Sign in to follow this  
Macpah

Grab your X-Plane 11 beta, guys!

Thanks for the info, I am already waiting for the update to Norway Pro!  :wink: (That UHD mesh will have to wait for my new PC though.) But right now my problem is getting the airports. I also already knew about Tony's airports (thanks again for the links, Tony  :wink: ) but I am having a hard time finding others. Must be looking in the wrong places.

the .org forum is the biggest source of aiports outside WED.

while it sounds rudimentary, i usually just type the icao code and x-plane in google and it usually finds me withtin 3 posts the correct .org link ;)

I also already knew about Tony's airports (thanks again for the links, Tony  :wink: ) but I am having a hard time finfint others. Must be looking in the wrong places.

May I suggest the airports made by "tdg" at the .org site. He's made a very large number of airports in Norway and elsewhere and the quality is usually very good IMO.

I don't know how to hyperlink from my smartphone, just search for his username in the download section over there.

Of course it is Tony's work. I know. And this is of course one of the best freeware GA airports available for X-Plane. I just wanted to point out that there is enough out there to also enjoy X-Plane as a GA pilot.

... and i (as many others as well i am sure) fully agree on that!

X- Plane has to offer a real lot, and there are a lot of talented developers out there doing a great job in making X-Plane a more and more fantastic flightsim platform!

:smile:

May I suggest the airports made by "tdg" at the .org site. He's made a very large number of airports in Norway and elsewhere and the quality is usually very good IMO.

Found them! Fooled around on the site a bit until I noticed the option to order everything by name: went to the first page that showed airports starting with EN and downloaded everything from tdg! Well... not everything because after 20 downloads I got a message I reached the limit for today. Which I sort of understand but which also kinda sucks because I didn't download Norway Pro yet...!!! :fool: Big bummer. So well, this will have to wait another day then.  :wink: Anyway, now we are getting somewhere!

I have latest TrackIR software version !

Thanks...  Didn't realize there was an updated driver for TrackIR.  Fingers crossed, but it's working right now.  Thanks again for this tip!

John

John Wingold

Well... not everything because after 20 downloads I got a message I reached the limit for today.

I think at some point Tom Knudsen (who made the library installer) intended to put all of TDG's and my own airports into a single package along with Norway Pro. Basically giving us a very good scenery package for Norway.

I'm skipping the axis that are unused but the roll axis moves but it does not move enough to bring out of red and become blue. I have calibrated via windows 10 and makes no difference.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Skip the roll Axis too, it should still work.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

FYI: The Navigraph FMS Data Manager now allows to update Custom Data for XP11.

Did an owner of Reality XP's GTN 750/650 try it yet in XP11? I understand that Reality XP committed to deliver a free update (after the Beta I reckon) but wonder if someone tried the current version with XP11.

Hans

Has anyone else noticed that XP11 is running at below normal priority?  I'm not sure if this could impact performance, or create more stuttering. Maybe there is a very good reason for this priority level, and its a normal thing for XP, so be cautious about changing it. I'll test raising it later and seeing if it makes a difference for me, although for now I can't do much as my joystick has just gone wrong :sad:

2 quick questions pls from a P3D and FSX veteran, noob xplaner 11  :smile:

1) How to quickly change altitude and heading in the default XP11 737 ? It turns 10 by 10 .....it takes 4 minutes to set 38000

2) Does the freeware XFmc addon get closer to PMDG fmc ?  In the default Xplane one I find pretty much nothing of a real Boeing FMC

Thx !

I have a FPS / panning / pauses problem with the Demo XP11 KSEA
I may have one setting off but cannot find it

Fullscreen and Windowed mode
FPS 15-22
Panning in the VC and external view is jerky / pauses start/stop (panning with mouse or arrow keys or hat switch).
All performance / graphics sliders are Left - Minimum for testing this
Minimum truck and car traffic are also pausing start/ stop motion.

By comparision:
XP10 sliders Mid to high
KSEA
FPS 30
All panning OK

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Skip the roll Axis too, it should still work.

I have tried that too and unfortunately still does not work. I skipped the roll axis and press "done".

I resume flight and still no control. All axis are moving when in the main "Joystick" menu. The roll is

showing limited travel but in the game none of the axis work. CH Pedals work correctly.

I did send a bug report. Hopefully they can look at it.

I have tried that too and unfortunately still does not work. I skipped the roll axis and press "done".

I resume flight and still no control. All axis are moving when in the main "Joystick" menu. The roll is

showing limited travel but in the game none of the axis work. CH Pedals work correctly.

I did send a bug report. Hopefully they can look at it.

I am in the same boat and have already filed a bug report yesterday. Only the yaw seems to work , but my controls are different than every1's , two logitech attack 3 , one for pitch / roll and the other for handheld yaw / throttle. 

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus