Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

Anyone tried ENVTEX?

I'll have to take a deeper look into this product over Xmas break.  It sure is getting confusing with all of the texture packs out there (this, REX TD, REX Worldwide, Zinertek, etc).

Hi Maxime - I am having some issues with my sun disappearing and the sky textures not working correctly with ASCA after the latest P3D update.  Tried to report  on your forums as I am registered but it says I do not have permissions.  Reports of others having a similar issue as well.  It appears when ASCA installs textures, something strange is happening with the sun and my sky textures also disappear.  Thanks for any help!

Having problems getting on to the forums. A message says I don't have permissions.

Don't understand as I am registered and was able to access it when I first signed up. I even downloaded a hotfix from there. 

Robin

I have the same problem with the forums, so annoying. I am also waiting for the update from simmarket because I can't get into the those forums.

Did you place verificaiton request in General Discussion thread? Your account needs to be "cleared for use". 

There is a box in your profile setup where you put in your order # ( or product ID) once you do that you post in the verification thread. Mods will then give you permission. It may be a slight pita, but I understand their caution.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

I have been using ENVTEX for a little bit, and I definitely like their sky colors. They are beautiful, yet very natural. From the competitors, I have seen a lot of fantasy colors that may impress an art designer, but have not much to do with reality.

As far as cloud textures, the level is not as high yet. To me, they look kind of "blobby" even at the highest resolution, while the competition (REX and HiFi) provides more fine details and contour. However, I think that if you use ASCA, you have a dream team: ASCA has great cloud textures, while ENVTEX' sky colors are nearly unbeatable. And both change dynamically depending on weather and geographical location!

I have been using ENVTEX for a little bit, and I definitely like their sky colors. They are beautiful, yet very natural. From the competitors, I have seen a lot of fantasy colors that may impress an art designer, but have not much to do with reality.

As far as cloud textures, the level is not as high yet. To me, they look kind of "blobby" even at the highest resolution, while the competition (REX and HiFi) provides more fine details and contour. However, I think that if you use ASCA, you have a dream team: ASCA has great cloud textures, while ENVTEX' sky colors are nearly unbeatable. And both change dynamically depending on weather and geographical location!

Exactly what I am doing at the moment with great results.  I use the ENVTEX sky textures and ASCA clouds.  This along with PTA has really brought an amazing visual experience to P3D...

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

I am on the fence.   I got down the list of features and I am like;  Already got it through FSFX Packages, Already got it through World Wide Airports HD, Already Got it through REX Direct, Already got it through AS2016+ASCA....     I have pretty much every add-on out there that manipulates everything that ENVTEX touches.   The only feature that catches my eye is the new sky colors.      Honest opinion, is it worth $21 bucks if you already have everything and you pretty much like all of it?   Are those extra sky texture sets worth the $21 because that's all I'd be getting out of this add-on.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

IMHO those sky colours are worth every cent. Water textures amaze me too. Even comparing to REX4!

Here is another one on the fence with this one. Got AS16, navid´s sky texture and Rex soft clouds and quite pleased with it so far. But as I have followed this thread I have been started to think... 21 Euros is not that much though... I have one dumb question remaining: does envtex have to be running on the background while I´m flying? Or is it just textures installation once?

Happy holidays everybody!

Tapani Österberg