Sign in to follow this  
CarlosF

Public Beta2 is almost here...

Uhm... I have a feeling that if/when moon phases will be fixed, it will be ground friction... When ground friction will be fixed it, will be inaccurate density altitude... When density altitude will be fixed, it will be lacking of CBs... When CBs will be fixed, it will be some obscure flight model inaccuracy involving only no-counter-rotating propeller twin aircrafts on an out-of-envelope flight ... :smile: Meanwhile, I'll enjoy the flight simulator with the most immersive in-flight visuals. :smile:

• Upvote 7

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

I have a feeling that

Lol, I just read your first post on this page #4, but immediately knew to whom you refer :D

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

The C172 is acting very strange in this beta. It bursts into flames when I take off. Quite dramatic really, I didn't think my pilot skills were that bad :-)

The C172 is acting very strange in this beta. It bursts into flames when I take off. Quite dramatic really, I didn't think my pilot skills were that bad :-)

It's those JATO's playing up again ;-)

Uhm... I have a feeling that if/when moon phases will be fixed, it will be ground friction... When ground friction will be fixed it, will be inaccurate density altitude... When density altitude will be fixed, it will be lacking of CBs... When CBs will be fixed, it will be some obscure flight model inaccuracy involving only no-counter-rotating propeller twin aircrafts on an out-of-envelope flight ... :smile: Meanwhile, I'll enjoy the flight simulator with the most immersive in-flight visuals. :smile:

Yep, XP never satisfies me for some reason... Has been like this since v2... when it was very competitive against fs 95 but very expensive, and I just used to play with the demo...

I try hard to like it... and I know it has the potential, but then....

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Has been like this since v2

How many years of uninstalling does this make? ;)

• Upvote 6

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

I try hard to like it... and I know it has the potential, but then....

Guess it all depends on what you want out of a sim. I know you put a lot of weight on flight dynamics and accuracy, whilst others like myself prefer visuals and realistic scenery. X-Plane is very good at scenery, which is probably why I'm still here :-)

• Upvote 2

I prefer visuals / realistic scenery and then the flight dynamics and the weather. What XP offers to me is the visuals / scenery and probably the dynamics but not the weather visuals.

Jose, you are trying for perfection in all the sims which may not be entirely possible or may even take years. As to the XP dynamics which some say are stupid and some say  are really good and better than there counterparts well I have no way of knowing , the problem lies with LR not giving proper SDK's for there dynamics engine is my guess, look at the positive side they did change the screeching sound :)  .   The fact that i can fly in a very realistic scenery is what keeps me happy.  I would love to have the wx visuals like the MSFS sims and do dangerous bush flying . I really enjoy my sessions in DCS which i feel is on top where complete immersion is concerned but limited in area / only fighters / wx.  I don't do airliners too boring but XP offers amazing bush flights.

• Upvote 3

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

How many years of uninstalling does this make? ;)

More than 2 decades :-)

But there are sims I never uninstall - ELITE ( started using it around that time too ), and DCS and now IL2 Battle of... :-)

I see the potential in each new version of X-plane, and v11 is no exception and actually a remarkable one, but then .... I really don't know :-(

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Nope, in the Demo, just updated, set "Threaded Optimization" to "Off", FPS still drops to 2 to 5, I'm trying to give XP 11 a chance, but honestly don't see any reason to buy it, even if it ran smoothly.

where do you see the option to turn Threaded Optimization to Off?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Crash after GPS flight solved and Sparkling Cessna VOR gauges solved: I am very happy, bring it on.

C172, one step forward, two steps backward. Tried taxiing with a light wind . . . barely made it to my take-off position . . . once airborne the motor died! The simulator is in Beta phase, yes, but you would think that progress would be made, not regress. I'm sticking with XP but maybe going back one version temporarily. JJ