Sign in to follow this  
Jim Young

Microsoft Agrees they were too Aggressive!

Just remember you need Win 10 PRO or higher.

Well that's me out of luck.

The "LOL" is because most home users will not be using the "PRO version or higher".

Indeed. Most people use Windows 10 Home and hence have problems with forced updates. If someone would have had Pro or higher he or she probably would have known already how to prevent forced updates. The problem lies only with the Home edition and you offer a solution for something only a Home user has problems with and it turns out to be a 'solution' only for Pro and higher. Hence the LOL. :wink: I don’t think many Home users will find having to buy the Pro version for some 280 euro’s a proper solution. ;)

Indeed. Most people use Windows 10 Home and hence have problems with forced updates. If someone would have had Pro or higher he or she probably would have known already how to prevent forced updates. The problem lies only with the Home edition and you offer a solution for something only a Home user has problems with and it turns out to be a 'solution' only for Pro and higher. Hence the LOL. :wink: I don’t think many Home users will find having to buy the Pro version for some 280 euro’s a proper solution. ;)

People spend thousands of $ on addons for FSX so I see no reason why they couldn't update their OS to the best spec there is.

In here upgrade is about $99 or you can get full win 10 PRO on newegg for $139.

I offer a solution because there is one and judging by responses I get around it's not only the home users that have issues with this.

Not to mention how would I know what OS version are people running?

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

Well, I think it's a safe bet to assume that most home users have the Home version of Windows installed. Why would they pay more for anything else? They don't need the PRO version.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Well, I think it's a safe bet to assume that most home users have the Home version of Windows installed. Why would they pay more for anything else? They don't need the PRO version.

Ok.

I'll stop trying to help at least somebody cause I see the "assumed majority" might not like it  :hi:

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

All very well, except that MS will reset all your changes each time they update.

That's not my experience. With one or two exceptions, the last time I had to change my options was after the Anniversary Update. Even then, most of my settings didn't change. I have yet to have an update which neccessitated changing all of my settings and the vast majority of updates have needed no changes at all afterwards.

If you have an update which causes serious problems, don't reinstall the OS, just remove the update. See http://www.howtogeek.com/235474/how-to-roll-back-builds-and-uninstall-updates-on-windows-10/ and

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930 (to prevent it reinstalling). There really is far too much scaremongering going on about Windows 10 which a little research would prevent.

Like it or not, Windows 10 is the future. In a few years time support for Windows 7 will end and from then on those systems still using it will become gradually more insecure (unless you never go online, of course). In the end it's your choice, just be aware of the facts and not the scare stories and conspiracy theories.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Like it or not, Windows 10 is the future. In a few years time support for Windows 7 will end and from then on those systems still using it will become gradually more insecure (unless you never go online, of course). In the end it's your choice, just be aware of the facts and not the scare stories and conspiracy theories.

Support for XP ended a few weeks back! However my virus checker updates at least twice a day and I use Firefox which also waorks with XP and is frequently updated. So they fill the holes that MS left.

Like it or not, Windows 10 is the future.

Nope, only for the Lemmings anyhow.

The future is Linux.

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

The future is Linux.

I have been waiting for Linux to be the future since getting Slackware on floppy disks, Still waiting :Sleepy:

• Upvote 1

Support for XP ended a few weeks back! However my virus checker updates at least twice a day and I use Firefox which also waorks with XP and is frequently updated. So they fill the holes that MS left.

But many of the vulnerabilities in Windows over the years have had nothing to do with viruses. They have been exploits of weaknesses found within the Windows code, hence the regular security updates.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

I have been waiting for Linux to be the future since getting Slackware on floppy disks, Still waiting :Sleepy:

Fair point. But then you and I are not Lemmings from the unwashed masses.

spacer.png

Fair point. But then you and I are not Lemmings from the unwashed masses.

Just cause you waste time waiting for something to happen (which might not happen at all to begin with) while others just get things done with the tools they have doesn't make you a rebel/unique cookie lol.

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

Anyone know where a guy can get really good tinfoil hats online?.......without Microsoft finding out................

• Upvote 1

Support for XP ended a few weeks back!

Just as a point of order, XP support ended a few years back - in April 2014.

I have been waiting for Linux to be the future since getting Slackware on floppy disks, Still waiting

darkstar login: