Sign in to follow this  
Jim Young

Microsoft Agrees they were too Aggressive!

I have w7 on my macihine and I wont be upgrading anytime soon. Been windows 10 user (laptop) since it rolled out, biggest issue for me is the backwards compitability of w10. Even emulators didnt work for me running some games and some hardware,

The computer came with Windows 10, and god it's awful :Tounge: . What were they thinking making the start menu go full-screen (They also do this on their server oses which drives me mad)

That is not the default behaviour Tony,  but it's a simple setting change to get the start menu back to a normal size, the windows 10 start menu really has a lot more functionality than  "classic shell" once you get used to it.

start.jpg

That fullscreen stuff is indeed awful, but it was introduced in Windows 8 (which I didn't like), not in Win 10. In Win 10 you can use fullscreen or a more traditional desktop screen, which is what I do. I have also disables all the spying stuff and Cortana.

Happy Holidays,

Peter

The upgrade dialog was changed in such a way that the red cross, normally used to close a dialog or to cancel something, now had the same effect as the OK button.

I don't think that I can find the right words to describe an error of this magnitude. Unbelievably stupid would be a good start.

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

The only issue I have with Windows 10 is it totally destroyed my Level D 767 and the developer has no fix.

Vic green

Hi Folks,

Yep - destroyed the Coolsky MD80's as well - the developer won't even install WIN10 to work on it...

Drivers for less than the latest hardware has been a nightmare...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

I love Windows 10. Best version up to now. I don't understand all the hatred. Great system. Take note that I am also a Mac user (on a daily basis since around 1990) and I wouldn't think about getting a Mac for home use now. Some 15 years ago I may have doubted about that but not anymore. I always have to smile about the people who are saying their (too expensive) Mac is so advanced and more user friendly. LOL My home PC beats the crap out of my work Mac in all possible ways. Macs are always lagging behind.

Concerning the spying: don't fool yourself. If you care about your privacy, do not use internet.

Windows 10 with P3D worries me.  It does more than worry me.  I see all of the problems and think it'd be a lot less trouble if they got Windows 7.  Eventually, we all have to switch over but I hope things stabilize before then.

I have absolutely not one problem with P3D and Windows 10...

The key is to do a full install, not an upgrade. Since Windows Vista, Microsoft has billed the upgrade option as comparable to a full install of a new OS, but upgrading leaves around old drivers, files, etc. that cause problems.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

Hi Folks,

Yep - destroyed the Coolsky MD80's as well - the developer won't even install WIN10 to work on it...

Drivers for less than the latest hardware has been a nightmare...

Regards,

Scott

True about the Cool Sky buy Leonardos Fly The Maddog seems to work fine with W10.

Vic green

I will stick to Win 7 for as long as possible. I skipped Vista and a lot of headaches. I used Windows 8 for 10 minutes before I wiped it off my hard drive. After Microsoft shut down ACES and made a complete fiasco out of FLIGHT, I will do whatever I can to never support Microsoft ever again.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

I love Windows 10. Best version up to now. I don't understand all the hatred. Great system. Take note that I am also a Mac user (on a daily basis since around 1990) and I wouldn't think about getting a Mac for home use now. Some 15 years ago I may have doubted about that but not anymore. I always have to smile about the people who are saying their (too expensive) Mac is so advanced and more user friendly. LOL My home PC beats the crap out of my work Mac in all possible ways. Macs are always lagging behind.

Concerning the spying: don't fool yourself. If you care about your privacy, do not use internet.

Couldn't agree more! I used to be a big fan of Win 7 but for my system upgrade earlier this year I decided to clean-install Win 10 before the free option ran out. I was working on the basis that I could just re-install Win 7 if I didn't like it. After a short period of re-adjustment I would definitely not go back. For me it's faster and more stable and the only small issues I've had have been my fault (and easily fixed). I'm still convinced that most problems people have with Win 10 stem from having upgraded from an earlier version of Windows rather than having done a clean install.

Anyone thinking that Windows 10 is somehow suddenly spying on them is very naive in my opinion. If you've ever used Google (and who hasn't) and almost any web browser, you've been spied upon much more seriously for years! It's even worse if you use social media apps regularly - Windows looks almost innocent by comparison.

Incidentally, my son-in-law has a Mac at home and uses Win 10 at work. Whilst he still likes the macOS, he thinks that recent versions of the OS have made it much more cumbersome than it used to be. He still prefers the Mac but not by nearly as much as he used to.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit